+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
I sent mailed it here
High Commission of Canada,
Migration Section
42 Independence Avenue Arko Adjei Interchange Accra, Ghana.

And softcopies to : accra.immigration@international.gc.ca.

All the best
Good morning, my oversea spouse just sent her documents to Accra VO today through DHL and she did her biometrics today. Who will send her biometrics? Is it the visa office or she needs to do the sending because she said they gave her a slip and said she should send it when they request for her passport. I don't understand. Somebody who have done this before should please let me know so that I will know what to do. Thanks

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
up to my knowledge they don't ask for wedding pictures when you add a spouse to your refugee pr application, however, they ask for pics and proof of conversations when you apply to sponsor a spouse. nevertheless, it is up to you since they didn't ask you for any proof as the marriage certificate should be enough.
Good day, my oversea spouse just sent her documents to Accra VO today through DHL and she did her biometrics today. Who will send her biometrics? Is it the visa office or she needs to do the sending because she said they gave her a slip and said she should send it when they request for her passport. I don't understand. Somebody who have done this before should please let me know so that I will know what to do. Thanks

Noraalzomor

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Good morning guys, my oversea spouse just sent her documents to Accra VO today through DHL and she did her biometrics today. Who will send her biometrics? Is it the visa office or she needs to do the sending because she said they gave her a slip and said she should send it when they request for her passport. I don't understand. Somebody who have done this before should please let me know so that I will know what to do. Thanks
She doesn’t need to do anything. They will send it by themselves.

Reactions: Mfoniso Urua

Mysoul78

Jun 30, 2018
Thank you for your reply could you please send there email address I send my family documents by Canada post it’s almost 30 days but not arrive to LVO , now I want to send by email .
Please do not take a risk and send only by email. They did not receive my documents by email. Sent through regular email on Feb 25 and it got there April 26. Use Fedex any other couriers.

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
How to send family application via email to LVO the size of documents is large. And I need LVO email please help me .

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Please do not take a risk and send only by email. They did not receive my documents by email. Sent through regular email on Feb 25 and it got there April 26. Use Fedex any other couriers.
You mean I not send by email right ? I send by couriers like Fedex ? you send your documents by courier?

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
I have not been able to link my oversea dependent spouse to MyCIC account and her biometrics did not come through the account. It rather went directly to her email. For easy access, is it IRCC that will update it by themselves or I should open a separate account for her with her UCI number that was sent along her biometrics letter? Please I need response from those who have gone through.

nsy1980

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
I have not been able to link my oversea dependent spouse to MyCIC account and her biometrics did not come through the account. It rather went directly to her email. For easy access, is it IRCC that will update it by themselves or I should open a separate account for her with her UCI number that was sent along her biometrics letter? Please I need response from those who have gone through.
Only the principal applicant’s portion of an In-Canada Protected Persons and Convention Refugees permanent residence application can be linked to an online account. Since you are a dependent on this application, you will not have the option to link your application to an online account.

Instead, to view the status of your application online, you may use the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) tool. If it becomes possible for dependents to link their own part of the application to an online account, the information will be made available on our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Only the principal applicant’s portion of an In-Canada Protected Persons and Convention Refugees permanent residence application can be linked to an online account. Since you are a dependent on this application, you will not have the option to link your application to an online account.

Instead, to view the status of your application online, you may use the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) tool. If it becomes possible for dependents to link their own part of the application to an online account, the information will be made available on our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Thank you. I have checked her status

Unicornicaaa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Hi everyone.
I'm an August 2020 applicant. Yesterdy I received an email which indicate me to pay biometric fee in an one-month deadline which is 85$. At first I thought they have made mistake to request my fingerprint again. Because i did it in 2018 before coming to Canada. After talking to an immigration consultant, she said this emil refers to my overseas partner. Therefore we made the payment and recevied the confirmation of payment in my email address.
Now I have a question base on your prior experience, how many times dose it take for my partner to provide his biometric?
In my ECAS they just started proccesig of my application on June 27, 2021 and received my medical exam.

Last edited:

Keliwal

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Hi , how to send family documents to LVO via email ? I already send documents via Canda post but not arrive yet it’s almost 30 days when I check the tracking number it shows in transit I don’t know what’s the problem, before I send the original documents to LVO such as birth certificate , marriage certificate, and police clearance, now I want to send by email because the time is too short , I have copy of birth certificate and marriage certificate just not have police clearance what should I do ?
many thanks .
This is their email: LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
You mean I not send by email right ? I send by couriers like Fedex ? you send your documents by courier?
You are right. I sent my documents by e-mail in December. Total silence from IRCC. Then in April, I sent the same documents by DHL and they acknowledged receipt and put me on April queue. I have lost 4 months wait time just like that.

• Angry
Reactions: imadeddin

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi it’s almost 33 days that I send my family documents to LVO but not hearing anything yet every they I check the tracking number unfortunately shows in transit I don’t know the LVO received my family documents or no my questions how do I know they received my family documents how to contact LVO ?