+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

refugeewithkids

Jul 24, 2020
hi the principle applicant living in Montreal got his COPR but the spouse outside Canada didnt receive the csq so far...

The embassy asked her to submit her CSQ but she didnt receive it yet though they all applied for it in 2018??

what should she do?

Floxy2020

Feb 14, 2020
hi the principle applicant living in Montreal got his COPR but the spouse outside Canada didnt receive the csq so far...

The embassy asked her to submit her CSQ but she didnt receive it yet though they all applied for it in 2018??

what should she do?
If her spouse would be landing in Quebec, he needs a CSQ.
Did she apply for CSQ in 2018? If no, she needs to apply immediately.
if yes, it may have been lost in transit or not processed (before COVID, it used to take 2-3wks to receive your CSQ). So she needs to contact ”Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Francisation et de l'Intégration” asap.

Last edited:

ozkan190

Sep 10, 2019
Hi everyone I want to share my timeline and I have couple of questions maybe someone help me?applied for a protection in June 2019
Scheduled as a short hearing and I got positive decision.
Iknow I have to wait my letter to start application process for PR.
My question is I married in January 2020 in Canada. My wife has a short time student visa and changed as visitor visa . We extended once her visa and now we are waiting second extension about the visa. How should we apply for PR. Inland or Outland ? Is she stay with me during the Pr process, she has to go back country , and wait Pr in there. You know there is a COVID and I don’t want to send her back . What should I do ? Or anybody experienced like us ?

Ranolive

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Hi everyone I want to share my timeline and I have couple of questions maybe someone help me?applied for a protection in June 2019
Scheduled as a short hearing and I got positive decision.
Iknow I have to wait my letter to start application process for PR.
My question is I married in January 2020 in Canada. My wife has a short time student visa and changed as visitor visa . We extended once her visa and now we are waiting second extension about the visa. How should we apply for PR. Inland or Outland ? Is she stay with me during the Pr process, she has to go back country , and wait Pr in there. You know there is a COVID and I don’t want to send her back . What should I do ? Or anybody experienced like us ?
You apply inland.

No she must not go back home country.

Call immigration and explain the situation
They will confirm it

Reactions: ozkan190

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

Just want to know, after completing overseas documents (forms) and did medical exam. What comes next? My overseas VO is Ankara.
I know that i paid fee for my wife's biometric. Do they will have here biometric or their home country.

Please share you experience who had and how long i took. Or who had recently.

Thank you in advance.

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

Just want to know, after completing overseas documents (forms) and did medical exam. What comes next? My overseas VO is Ankara.
I know that i paid fee for my wife's biometric. Do they will have here biometric or their home country.

Thank you in advance.
Did they request for medical or done it upfront in advance?

AAAAO

Jan 22, 2019
Hello, my oversee dependent got request from Accra for medicals and other documents and forms. We submitted requested documents. Immigration called some days after to ask questions regarding proof of communication submitted (some argument message with spouse) which I answered and she said she just wanted to be sure am still proceeding or not. I said Yes and ended the conversation. Does anyone have similar experience pls and approx how many months more to get passport submission request. Thank you

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance.

Sirius1

Dec 27, 2019
Hello @Ratmir
Hello guys

I have a wife and four children (13, 11, 9, 3) back home (Saudi Arabia). I didn't receive any message from Abu Dhabi VAC yet but I am trying to understand the required forms beforehand. I am filling IMM0008 for my wife and couldn't figure out what exactly to fill in the first section of the application. I am wondering if you can help me understand what to write for the following questions?

Program Under which you are applying?

Category under which you are applying?

How many family members including you? should I write 5 (wife and four dependent children)?

I am also not sure what to do for the children. Do I need to prepare IMM0008 for each of them or add them to my wife's application? or make separate IMM0008 for the eldest and add the other three as dependents?

Thanks in advance!

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Hello @Ratmir
Hello guys

I have a wife and four children (13, 11, 9, 3) back home (Saudi Arabia). I didn't receive any message from Abu Dhabi VAC yet but I am trying to understand the required forms beforehand. I am filling IMM0008 for my wife and couldn't figure out what exactly to fill in the first section of the application. I am wondering if you can help me understand what to write for the following questions?

Program Under which you are applying?

Category under which you are applying?

How many family members including you? should I write 5 (wife and four dependent children)?

I am also not sure what to do for the children. Do I need to prepare IMM0008 for each of them or add them to my wife's application? or make separate IMM0008 for the eldest and add the other three as dependents?

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

It is good to be ready beforehand.

Firstly about question

Myself put familiy category but do your research more and more.
Some says refugee some says family. Lastly i put family cause it is me as refugee they are my dependants. Hope it will be good.

Secondly, i have one kid. I just added number 2. My wife and my kid. Cause there are two on that application.
If i am not mistsken you can add more there just clicking add more dependants. If i am not mistaken if kids more than 7 you filling another forms it is additional dependants form. Cause after 7 you can not add or click more.
About kids age i am not sure but older 18 years should be seperately i guess.

But if you filling it alone and not sure how please refer to professional. Pay fee to lawyer or parelegal or community servises. Because small mistake could leave delay your process. You have lots of forms to fill.
You could earn money but time waiting delay time you can not earn. This is my opinion. Again good luck.

Reactions: Sirius1

Sirius1

Dec 27, 2019
Hi,

It is good to be ready beforehand.

Firstly about question

Myself put familiy category but do your research more and more.
Some says refugee some says family. Lastly i put family cause it is me as refugee they are my dependants. Hope it will be good.

Secondly, i have one kid. I just added number 2. My wife and my kid. Cause there are two on that application.
If i am not mistsken you can add more there just clicking add more dependants. If i am not mistaken if kids more than 7 you filling another forms it is additional dependants form. Cause after 7 you can not add or click more.
About kids age i am not sure but older 18 years should be seperately i guess.

But if you filling it alone and not sure how please refer to professional. Pay fee to lawyer or parelegal or community servises. Because small mistake could leave delay your process. You have lots of forms to fill.
You could earn money but time waiting delay time you can not earn. This is my opinion. Again good luck.
Thank you Ratmir for your reply.
I believe you are right. I should seek help from a professional or paralegal and pay them to make sure everything is properly filled.
Wish you all the luck!

Reactions: Ratmir

SODEEP

Mar 2, 2020
I am March,2019 applicant...New delhi visa office(NDVO). I received email last week requesting for various forms(IMM0008/IMM5669/IMM5406/TRAVEL HISTORY FORM)and additional docs like police certificate, educational certificate, marriage certificate, Marriage photos, passport biopage, birth certificate, Passport size photos.
Rest everything is fine but I have encountered a problem and i need ur help...
My question is we have Marriage Certificate,Relationship certificate...
But no marriage photos as our marriage photos was there in a memory card and the card got corrupted.Not even a single photo...So, I have prepared a letter explaining the reasons for not being able to provide the marriage photos and also I have attached communication proof like email conversations, social media(Skype,Viber, Facebook messenger)messages. Also i have attached many video call screenshots, plus financial support documents, My spouse company's beneficiary letter which includes my name in it,as a beneficary...
Will that be enough or i need to provide anymore thing to support it...I am really tensed...Kindly suggest

Last edited: