+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
Hi guys. Wanted to share my timeline. I applied as accompanying child of protected person.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 9, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on February 8, 2020. (Transfer to paris visa office).
  3. We sent you medical instructions on August 20, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on October 2, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. Sent extended family member exemption request 8 Oct.
  7. Sent passport for stamping 10 oct.
  8. Received passport and copr 20 oct.
  9. Received approval for extended family authorization exemption 30 november.
  10. You entered Canada at the Calgary International Airport POE office on November, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident.
What was the exemption for

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
For travel restrictions. As a dependent child who became more than 22 during processing I was not considered a dependent child for the restriction.
So you are saying your child was over the age of 22 and u asked exemption for him

K7moda

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
So you are saying your child was over the age of 22 and u asked exemption for him
No I am over 22. My mother is the protected person. I applied for the exemption from the exemption email as I turned 23 during processing. I have been considered a dependent child for the pr using the locked in age date.

Reactions: Ranolive and saidur

Arbz

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
My Ecas is not updating its say in process. We start processing sep 2018 no update since after that anyone know why

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am March 2019 applicant, already received approval letter waiting for CORP,

Here I would like to share some experience with you guys, who are waiting for an approval letter, which right after that who has overseas dependants, will be asked for some application forms and documents.

I will go step by step, try to bring my experience that you will not have the same difficulties.

Firstly, do not wait for an approval letter, you can now start to fill application forms, there generally the same VO reguesting.
So you will have some time to prepare and not lose days to sending.

- Generic Application Form [IMM0008]
- Schedule A [IMM5669]
- Additional Dependents/Decleration Form [IMM0008DEP]
- Supplementary Information – Your Travels [IMM5562]
- Additional Family Information [IMM5406]

Secondly, prepare some additional documents like - passport biodata page (first page with photos dates, etc ), marriage certificates, birth certificates, police certificates ( check where you will get it and how long will take if necessary) national IDs. If your passport expired renew it. I think you get my point about all things related to documents.

Thirdly, you will double triple maybe before sending check again all your documents, numbers date everything. Because during sending process it is very stressful, your mind somehow blocked each time when you will check your forms and documents you probably find mistypes, even forgotten information which is for you- uppss I forget, I should add it, but VO immigration will think he has something to hide, or they will ask additional document which is will take more time to process your application.

ALL forms should be up to date. When I was speaking with my friend I was asking what you write let say the first BOX, the said I do not have that box, then I realized that he has sent the 2018 application form. but Immigration asks to send only updated forms. Again double check,

Lastly more tricky moment, you will have a lot of pdf forms and you maybe could not send them in one email. https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf use this web site to compress them, secondly, write in your email that you are going separate emails numbering - email 1 of the 5, email 2 of the 5, etc.
Put DOB, UCI, APPLICATIONS NUMBERS in each email, make it easier for them to find your application, and more readable.

I got an approval letter last week. but it took one week for me to send it today. I lost some days not going work, ( normal process) a lot of stress.
It could be maybe 2 days without it if I could be ready somehow or not gathering information about compressing pdf, sending emails separately, finding mistakes on applications, etc.

But fortunately, I sent them. it is not about to send them during one day it is about to send it properly and avoiding maximum mistakes.

GOOD luck to everyone who is waiting ( because everyone waits, some CORP, some APPROVALS, some, etc etc etc. )
@ except police clearance I have already provided all form and documents with fees when I applied for PR for my self and Included my overseas dependent in May 2019 after I get my COPR or AIP I still need to send them again ?

Reactions: Ratmir

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
@ except police clearance I have already provided all form and documents with fees when I applied for PR for my self and Included my overseas dependent in May 2019 after I get my COPR or AIP I still need to send them again ?
Before Dec 2019 you are able only provide only yours application forms then after you getting aproval then your dependants.
Like when they finish your applications the same documents they ask for your dependants. Same process before on the form i wrote myself then my wifr info,now my wife writes about herself and adds some information about me.
As I said this process before Dec 2019, but some of my friends dis all forms applications both himself and his depandents, cause they changed law or something i do not know.

Reactions: saidur

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Before Dec 2019 you are able only provide only yours application forms then after you getting aproval then your dependants.
Like when they finish your applications the same documents they ask for your dependants. Same process before on the form i wrote myself then my wifr info,now my wife writes about herself and adds some information about me.
As I said this process before Dec 2019, but some of my friends dis all forms applications both himself and his depandents, cause they changed law or something i do not know.
He applied 2020 march, he included his documents and his dependants forms documents as well.

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Thank you

Reactions: Ratmir

Floxy2020

Feb 14, 2020
Hello all. Accra VO finally contacted me today to request some documents:
My Spouse:
CSQ: Certificat de sélection du Québec from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion for you and your dependent

Ø Passport photos: Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications) for applicant and dependent

Ø All evidence of ongoing spousal relationship between applicant and In-Canada applicant, which includes, but not limited to, all evidence of communication and support and any other documentation you may have to support your relationship

Ø Marriage photos: Marriage photos

My dependent child

Ø Provide all education documents

I used to live in Quebec when I applied but have since moved to Ontario. Quebec issued just me a CSQ as a protected person, but my spouse and dependent child do not have a CSQ because they are overseas.
How do they expect my family members to get CSQ when their application is still being processed? Can I just write a letter explaining that I am now in a different province?

Also, what are examples of communication between my spouse I can include?
The application process is so confusing. Please help.

• Love
Reactions: Ranolive

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
My Spouse:
CSQ: Certificat de sélection du Québec from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion for you and your dependent

Ø Passport photos: Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications) for applicant and dependent

Ø All evidence of ongoing spousal relationship between applicant and In-Canada applicant, which includes, but not limited to, all evidence of communication and support and any other documentation you may have to support your relationship

My dependent child

I used to live in Quebec when I applied but have since moved to Ontario. Quebec issued just me a CSQ as a protected person, but my spouse and dependent child do not have a CSQ because they are overseas.
How do they expect my family members to get CSQ when their application is still being processed? Can I just write a letter explaining that I am now in a different province?

Evidence of communication will include; Whatsapp messages, SMS, call logs etc. You can also include evidence of transfer of funds, e-mail communication etc.

Ranolive

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
My Spouse:

My dependent child

Congrats
I guess you may have just forget to do it.

I am march 2018
Got aip september 2019
Dakar office requested my oversea family files on september 2019

In november 2019, i received their csq also,despite as they live abroad and their file being underprocess
I became PR in dec 2019

Prearrivals received by my family in november 19th,2020

Medical and passport request received on november 30th,2020

Floxy2020

Feb 14, 2020
Congrats
I guess you may have just forget to do it.

I am march 2018
Got aip september 2019
Dakar office requested my oversea family files on september 2019

In november 2019, i received their csq also,despite as they live abroad and their file being underprocess
I became PR in dec 2019

Prearrivals received by my family in november 19th,2020

Medical and passport request received on november 30th,2020
Did you request for CSQ on behalf of your family or they just sent it to you ?
So I assume the reason I did not get their CSQ was because I left the province of Quebec before getting my COPR/Landing interview. I guess I would just explain it in a letter to them. Or what would you advise?