+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am March 2019 applicant, already received approval letter waiting for CORP,

Here I would like to share some experience with you guys, who are waiting for an approval letter, which right after that who has overseas dependants, will be asked for some application forms and documents.

I will go step by step, try to bring my experience that you will not have the same difficulties.

Firstly, do not wait for an approval letter, you can now start to fill application forms, there generally the same VO reguesting.
So you will have some time to prepare and not lose days to sending.

- Generic Application Form [IMM0008]
- Schedule A [IMM5669]
- Additional Dependents/Decleration Form [IMM0008DEP]
- Supplementary Information – Your Travels [IMM5562]
- Additional Family Information [IMM5406]

Secondly, prepare some additional documents like - passport biodata page (first page with photos dates, etc ), marriage certificates, birth certificates, police certificates ( check where you will get it and how long will take if necessary) national IDs. If your passport expired renew it. I think you get my point about all things related to documents.

Thirdly, you will double triple maybe before sending check again all your documents, numbers date everything. Because during sending process it is very stressful, your mind somehow blocked each time when you will check your forms and documents you probably find mistypes, even forgotten information which is for you- uppss I forget, I should add it, but VO immigration will think he has something to hide, or they will ask additional document which is will take more time to process your application.

ALL forms should be up to date. When I was speaking with my friend I was asking what you write let say the first BOX, the said I do not have that box, then I realized that he has sent the 2018 application form. but Immigration asks to send only updated forms. Again double check,

Lastly more tricky moment, you will have a lot of pdf forms and you maybe could not send them in one email. https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf use this web site to compress them, secondly, write in your email that you are going separate emails numbering - email 1 of the 5, email 2 of the 5, etc.
Put DOB, UCI, APPLICATIONS NUMBERS in each email, make it easier for them to find your application, and more readable.

I got an approval letter last week. but it took one week for me to send it today. I lost some days not going work, ( normal process) a lot of stress.
It could be maybe 2 days without it if I could be ready somehow or not gathering information about compressing pdf, sending emails separately, finding mistakes on applications, etc.

But fortunately, I sent them. it is not about to send them during one day it is about to send it properly and avoiding maximum mistakes.

GOOD luck to everyone who is waiting ( because everyone waits, some CORP, some APPROVALS, some, etc etc etc. )

Hunarnamiq

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Canada
App. Filed.......
9 feb 2018
Hello everyone,

Here I would like to share some experience with you guys, who are waiting for an approval letter, which right after that who has overseas dependants, will be asked for some application forms and documents.

I will go step by step, try to bring my experience that you will not have the same difficulties.

Firstly, do not wait for an approval letter, you can now start to fill application forms, there generally the same VO reguesting.

- Schedule A [IMM5669]

Secondly, prepare some additional documents like - passport biodata page (first page with photos dates, etc ), marriage certificates, birth certificates, police certificates ( check where you will get it and how long will take if necessary) national IDs. If your passport expired renew it. I think you get my point about all things related to documents.

Thirdly, you will double triple maybe before sending check again all your documents, numbers date everything. Because during sending process it is very stressful, your mind somehow blocked each time when you will check your forms and documents you probably find mistypes, even forgotten information which is for you- uppss I forget, I should add it, but VO immigration will think he has something to hide, or they will ask additional document which is will take more time to process your application.

ALL forms should be up to date. When I was speaking with my friend I was asking what you write let say the first BOX, the said I do not have that box, then I realized that he has sent the 2018 application form. but Immigration asks to send only updated forms. Again double check,

Lastly more tricky moment, you will have a lot of pdf forms and you maybe could not send them in one email. https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf use this web site to compress them, secondly, write in your email that you are going separate emails numbering - email 1 of the 5, email 2 of the 5, etc.
Put DOB, UCI, APPLICATIONS NUMBERS in each email, make it easier for them to find your application, and more readable.

I got an approval letter last week. but it took one week for me to send it today. I lost some days not going work, ( normal process) a lot of stress.
It could be maybe 2 days without it if I could be ready somehow or not gathering information about compressing pdf, sending emails separately, finding mistakes on applications, etc.

But fortunately, I sent them. it is not about to send them during one day it is about to send it properly and avoiding maximum mistakes.

GOOD luck to everyone who is waiting ( because everyone waits, some CORP, some APPROVALS, some, etc etc etc. )
Thanks for sharing your experience, how long it take after approval to get CORP? And how long it take for overseas family to get their approval or visa?

Reactions: Ratmir

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Hello everyone,

- Schedule A [IMM5669]

Thanks for the great information Ratmir, you are such great person. Can you please tell me which email do you send your family’s application and what address we should mail our application to Ankara?

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Thanks for sharing your experience, how long it take after approval to get CORP? And how long it take for overseas family to get their approval or visa?
u r welcome.

I have not gotten my CORP yet, still waiting for, the overseas document I sent yesterday, I hope it will not take a long time.

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Thanks for the great information Ratmir, you are such great person. Can you please tell me which email do you send your family’s application to and what address we should mail our application to Ankara?
here is the Ankara email address:
ankraimmigration@international.gc.ca

But in their email, they say only send emails not mails, but if you want a mailing address here is -

Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
Cinnah Caddesi 58
06690 Cankaya
Ankara
Turkey

Reactions: Ex ツ and Onetv1

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Thanks for the great information Ratmir, you are such a great person. Can you please tell me which email do you send your family’s application and what address we should mail our application to Ankara?

don't send anything to Ankara by mail you have to email them your dependent applications.
you have to scan everything as pdf file due to Covid and email it to them.
When I received AIP I was like I will complete and send my family forms super fast but that failed, I had lots of misspelled, not completing some form. Also, I missed an additional form for our country that was extra and not listed in the AIP email.
I mailed to the first I paid tons of money to post but they returned it because of Covid.
don't email anything before they send your confirmation, because in some country application has one more form.
my advice is to wait for your CORP and VAC will send you an email and they will ask you to complete the forms.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ex ツ and Onetv1

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
u r welcome.

I have not gotten my CORP yet, still waiting for, the overseas document I sent yesterday, I hope it will not take a long time.
So you didn't get your CORP yet and you sent your dependent's application and you completed their Medical Already?

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
So you didn't get your CORP yet and you sent your dependent's application and you completed their Medical Already?
Yes you are right. Medical also done for them.
Small issue that my kids Ime number was inactive, i wrote to Ankara but the next day her imeo number was active and they sent her results. But yesterday i got email from Ankara they sent new Ime number. No i should write them that previous Imeo number is active and cancel new one.

Imeo number- is for registration each person for their medicals.

xer012

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi. Has anyone here sent their dependent forms to London office by email. Were they accepted? If yes please share the email. I haven’t been able to speak with IRCC.

YousifBreesam

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Hello, I am an old member here. I forgot my password and was able to get my account back just recently.

please tell me something hopeful as I am losing my mind right now. PLEASE READ UNTIL THE END!

the last update for my father application was on October 10, 2019 when they requested military papers and we submitted that on time. We were told the medicals would be next, but since that time until now NOVEMBER 2020, no update at all. everytime I contact them, they say wait & it’s taking long because of COVID-19.

Please let me know how the timeline for outside dependents are going for you all. His office is in Abu Dhabi.

please don’t ignore this if you have anything to say regard it. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I am an old member here. I forgot my password and was able to get my account back just recently.

please tell me something hopeful as I am losing my mind right now. PLEASE READ UNTIL THE END!

the last update for my father application was on October 10, 2019 when they requested military papers and we submitted that on time. We were told the medicals would be next, but since that time until now NOVEMBER 2020, no update at all. everytime I contact them, they say wait & it’s taking long because of COVID-19.

Please let me know how the timeline for outside dependents are going for you all. His office is in Abu Dhabi.

please don’t ignore this if you have anything to say regard it. Thank you.
If your father was in the military and IRCC requested his military papers, this may mean the background / security check is going to take longer to complete. This can often happen with those who have military backgrounds. Have you tried ordering GCMS notes?

Reactions: Ex ツ

YousifBreesam

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
If your father was in the military and IRCC requested his military papers, this may mean the background / security check is going to take longer to complete. This can often happen with those who have military backgrounds. Have you tried ordering GCMS notes?
I haven’t ordered them before. How can I do that please?

K7moda

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hi guys. Wanted to share my timeline. I applied as accompanying child of protected person.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 9, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on February 8, 2020. (Transfer to paris visa office).
  3. We sent you medical instructions on August 20, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on October 2, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. Sent extended family member exemption request 8 Oct.
  7. Sent passport for stamping 10 oct.
  8. Received passport and copr 20 oct.
  9. Received approval for extended family authorization exemption 30 oct.
  10. You entered Canada at the Calgary International Airport POE office on November, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident.

Last edited:
Reactions: Floxy2020