+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Thank you so much for your answer!

As I said, there are only two of us - my common-law partner outside Canada and me (in Canada).
There is a question "How many family members, including you, are in this application?", in the IMM0008 form that she must fill out for the Warsaw office.
She must put 1? I’m not a dependant in her application?

But in the section DEPENDANT(S) of this form, there is the following note: "You must provide the following details about each of your family members, whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada."

I’m not a permanent resident yet.
So it's all very confusing whether she should end up including me in her application as a dependant or not. If she include me in the application, it may mean that I must fill out my own IMM 5406 (Additional family information), but I've already done it for my Mississauga case… The same with SCHEDULE A (background/declaration).

How confusing! Or, I’m not smart enough ))
Please guys help me figure out the issue...
You are not her dependent, you are already in spouse column.

Only one family member
She needs to fill additional form for her

I also sent one set of form with my Pr paper but they would asked again . So need to send AIP letters form and will ask more additional forms . After the receiving of these form between 6-8 weeks

Thanks

Reactions: Edwartt

Edwartt

Mar 15, 2019
You are not her dependent, you are already in spouse column.

Only one family member
She needs to fill additional form for her

I also sent one set of form with my Pr paper but they would asked again . So need to send AIP letters form and will ask more additional forms . After the receiving of these form between 6-8 weeks

Thanks
Thank you very much! I really appreciate your attention and information! :)

xer012

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi Everyone. Can you please help me with my question. My PR application is in process and I have a depende t overseas. She has lost her passport and cant make one quickly because of COVID19. I wanted to know if she can just use her old passport number on forms etc until she gets a replacement? I assume they will only ask for the passport at the end of the process. But I have a concern. They recently asked for her biometric Fee. Do dependents have to give biometrics?

Reactions: Shanwari

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Hi Everyone. Can you please help me with my question. My PR application is in process and I have a depende t overseas. She has lost her passport and cant make one quickly because of COVID19. I wanted to know if she can just use her old passport number on forms etc until she gets a replacement? I assume they will only ask for the passport at the end of the process. But I have a concern. They recently asked for her biometric Fee. Do dependents have to give biometrics?
Did you get AIP or DM ?
Did they request the forms of overseas family ?

xer012

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Did you get AIP or DM ?
Did they request the forms of overseas family ?
Thanks for the reply shanwari. No we havnt yet recieved the AIP or any form request. Only biometric fee request for overseas dependent. I dont know what to do since the dependent passport# that I gave on my PR application that passport is now lost. So will my dependent need to show that passport for biometric? Do you know when they ask for biometric of dependents?

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Thanks for the reply shanwari. No we havnt yet recieved the AIP or any form request. Only biometric fee request for overseas dependent. I dont know what to do since the dependent passport# that I gave on my PR application that passport is now lost. So will my dependent need to show that passport for biometric? Do you know when they ask for biometric of dependents?
In my case I got Biometric fees request in 8 August 2019 i did pay same day and Igor AIP letter in October 2019 and in AIP letter they asked me to send forms and documents to London office I sent them 5 the of November 2019 and got letter for the Biometric on 05 December 2019 .
So they will not ask you to do Biometric same time it will take some time .

In letter they did mention

What you need to bring with you:
When you present yourself at the biometric collection service point of your choice, you must bring the following:
• a copy of this letter, and
• the passport or travel document that you referenced in your application.

So dnt need to be worry just pay their fees and wait they will ask you to give Biometric when you will get DM or AIP

Reactions: YoYo81

xer012

Star Member
May 15, 2019
In my case I got Biometric fees request in 8 August 2019 i did pay same day and Igor AIP letter in October 2019 and in AIP letter they asked me to send forms and documents to London office I sent them 5 the of November 2019 and got letter for the Biometric on 05 December 2019 .
So they will not ask you to do Biometric same time it will take some time .

In letter they did mention

What you need to bring with you:
When you present yourself at the biometric collection service point of your choice, you must bring the following:
• a copy of this letter, and
• the passport or travel document that you referenced in your application.

So dnt need to be worry just pay their fees and wait they will ask you to give Biometric when you will get DM or AIP
Thanks. So it seems that we have 2 /3 months to get a new passport. Hopefully offices will open by then.

seahowk

Oct 9, 2019
Hello everyone, Can you please help me with my question. I have applied for my overseas dependents in February 2020, in the London office.
I did not receive any confirmation or they not ask me any documents yet.
Anyone has any idea how long will take to complete the process, and the London office processing applications this time or not.
Thanks

Amjad.ADKBK

Dec 20, 2018
hi guys
i just received pre arrival service i am DR2 overseas , my document received in Abu Dhabi imgration office on jan 20th 2020
when i can expect next step

regards

Nuug33

Mar 19, 2020
Hi all,
My wife received pre arrival letter, but she have not any biometric fingerprint, and medical.
I applied under protected person family.
My question does it need fingerprint and when they will send to us,what will be next, I need your help if any of you experienced similar our case.
Thank you.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
hi guys
i just received pre arrival service i am DR2 overseas , my document received in Abu Dhabi imgration office on jan 20th 2020
when i can expect next step

regards
Congratulations Amjad , pre arrival is positive sign and it’s mean eligibility passed , normally after this step is security check and there is no specific timeline for that , it deferent from case to case , some cases receive medical request after two weeks and some others receive it after 6 months. As you know due to covid 19 there is delay on process. Anyway hope to hear good news soon , best luck for your family :)

Reactions: Amjad.ADKBK

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi all,
My wife received pre arrival letter, but she have not any biometric fingerprint, and medical.
I applied under protected person family.
My question does it need fingerprint and when they will send to us,what will be next, I need your help if any of you experienced similar our case.
Thank you.
Congratulations, it’s mean eligibility passed. It could be receive fingerprint request depends when you applied for PR . For the medical request normally after security check step . good luck :)

Amjad.ADKBK

Dec 20, 2018
Congratulations Amjad , pre arrival is positive sign and it’s mean eligibility passed , normally after this step is security check and there is no specific timeline for that , it deferent from case to case , some cases receive medical request after two weeks and some others receive it after 6 months. As you know due to covid 19 there is delay on process. Anyway hope to hear good news soon , best luck for your family :)
Thank you for being helpful and full of positive energy , hope you all the best .

regards

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
hello guys
one of my friends just got DM for his PR APPLICATION INLAND
HE WILL FORWARD THE DOCUMENTS ASAP TO THE VISA OFFICER
HE IS MISSING HIS FAMILY SO MUCH ,AND PLANNING TO MEET THEM IN A THIRD COUNTRY
HE ALSO SCARED THAT AFTER THEY TRAVEL ,THE VISA OFFICER MIGHT REQUEST SOME DOCUMENTS ,MEDICAL,POLICE CLEARANCE....ETC
THEY ARE PLANNING TO STAY IN THIS THIRD COUNTRY FOR 4 MONTHS

WHAT WOULD BE THE EXPECTED DOCUMENTS THAT HIS FAMILY MIGHT PROFIDE BEFORE TRAVELLING TO MEET HIM?
WHAT ARE YOUR SUGGESSTION?
MANY THANKS FOR ALL OF YOU

Noda

Apr 15, 2019
Hello everyone
Can you please tell me if the Visa Office in Abu Dhabi still working and processing the application