+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
hello guys
one of my friends just got DM for his PR APPLICATION INLAND
HE WILL FORWARD THE DOCUMENTS ASAP TO THE VISA OFFICER
HE IS MISSING HIS FAMILY SO MUCH ,AND PLANNING TO MEET THEM IN A THIRD COUNTRY
HE ALSO SCARED THAT AFTER THEY TRAVEL ,THE VISA OFFICER MIGHT REQUEST SOME DOCUMENTS ,MEDICAL,POLICE CLEARANCE....ETC
THEY ARE PLANNING TO STAY IN THIS THIRD COUNTRY FOR 4 MONTHS

WHAT WOULD BE THE EXPECTED DOCUMENTS THAT HIS FAMILY MIGHT PROFIDE BEFORE TRAVELLING TO MEET HIM?
WHAT ARE YOUR SUGGESSTION?
MANY THANKS FOR ALL OF YOU
From Canada immigration point of view as long as the family member of your friend stays in third country, less then 6 months ,there is no need of any extra document for requirement.

Even they stay that country more than 6 months only thing they need to worry about is getting police clearance from that country.

Of Course your friend and the family may need visa to travel this this third country.

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
From Canada immigration point of view as long as the family member of your friend stays in third country, less then 6 months ,there is no need of any extra document for requirement.

Even they stay that country more than 6 months only thing they need to worry about is getting police clearance from that country.

Of Course your friend and the family may need visa to travel this this third country.
Thank you for your reply
The idea is mmy friend will travel to meet his family in a third country
At the same time the visa officer back home might require a documents from the family... So what are the documents that might needed within three or four months of applying for a family sponsor ship

Amjad.ADKBK

Dec 20, 2018
Hello everyone
Can you please tell me if the Visa Office in Abu Dhabi still working and processing the application
hi
yes they send me pre arrival letter this week , and my application now showing in process , before showing application received

regards

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Thank you for your reply
The idea is mmy friend will travel to meet his family in a third country
At the same time the visa officer back home might require a documents from the family... So what are the documents that might needed within three or four months of applying for a family sponsor ship
1- ) IRCC generally does not require any special document from Country of citizenship. In some cases it might require police clearance from home country.

2-) Since the family is not planning to stay in third country as residence; the family members will go through medical checks in home country.

3-) All the sponsorship process and work related to the family will be happening in home country's Canadian Embassy or visa office.

4-) If any family member over 18 stayed any country other then their home country, more than 6 months; they need to get police clearance from that country.

And finally consider family sponsorship process and your friend's family reunion in third country two different thing. Then it will make much more sense.

Reactions: jack_2001

Emil7

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
Guys, my overseas wife passed eligibility 3rd March 2020. I just received CBSA notes, and it shows that last update was 5th may, and criminality, security wasn't started. Question is, how long it takes to pass criminality and security? And why they didn't do nothing from March to may?

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
does anyone heard from Uk Visa office.
Yes they sent me this 2 days ago :

I hope this response has addressed your concerns. Unfortunately, due to ongoing restrictions in the UK related to the COVID-19 epidemic which continue to affect our office, there is likely to be continued delay in resuming processing of your application. However, we will endeavor to review it as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

RP

tender91

Mar 3, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am a Refugee & PR in Canada and currently my husband is in another country waiting as his papers process.

My husband and I received a PFL (Procedural Fairness letter). It said my husbands case may be refused because our marriage was done by proxy.

The thing is yes our marriage was done by proxy but only because of the war back home. When I applied for PR, I was aware that we had to be both physically present in the ceremony, and I wrote a letter to CIC to accept him as a dependent as we were going to meet soon in a third country for our wedding ceremony when I am able to travel and my husband is able to get out of the country. However, after our ceremony and sending proof to CIC of our wedding, we did not know that we should/could register our marriage in the third country as well since it has been already registered in our country when we got married by proxy.

In the letter CIC stated that his application may be refused and that they are giving us an opportunity to send additional information OR provide any humantarian and compassionate reasons for them to consider our application. My question is, has anyone been in this situation? And would you think I need a lawyer for this case or writing a letter explaining our situation to CIC would be sufficient?

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am a Refugee & PR in Canada and currently my husband is in another country waiting as his papers process.

My husband and I received a PFL (Procedural Fairness letter). It said my husbands case may be refused because our marriage was done by proxy.

The thing is yes our marriage was done by proxy but only because of the war back home. When I applied for PR, I was aware that we had to be both physically present in the ceremony, and I wrote a letter to CIC to accept him as a dependent as we were going to meet soon in a third country for our wedding ceremony when I am able to travel and my husband is able to get out of the country. However, after our ceremony and sending proof to CIC of our wedding, we did not know that we should/could register our marriage in the third country as well since it has been already registered in our country when we got married by proxy.

In the letter CIC stated that his application may be refused and that they are giving us an opportunity to send additional information OR provide any humantarian and compassionate reasons for them to consider our application. My question is, has anyone been in this situation? And would you think I need a lawyer for this case or writing a letter explaining our situation to CIC would be sufficient?
According to law, the C.I.C officer "MUST" process your application as "Common Law" or "Conjugal" even though your marriage was done via proxy.
What you must do is send them evidence that you lived together for over 1 year. Try to send bills, letter, photos etc that shows this.
Then they will process your application as Common Law or Conjugal spouse.

Amjad.ADKBK

Dec 20, 2018
hi
i received Emial

Dear ********
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. The following documents are
required to continue processing your application:
G**********
> Client Information: Basis of claim and narrative. This must be received at this
office by: 2020/10/05
All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French
must be accompanied by a certified translation.

what they want me to send

please help me

regards

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
hi
i received Emial

Dear ********
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. The following documents are
required to continue processing your application:
G**********
> Client Information: Basis of claim and narrative. This must be received at this
office by: 2020/10/05
All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French
must be accompanied by a certified translation.

what they want me to send

please help me

regards
That’s good sign
They started work
Wish you good luck

Jahlove2000

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
I believe that is good sing but I want to know what they want me to send
@ Amjad, you are required to send a copy of the initial documents you use in applying for refugee.. That is ur Basic of Claim and your Narrative(that's the submitted summary of what led you to claim refugee... You can get copies from your lawyer)
Can you please share your time line?