+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

tender91

Mar 3, 2018
According to law, the C.I.C officer "MUST" process your application as "Common Law" or "Conjugal" even though your marriage was done via proxy.
What you must do is send them evidence that you lived together for over 1 year. Try to send bills, letter, photos etc that shows this.
Then they will process your application as Common Law or Conjugal spouse.
We did not live together because of the war so we are not eligible for common law. And conjugal spouse is not considered under G (refugee) application. It is different from family class. Do u know by experience that some one has been considered as a conjugal under G application?

Arbz

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
status change from in process to applicant received is that normal and what will be the next step

Last edited:

Hunarnamiq

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Canada
App. Filed.......
9 feb 2018
Unfortunately no update, I emailed Ankara VO, this is there response,
Good day, you have reached the Migration Section of the Canadian Embassy in Turkey. Please note that due to the current worldwide pandemic and the current travel restrictions to Canada, our office is only providing essential services. We appreciate your patience as we monitor a fluid situation in regard to travel to Canada.

If you have applied for permanent residence to Canada (family sponsorship, skill worker, etc.) note that your application is on hold until further notice.

Emil7

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
Unfortunately no update, I emailed Ankara VO, this is there response,
Good day, you have reached the Migration Section of the Canadian Embassy in Turkey. Please note that due to the current worldwide pandemic and the current travel restrictions to Canada, our office is only providing essential services. We appreciate your patience as we monitor a fluid situation in regard to travel to Canada.

If you have applied for permanent residence to Canada (family sponsorship, skill worker, etc.) note that your application is on hold until further notice.
Hey bro. When did you apply for your family?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am a Refugee & PR in Canada and currently my husband is in another country waiting as his papers process.

My husband and I received a PFL (Procedural Fairness letter). It said my husbands case may be refused because our marriage was done by proxy.

The thing is yes our marriage was done by proxy but only because of the war back home. When I applied for PR, I was aware that we had to be both physically present in the ceremony, and I wrote a letter to CIC to accept him as a dependent as we were going to meet soon in a third country for our wedding ceremony when I am able to travel and my husband is able to get out of the country. However, after our ceremony and sending proof to CIC of our wedding, we did not know that we should/could register our marriage in the third country as well since it has been already registered in our country when we got married by proxy.

In the letter CIC stated that his application may be refused and that they are giving us an opportunity to send additional information OR provide any humantarian and compassionate reasons for them to consider our application. My question is, has anyone been in this situation? And would you think I need a lawyer for this case or writing a letter explaining our situation to CIC would be sufficient?
You need to get your marriage refistered in the 3rd country.

refugeewithkids

Jul 24, 2020
Tax point.

Dears, while filling the tax income form for 2019, the person who helps us to fill said i cant put the income the spouse is sending from outside Canada.

He said only the income inside Canada generated by my employment, but my spouse helps too by sending money from outside.

Any advise Please?