+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hey all, I create this thread to share timeline for overseas spouse and dependents also the additional documents which requested from VO if there is any, please share here .
I'll start with myself ,I'm spouse of protected person and convention refugee in Canada
My wife got DM at 5th February and on February 26, 2019 she became a permanent resident.

My time :
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on May 16, 2018.
The requested applications were sent and arrived Abu Dhabi visa office on 25th of February and no update until now.

Varadero

Dec 18, 2011
Hey YoYo81, Congrats to you and your wife!

I am assuming you are in your home country still? Were you contacted to send in documentation to Abu Dhabi or did CIC forward that stuff over their because your wife included you and all of your paperwork in her application? My sister in law is in the same boat and I would like some info on this area.

Her timeline is:

1. Application received Dec 2017
2. Received PR on April 23, 2019

Her husband was listed as a dependent and that he would accompany her. His fee was paid and all of his paperwork was submitted at the same time.

Reactions: Amjad.ADKBK

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hey YoYo81, Congrats to you and your wife!

I am assuming you are in your home country still? Were you contacted to send in documentation to Abu Dhabi or did CIC forward that stuff over their because your wife included you and all of your paperwork in her application? My sister in law is in the same boat and I would like some info on this area.

Her timeline is:

1. Application received Dec 2017
2. Received PR on April 23, 2019

Her husband was listed as a dependent and that he would accompany her. His fee was paid and all of his paperwork was submitted at the same time.
My wife received DM letter and in the letter they asked me as spouse to provide the documents to Abu Dhabi VO ,This is the normal process for spouse or dependents which were included in the main applicant application in first place.

Reactions: Amjad.ADKBK

Varadero

Dec 18, 2011
My wife received DM letter and in the letter they asked me as spouse to provide the documents to Abu Dhabi VO ,This is the normal process for spouse or dependents which were included in the main applicant application in first place.
Thanks, I’ll have to check her DM letter to see what it says.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Hey all, I create this thread to share timeline for overseas spouse and dependents also the additional documents which requested from VO if there is any, please share here .
I'll start with myself ,I'm spouse of protected person and convention refugee in Canada
My wife got DM at 5th February and on February 26, 2019 she became a permanent resident.

My time :
The requested applications were sent and arrived Abu Dhabi visa office on 25th of February and no update until now.
Thank you so much for starting this thread. My mom got her DM last week, and on the DM letter, it mentioned that she has to submit two forms for my dad (outside dependent) to the Abu Dhabi office. I’m wondering how did you send your documents to Abu Dhabi? Did you use DHL express service? Or what?

Varadero

Dec 18, 2011
Thank you so much for starting this thread. My mom got her DM last week, and on the DM letter, it mentioned that she has to submit two forms for my dad (outside dependent) to the Abu Dhabi office. I’m wondering how did you send your documents to Abu Dhabi? Did you use DHL express service? Or what?
Congrats to your mom!

I just called CIC to ask about my SIL’s husband and his paperwork and the reason they didn’t ask her for anything for him (documents) is because we submitted everything for him with her application so they processed concurrently and his paperwork is already in the Canadian embassy in their home country. Now she wait til he gets the call to do medical and biometrics and then PR! I hope it’s like another poster on here from Singapore and her family was processed within 45 days!

Best of luck to you both!

Reactions: Safar@2016

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
I used Aramex , I think you can send the documents with any courier you want ,just be sure to track the package because Abu Dhabi VO will not confirm to you when they recieve it and you have to know by yourself.

Reactions: live&love

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Congrats to your mom!

I just called CIC to ask about my SIL’s husband and his paperwork and the reason they didn’t ask her for anything for him (documents) is because we submitted everything for him with her application so they processed concurrently and his paperwork is already in the Canadian embassy in their home country. Now she wait til he gets the call to do medical and biometrics and then PR! I hope it’s like another poster on here from Singapore and her family was processed within 45 days!

Best of luck to you both!
Usually the VO ask again for the documents because the one which submitted with the main applicant was old and they need to have new data . This is what I know.Any way its good to know that in some cases didn't ask for documents . wish best for all :)

Reactions: Safar@2016

Varadero

Dec 18, 2011
Usually the VO ask again for the documents because the one which submitted with the main applicant was old and they need to have new data . This is what I know.Any way its good to know that in some cases didn't ask for documents . wish best for all :)

Yes that’s sounds like something CIC would do! They are not consistent at all.

Reactions: Aklogistics

Sanakk

Mar 28, 2019
Hello guys

I have a question about the biometric, can a family of protected person do biometric before the Volcano ask one. And, how can they ask for biometric.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hello guys

I have a question about the biometric, can a family of protected person do biometric before the Volcano ask one. And, how can they ask for biometric.
As I know , when you go to visa application center ( VAC) for biometric, they’ll ask for the biometric request letter, I’m not sure if you can provide without letter

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
I used Aramex , I think you can send the documents with any courier you want ,just be sure to track the package because Abu Dhabi VO will not confirm to you when they recieve it and you have to know by yourself.
I used Aramex too, I thought they would send an email confirming that they received it, don’t they?

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
I used Aramex too, I thought they would send an email confirming that they received it, don’t they?
No,they don’t. You just know from track number. After almost one month they’ll send you email to ask for extra documents. Usually they do that

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
No,they don’t. You just know from track number. After almost one month they’ll send you email to ask for extra documents. Usually they do that
Oh okay good that you told me. After one month they will send an email asking for extra documents on the email that was provided in the Generic form right?

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015

My time :
How come you can track your application?
Did they give you a UCI number?
Or are you using the same number as your spouse in Canada?

Reactions: Protected person