+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
hi everyone! i posted here a while ago about the process of my application and how it was not moving. soon after that i ordered our gcms notes and it didn't reveal anything major, however recently we finally received a breakthrough ( hopefully at least) when we got our pre arrival service letter but after reading some posts here i found out that a) you get that letter after your medical request. b) and shortly after you get your PPR. but seeing as we still didn't get our medical request yet , and my father didn't receive his pr yet was that just false hope or are they finally moving forward with our application alas a bit slower that others ?
If your father is inside Canada and just received Pre-Arrival Services, there’s hope his application is in a stage of being finalized.

It seems medical is now waived for people that have undergone one previously. It’s all in a bid to make the process faster.

You should be hopeful. You will get good news soon.

May 6, 2022
If your father is inside Canada and just received Pre-Arrival Services, there’s hope his application is in a stage of being finalized.

It seems medical is now waived for people that have undergone one previously. It’s all in a bid to make the process faster.

You should be hopeful. You will get good news soon.
thank you for replying!
but actually though, my father ( whos in Canada) already got his pre arrival ( around a year ago i believe) , that new letter was for us overseas , and yes his ircc account says he doesn't need medical but the medical i was talking about was also for us overseas and we never got one done before. in the gcms notes i ordered , it said that he passed eligiblity, criminal and security so im not really sure what the hold up for his pr is. its just so frustrating because they received his pr application in December of 2019 so its been a little over three years now i just hope we see any good news soon

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
thank you for replying!
but actually though, my father ( whos in Canada) already got his pre arrival ( around a year ago i believe) , that new letter was for us overseas , and yes his ircc account says he doesn't need medical but the medical i was talking about was also for us overseas and we never got one done before. in the gcms notes i ordered , it said that he passed eligiblity, criminal and security so im not really sure what the hold up for his pr is. its just so frustrating because they received his pr application in December of 2019 so its been a little over three years now i just hope we see any good news soon
Has he tried to find out what stalled his application because I don’t think you’re in a Pilot Program. He needs to make the enquiry. Again, was your father a military man, a policeman or a member of a political organization in your country?

Driz001

Apr 21, 2022
Hello guys, 2 weeks ago I was able to link my account. My oversea spouse also got a letter in my email showing her application and UCI number and was also sent a checklist to provide her forms and additional documents.

1) I would like to know if I can continue to use my email address in her application and family forms.

2) Would she be required to open an online account as a dependent spouse to continue her application or all future correspondence will by emails.

Thank you.

Safoo

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Can i request GCMS Notes for my wife application, note that my wife outside canada, and if yes which one privacy act or access to information? Thank you

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hello guys, 2 weeks ago I was able to link my account. My oversea spouse also got a letter in my email showing her application and UCI number and was also sent a checklist to provide her forms and additional documents.

1) I would like to know if I can continue to use my email address in her application and family forms.

2) Would she be required to open an online account as a dependent spouse to continue her application or all future correspondence will by emails.

Thank you.
Using your email for her is a choice you made when you were filling the application forms. If you had used hers, I believe they would have sent her the email and probably copy you.

Application of dependent relatives abroad cannot be linked to online (GCKey) account. Correspondences with her will be via email or through you.

Thank you.

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Can i request GCMS Notes for my wife application, note that my wife outside canada, and if yes which one privacy act or access to information? Thank you
Yes you can apply access to information
You will also need her consent form without that they won’t send it to you

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
Goodmorning. I need advice for a family friend.
She came into canada with her children in 2017 and got accepted as a conventional refugee.
She applied for Permanent resident and included jer husband who is back home in the application.

She became Permanent resident in 2021 and since then her husband application has been pending in accra ghana since 2021. Before 2021 they requested her husband to pay for biometric and other supporting documents which they did immediately.

Ever since then, there has been no update on the application.

She is been so worried and devastated. She has contacted her MP, they advised her to reapply.
Will that means sponsoring her husband again from the scratch?

Please advice

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
She came into canada with her children in 2017 and got accepted as a conventional refugee.
She applied for Permanent resident and included jer husband who is back home in the application.

She became
Permanent resident in 2021 and since then her husband application has been pending in accra ghana since 2021. Before 2021 they requested her husband to pay for biometric and other supporting documents which they did immediately.

She is been so worried and devastated. She has contacted her MP, they advised her to reapply.

Please advice

Order GCMS notes or tell MP inquire about the application. They have the power to inquire

Abeambolar

Jan 5, 2023

She became Permanent resident in 2021 and since then her husband application has been pending in accra ghana since 2021. Before 2021 they requested her husband to pay for biometric and other supporting documents which they did immediately.

Please advice
That's exactly the point I am too. My husband applied for me and the kids. I've also sent everything documents required required to Ghana since 2021. Up till now, no correspondence from them. We are in the same boat as we speak