+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
And the unfortunate thing is that the MP couldnt do anything about it. The MP said the officer at the IRCC office adviced that because the file is an old file they might not be able to process it and that she should go and reapply for her husband.
So she has to do a sponsorship application and start the whole process again.

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
And the unfortunate thing is that the MP couldnt do anything about it. The MP said the officer at the IRCC office adviced that because the file is an old file they might not be able to process it and that she should go and reapply for her husband.
How is that possible. Are 2021 files now old files?

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
According to her the application was submitted December, 2018 and in November , 2020. Two years later, the husband received a mail asking him to submit payment for biometrics. He did so right away and provided the IRCC the payment receipt.
She became Permanent Resident in 2021 and ircc etobicoke informed her that her husband application is being processed in ghana.

They told her to submit some documents to accra, which the husband did immediately.

After then. No further correspondence from accra office since 2021, They have sent numerous email. But the clowns at the accra office will not respond or acknowledge the receipt of the documents.

Yeto

Apr 20, 2022
According to her the application was submitted December, 2018 and in November , 2020. Two years later, the husband received a mail asking him to submit payment for biometrics. He did so right away and provided the IRCC the payment receipt.
She became Permanent Resident in 2021 and ircc etobicoke informed her that her husband application is being processed in ghana.

They told her to submit some documents to accra, which the husband did immediately.

After then. No further correspondence from accra office since 2021, They have sent numerous email. But the clowns at the accra office will not respond or acknowledge the receipt of the documents.
We are in the same boat. I submitted my husband's application to Accra VO since 2021 and up till now nothing. My question is why they requested biometric before his file was transferred to the VO or am I missing something? Cause his file has to be transferred first, they will request medical and after biometric. I'm confuse with this whole process especially Accra VO.

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hello everyone

Finally got decision made and passport request yesterday. The journey is over now.

Here is my complete timeline

We were lucky to be a part of pilot project

Myself

Application received July 30, 2021
No AOR
Started Processing Dec 9, 2021 and asked for documents for my dependants outside
Pre-Arrival April 10, 2022
Medical Request April 11, 2022
Decision made and copr June 6, 2022
PR card received July 15, 2022

Outside dependants

Application received July 30, 2021
No AOR
Started Processing and asked for documents Dec 9, 2021
Pre-Arrival April 10, 2022
Medical Request April 11, 2022
Medical not received letter June 7, 2022
Medical proof sent June 8, 2022
Decision made and passport request December 12, 2022

Both applications were being processed in Mississauga I pray for everyone still waiting for there applications
Congratulations!!!

Reactions: sohaib1

Abeambolar

Jan 5, 2023

My sister, exactly word for word, step by step is the same with me. My case is exactly like theirs since 2021, no acknowledgment from Ghana. I have sent mails tyre even calls nothing but I know God has stepped in to help us all because I don't know what to do again.

malikesham190

Jan 22, 2023
Hey everyone. I just wanted to ask a question. I applied for my PR back in august 2022 and when I try to find the status of the application it’s says try again. When I use information to link my application to the account it says application not found. Can I contact someone from the website that where they are with my application and it’s status. Because some people with the same claim came after me have been approved and their families back home have got their biometrics done. Please help me.

Reactions: Yeto

Oluwabb

Jan 18, 2023
My sister, exactly word for word, step by step is the same with me. My case is exactly like theirs since 2021, no acknowledgment from Ghana. I have sent mails tyre even calls nothing but I know God has stepped in to help us all because I don't know what to do again.
Honestly, I don't even have two prayers anymore. Feels so bad to be separated from your loved ones. I know Accra visa office will come through for us this year by God's grace. AMEN.

setiyer

Feb 22, 2022
Hi friends, This is my timeline:

**Ankara VO**
1. Application received : March 2021
2. Processing started: October 2021
3. Medical received February 2022 (going to expire in less than 3 weeks)
4. I had biometric before

I am very frustrated. There is no news after medical. When do you think I should expect passport request?
Thank you in advance

Driz001

Apr 21, 2022
Hello friends, I am trying to submit the requested documents for my outside Canada family but I noticed that the total documents size to upload is 3.5mb. I have compressed all the documents and I am fearing that they lack good visibility when viewed. Can I split the documents and send twice via web form to CIC or they must be together as one documents? Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
An MP can’t interfere in IRCC business. They can enquire but can’t change anything done at IRCC.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey everyone. I just wanted to ask a question. I applied for my PR back in august 2022 and when I try to find the status of the application it’s says try again. When I use information to link my application to the account it says application not found. Can I contact someone from the website that where they are with my application and it’s status. Because some people with the same claim came after me have been approved and their families back home have got their biometrics done. Please help me.
You likely haven’t received AOR yet. If that is the case you won’t be able to see your file. Only after AOR will you be able to see your file online.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Yes you can attach two different files in one webform provided the two files combined will be less than 3.5MB. My husband did that and it went smoothly.

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto

Just to an update for the people in the same situation.

So.i advice my friend to send an email to the minister of Immigration. She did amd today she received a response from the minister's office.

Responce below;

Departmental records indicate that this application was forwarded to the visa office in Accra in June 2021. The Medical Examination, Eligibility and Security Assessments are pending, and your Criminality Assessment is in progress. Applicants are contacted if additional information or documentation is needed, should an eligibility interview be required, or as soon as a final decision has been made. Information about how applicants can ask about an application in progress is available on the IRCC Website.

Even though this may not be the response she had anticipated, at least she is hopeful that there is atleast a response from IRCC since 2021

Reactions: Oluwabb