+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

LandofLivingSkies

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
No, nothing yet. Your friend's children's file is also in Singapore Visa Office, right? I send a webform but haven’t received any update from them yet. They were working very fast untill February or mid March but now they're working slow.....
That's very unfortunate and frustrating, my friend think, his children file didn't go to Singapore office yet, because IRCC didn't ask for any additional documents yet, but their application number was assigned, which he received from Singapore visa office. There is nothing can't do except waiting !!

• Sad
Reactions: Sheekritee

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Is there a petition that was created before for the waiting time for families overseas to be reunited? /please link it here if was created before
I saw an e-petition created for citizenship waiting time. and we are families waiting years to see our children
we can start a new one if not created-opinions on this?

Sarxv

Apr 17, 2022
Hi friends, Is there anyone who just recently received their dependent’s PR from Ankara embassy ?
I was a protected person in Canada and I put my spouse as my dependent at the time of submitting my Permanent Residence application( I submitted my PR in December 2020)
I received my pr in January 2022 as a main applicant.
My husband was requested to do medical examination on 15th December 2021.
Today is May 23th 2022 and its been 5 months since my spouse submitted his medical result.
Since then there is no news from IRCC , I had a follow up on his application through MP , here is what I received:

• The medical examination results are on file and valid until December 27, 2022.
  • The criminality verifications have not been initiated.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • he file is in queue for a review by an officer. The responsible office will contact the applicant when a final decision is made. If further details are needed, the responsible office will contact the applicant directly.”

Do you know how long does it take to receive his PR ?
    Any similar experience?
    I’m so tired of waiting and I haven’t seen my spouse for 3 years and 5 months due to COVID…

Last edited:
Reactions: MOHAMMEDN

cet

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
Hi friends, Is there anyone who just recently received their dependent’s PR from Ankara embassy ?
I was a protected person in Canada and I put my spouse as my dependent at the time of submitting my Permanent Residence application.
Today is May 23th 2022 and its been 5 month since my spouse submitted his medical result.
Since then there is no news from IRCC , I had a follow up on his application through MP , here is what I received:

• The medical examination results are on file and valid until December 27, 2022.
  • he file is in queue for a review by an officer. The responsible office will contact the applicant when a final decision is made. If further details are needed, the responsible office will contact the applicant directly.”

Do you know how long does it take to receive his PR ? Any similar experience?
  • I’m so tired of waiting and I haven’t seen my spouse for 3 years and 5 months due to COVID…
Hi,

waiting Ankara for 10 months after medical
Good luck.

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
I was a protected person in Canada and I put my spouse as my dependent at the time of submitting my Permanent Residence application.
Today is May 23th 2022 and its been 5 month since my spouse submitted his medical result.

Do you know how long does it take to receive his PR ? Any similar experience?
  • I’m so tired of waiting and I haven’t seen my spouse for 3 years and 5 months due to COVID…
Yes I heard Ankara VO always request medicals and biometrics early in the process after they receive the checklist.

We are both on the same boat.

Applied July 2020 for me and my overseas spouse.

I became PR in January 2022
and my spouse checklist was requested November 2021. (6 months ago)
biometrics: April 2022
No medical request yet
Abu Dhabi VO

Anyway, it should not exceed 8-9 months.

Can you share when did you apply in the first place?

One-step2020

Sep 24, 2021
Yes I heard Ankara VO always request medicals and biometrics early in the process after they receive the checklist.

No medical request yet
Abu Dhabi VO

Unfortunately, they exceed waiting time 18 month.

Sarxv

Apr 17, 2022

No medical request yet
Abu Dhabi VO

I applied for my PR application with my spouse in December 2020 and received my PR(after 14months) in January 2022.

• my spouse checklist was requested November 2021.
• He didn’t need to submit a biometric since he had already one from his previous application!
• Medical requested on 15th Dec 2022.
• Medical submitted on 20th Dec 2022 ( it’s been 5months)

After submitting his Medical result still there is no news and I know his criminal and security check hasn’t been initiated.
it’s been almost 6months and criminality checks takes more than 3 months so the processing time won’t be in 8-9 months timeline I guess…
It’s really frustrating…

Last edited:
Reactions: MOHAMMEDN

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
I applied for my PR application with my spouse in December 2020 and received my PR(after 14months) in January 2022.

• my spouse checklist was requested November 2021.
• He didn’t need to submit a biometric since he had already one from his previous application!
• Medical requested on 15th Dec 2022.
• Medical submitted on 20th Dec 2022 ( it’s been 5months)

After submitting his Medical result still there is no news and I know his criminal and security check hasn’t been initiated.
it’s been almost 6months and criminality checks takes more than 3 months so the processing time won’t be in 8-9 months timeline I guess…
It’s really frustrating…
Well in case your original application for PR was in December 2020 - My understanding for the processing time, is IRCC deadline would be December 2022; It might take one to two months after this deadline. And maybe earlier.

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Sorry to hear that. Was the application missing any documents? Did you request GCMS notes? or talked with your MP