+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

One-step2020

Sep 24, 2021
This is very unpleasant. Can you please share your timeline and VO?
Yes, it is a very frustrating process. After another stressful experience with IRCC, I got PR last Oct and requested my dependent's application to the Amman visa office in Sep. And after several calls and emails to convince them that my family lives in Turkey with nothing, I had to send my dependent's application to Amman, and in Nov, Amman's office asked me to transfer my dependent's application to Ankara office, and in January, they requested the medical and biometrics.
Yes, all the processing time was raised by IRCC. You can check that on the IRCC website.

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
In keeping with the priority accorded to reuniting immediate family members, IRCC offices should endeavour to complete DR2 case processing within the same time frames as the principal applicant is processed in Canada. Note: The PA in Canada may be granted permanent residence prior to completion of the processing of overseas family members due to the inadmissibility exemption for protected persons under A42 and R23. The PA in Canada may include any or all family members, and only those family members who have been included in the application must be examined.

One-step2020

Sep 24, 2021
In keeping with the priority accorded to reuniting immediate family members, IRCC offices should endeavour to complete DR2 case processing within the same time frames as the principal applicant is processed in Canada. Note: The PA in Canada may be granted permanent residence prior to completion of the processing of overseas family members due to the inadmissibility exemption for protected persons under A42 and R23. The PA in Canada may include any or all family members, and only those family members who have been included in the application must be examined.
Yes, that is on their website. But, in reality, they are not doing that. If they need to work with that, that means our family should be in Canada right now. I have a friend who submitted his family application at the Cario visa office in May last year and still nothing

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Yes, that is on their website. But, in reality, they are not doing that. If they need to work with that, that means our family should be in Canada right now. I have a friend who submitted his family application at the Cario visa office in May last year and still nothing
No biometrics or medicals from Cairo yet?

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Well in case your original application for PR was in December 2020 - My understanding for the processing time, is IRCC deadline would be December 2022; It might take one to two months after this deadline. And maybe earlier.
My understanding is that the dependents overseas are processed within one year of the principal applicant (in Canada) receiving his PR.

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
My understanding is that the dependents overseas are processed within one year of the principal applicant (in Canada) receiving his PR.
I heard about this but I do not believe it applies to people who applied for PR in Canada and their overseas family at the same time.

I guess OYW is something you would need to fill out a separate application for IMM5571

My understanding to our families applications are being exceeding processing time of 23 months since the original submission of application is just a delay.

However, many of my friends in Canada had their families application completed within max of 5-6 months after PA became PR

Visa Offices: London, Abu Dhabi.

At the end there are a lot of differences depending on 1- the applications complexity, 2-how the overseas family application was transferred to the Visa Office ( By the applicant or by the CPC in Mississauga) 3-number of dependents, 4-and it varies from a region to a region (Visa Offices) on how fast they are processing applications.

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Yes the process is like that but these days its all random and is taking longer

Reactions: MOHAMMEDN

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Yes the process is like that but these days its all random and is taking longer
•Original submission to CPC-M: July 2020
•Checklist request: November 2021
(File E-Transferred to Abu Dhabi by CPC-M)
•Gcms IRCC notes requested: March 2022 (Not received until today)
•Biometrics request: April 2022
• Another Gcms notes requested from IRCC + CBSA this time: May 2022
What would be next and how long do you think it would take?

LandofLivingSkies

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
•Original submission to CPC-M: July 2020
•Checklist request: November 2021
(File E-Transferred to Abu Dhabi by CPC-M)
•Gcms IRCC notes requested: March 2022 (Not received until today)
•Biometrics request: April 2022
• Another Gcms notes requested from IRCC + CBSA this time: May 2022
What would be next and how long do you think it would take?
I would say next maybe medical then PPR, but how long, it will depend with the visa office, but since they asked for checklist on November 2021, I would hope they will get PPR request by or before November 2022. Wishing you best luck.

Reactions: MOHAMMEDN

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
I would say next maybe medical then PPR, but how long, it will depend with the visa office, but since they asked for checklist on November 2021, I would hope they will get PPR request by or before November 2022. Wishing you best luck.
Thanks. wishing you the best as well.

Sa169

Apr 13, 2022
Hi All,
I've contacted the MP office to inquire about the latest update on my family's application. They contacted the IRCC and told them that the criminality assessment has passed , The eligibility assessment is in progress and The medical assessment has not started.

- Does this sequence make sense?
- Is this a good sign?
- Any expected time duration?

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Hi All,
I've contacted the MP office to inquire about the latest update on my family's application. They contacted the IRCC and told them that the criminality assessment has passed , The eligibility assessment is in progress and The medical assessment has not started.

- Does this sequence make sense?
- Is this a good sign?
- Any expected time duration?
Can you please share your family application timeline and which Visa Office is currently processing it?