+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Hi guys is it possible to get a TRV or visiting visa for overseas dependants as their paperwork goes on any ideas Pliz and wateva help rendered I’ll be grateful
Not recommended since officer will not be easily convinced that your spouse will leave at the end of her stay. You can still try if your spouse have strong ties to where He/She resides now, such as employment or education, but chances are not guaranteed.

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Average processing time from biometrics to medical please? Abu Dhabi VO
original submission to CPC-M July 2020
transferred to Abu Dhabi November 2021

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 29, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on November 9, 2021.
  3. We sent you correspondence on February 16, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. Prearrival letter Feb 23, 2022.
VO: Paris
no update till now.

i thought PPR comes immediately after Pre-arrival letter?
Is this for overseas dependent of Protected Person?

Usama Z

Sep 23, 2015
Hi Everyone, I’ve a question that refugees aren’t allowed to travel back home country until they get citizenship. My question is that overseas dependent who just landed as permanent resident is gonna face the same situation like he cant go back to their home country until they get citizenship?

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hi Everyone, I’ve a question that refugees aren’t allowed to travel back home country until they get citizenship. My question is that overseas dependent who just landed as permanent resident is gonna face the same situation like he cant go back to their home country until they get citizenship?
You can return to your home country anytime if you were not a protected person. Overseas dependents are not protected persons and can therefore visit their home country.

Reactions: sohaib1

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hi guys is it possible to get a TRV or visiting visa for overseas dependants as their paperwork goes on any ideas Pliz and wateva help rendered I’ll be grateful
Personal experience: I have applied for my spouse for two visit visas during 4 years and they were rejected, and was advised not to apply anymore by a lawyer as this might put a visa ban on my spouse so I stopped trying.

arcanerk

May 6, 2017
Hi everyone,

I submitted my PR application last year around December 2021. I paid Application processing and biometric fee that time.

The fee has been increased now on website. It has increased for both Adult and Children.

I am worried if they make any objection on this. Should I pay more fee now ?

Can you please help ?

Thanks.

Unicornicaaa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Hi everyone,

I submitted my PR application last year around December 2021. I paid Application processing and biometric fee that time.

The fee has been increased now on website. It has increased for both Adult and Children.

Can you please help ?

Thanks.
You will be informed for any changes on your application by ircc.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hi everyone,

Can you please help ?

Thanks.
You’re not affected by the fee increase since you paid the correct fee on application. The fee increase can only affect applications starting from the effective date of the increase. You may only be required to pay the difference if your application is rejected and you’re submitting an entirely fresh application.

Reactions: sohaib1

usmm

Jan 7, 2022
Hi I have question I received my family prearrival letter star of may when you think they ask for medical how long it’s finished application because it’s connected to my file thanks