+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
Not yet but I felt since I am sending her documents this week, maybe it will be good to send wedding pics along so that I don't have to DHL them at a later date.
up to my knowledge they don't ask for wedding pictures when you add a spouse to your refugee pr application, however, they ask for pics and proof of conversations when you apply to sponsor a spouse. nevertheless, it is up to you since they didn't ask you for any proof as the marriage certificate should be enough.

zainghazi

Sep 4, 2019
London On
Hi All, my overseas dependents have done medical exams in Feb 2021 and the results have been received by ircc Ankara in the same month as well as the biometric.
We have not got any updates since Feb.
Is that normal? please advise.

- We received your application for permanent residence on June 28, 2019.
- We started processing your application on November 12, 2019.
- We sent you medical instructions on February 1, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
- Medical results have been received.
My Spouse got a Pre-arrival letter on June 19, 2021. then no updates since that, is that normal? and what Pre-arrival letter mean in the file processing? what is the next?
thanks.

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
up to my knowledge they don't ask for wedding pictures when you add a spouse to your refugee pr application, however, they ask for pics and proof of conversations when you apply to sponsor a spouse. nevertheless, it is up to you since they didn't ask you for any proof as the marriage certificate should be enough.
Ok. Thanks

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
I got another letter this morning. I have finally uploaded my Passport photo , updated address. Now it is under review. I hope they review it on time.

How long does it take to review it?

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
I got another letter this morning. I have finally uploaded my Passport photo , updated address. Now it is under review. I hope they review it on time.

How long does it take to review it?
I think you will get it this week as it looks they are finializing your application. You are getting letters so quickly. I submitted mine June 30 still in review ! I am sad ! :(o_O:confused:

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
I think you will get it this week as it looks they are finializing your application. You are getting letters so quickly. I submitted mine June 30 still in review ! I am sad ! :(o_O:confused:
Not to worry, you will get yours this week. I just read from a forum somebody said his was still under review meanwhile, he received his PR Card and his CIC account remained thesame that they are still processing.

Funny IRCC

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Not to worry, you will get yours this week. I just read from a forum somebody said his was still under review meanwhile, he received his PR Card and his CIC account remained thesame that they are still processing.

Funny IRCC
I hope so as I am out of patience and so is my family.

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016

Funny IRCC
@Mfoniso Urua I will mail you a gift if I got it this week, promise! If you got this week, you will have to send me one. Tit for tat! But you have to tell us the truth :)

Reactions: Mfoniso Urua

minaalrubaye

Star Member
Mar 11, 2018
This is what my MP was able to provide me with:

We can provide you with the following details for your constituent about the status of the application for Permanent Residence in Canada - Protected Persons and Convention Refugees for (Name):

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, on June 10, 2019.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the application is complete has been finalized on March 19, 2020.
  • The assessment to determine if the applicant meets the eligibility requirements is in process. The assessment is awaiting review.
    • The medical examination results have not been requested.
    • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
    • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
@Mfoniso Urua I will mail you a gift if I got it this week, promise! If you got this week, you will have to send me one. Tit for tat! But you have to tell us the truth :)

imadeddin , I hope you have bought my gift so that immediately you get it this week, you will go post it in the nearest post office because you will get it this week.

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
imadeddin , I hope you have bought my gift so that immediately you get it this week, you will go post it in the nearest post office because you will get it this week.
As I promised, If I got it this week, I swear you will get a gift. Let us just wait and see. You might lose and you get me one. :(:p:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Mfoniso Urua