+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Heyy,, ill try to answer based on my experience,
1:you are not the main applicant anymore/ principle applicant, its your spouse. So put him/her as an main applicant
2:i am afraid i dont have answer to this question…. :(
3: did they ask for the PCC? If yes you need to submit it (NEW PCC)if no, there is no need they will ask in the future.
4: your UCI was useful when your spouse didnt had one, but now when they have a UCI, put theirs not yours.
GG.
Categoty: Family - spouse

Supz777

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Waaaaoooo.... Thanks a million for this detailed information.
Please I was filling the forms yesterday but got confused.
1. Should I fill the generic form and put myself as the main applicant why my oversea spouse as my dependant or she will be the main applicant?

2. If i fill her as the main applicant, under which programme and category will she be applying?

3. Her Police certificate i sent to IRCC before in April have expired. Is she to do another or still send the expired one?

4. They also sent a biometrics request letter for her which contains UCI Number and Application number. Should I use that UCI number for her generic form or use My UCI number?

Please your response is highly needed so that I can finish filling her form.
1. Your oversea spouse is the main applicant this time around and your children will be her dependants that is if you have children
2. program is Family and category is Spouse
3. In my personal opinion i will do another one if i have the money and the chance or else just write an explanation letter that you have one with IRCC already and attached the photocopy of it to the explanation letter. Don't say anything about expired in the explanation letter ooo
4. Your spouse already has her own assigned UCI number so why do you want to use your own for her. She will use her own UCI number. Like i told you yesterday the only thing that you will use in linking your application to your spouse application in oversea processing in Accra Ghana is the eligibility letter IRCC sent to you, copy it and include it in your spouse application package.

This is what you will do, filled all the necessary forms validate and print then out i.e Generic application form, Schedule A background/security form, Family form. Then scan them in good resolution and email to your spouse she will print them out signed and date them. And include marriage certificate, data page of international passport, the eligibility letter from IRCC and other required documents then go to UPS or DHL and mail to the Canada High Commission in Accra, gave you the address yesterday.
Then she can now book an available biometric date and go and do her biometrics, wait for one month and start to use webform to disturb IRCC and before long they will request her to submit her international passport. But then nobody really knows it can be within 1 or 2 or 3 months to even 1 year but God will help us.

Reactions: Mfoniso Urua

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
i have a question
1. Your oversea spouse is the main applicant this time around and your children will be her dependants that is if you have children
3. In my personal opinion i will do another one if i have the money and the chance or else just write an explanation letter that you have one with IRCC already and attached the photocopy of it to the explanation letter. Don't say anything about expired in the explanation letter ooo
4. Your spouse already has her own assigned UCI number so why do you want to use your own for her. She will use her own UCI number. Like i told you yesterday the only thing that you will use in linking your application to your spouse application in oversea processing in Accra Ghana is the eligibility letter IRCC sent to you, copy it and include it in your spouse application package.

This is what you will do, filled all the necessary forms validate and print then out i.e Generic application form, Schedule A background/security form, Family form. Then scan them in good resolution and email to your spouse she will print them out signed and date them. And include marriage certificate, data page of international passport, the eligibility letter from IRCC and other required documents then go to UPS or DHL and mail to the Canada High Commission in Accra, gave you the address yesterday.
Then she can now book an available biometric date and go and do her biometrics, wait for one month and start to use webform to disturb IRCC and before long they will request her to submit her international passport. But then nobody really knows it can be within 1 or 2 or 3 months to even 1 year but God will help us.
any idea how it works if the spouse is in canada and not overseas?

Supz777

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
i have a question

any idea how it works if the spouse is in canada and not overseas?
Honestly I don't have an idea if the spouse is in Canada spouse. Infact I only know about protected person overseas spouse as it concern Accra, Ghana visa office and not any other overseas visa office because processing method and timelines are different from one visa office to another.

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Heyy,, ill try to answer based on my experience,
1:you are not the main applicant anymore/ principle applicant, its your spouse. So put him/her as an main applicant
2:i am afraid i dont have answer to this question…. :(
3: did they ask for the PCC? If yes you need to submit it (NEW PCC)if no, there is no need they will ask in the future.
4: your UCI was useful when your spouse didnt had one, but now when they have a UCI, put theirs not yours.
GG.
I am really grateful for your kindness and swift response. I will fill the forms now. I will still try to get answer to question number 2.

They just sent Invitation to Pre-arrival Services now.

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020

Thanks a million. This helps a lot. We booked her biometrics already because we received letter for it.

Just got an Invitation to Pre-Arrival Service Letter

Reactions: Tels

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Yes I got it about 1 hour ago. They work on Sunday. This is my second letter I am getting from them on Sunday. One of my friend got all his letters on Sunday too
They do not work on Sundays but everything in the system is sechduled to be sent at certain times and days. I once got a letter 3 am in the morning but that does not mean they were working at that time. Lol

Supz777

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Am not to sure if the Pre-service letter is for me or my dependent spouse because it carries my UCI no.
The pre-arrival letter is definately for you and not for your spouse it was sent from IRCC here in Canada to you it means all things being equal, you will get your Decision Made DM in a couple of weeks. But they may not release the DM until they received your dependant application in Accra. So you need to take action fast, you are already at the last stage of your application. I know this because i just collected my PR Card from the post office box last week.

• Love

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
The pre-arrival letter is definately for you and not for your spouse it was sent from IRCC here in Canada to you it means all things being equal, you will get your Decision Made DM in a couple of weeks. But they may not release the DM until they received your dependant application in Accra. So you need to take action fast, you are already at the last stage of your application. I know this because i just collected my PR Card from the post office box last week.
Congratulations. This is so reassuring. The documents will be sent this week.