+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Good morning guys, I just got my eligibility passed this morning. But what is confusing is that they said i am responsible for sending my oversea dependents application to Accra within the next 90 days. I have always heard that they forward the spouse documents to the visa office oversea. I have already sent my spouse documents which includes The forms, marriage cert, Birth cert, Police report and Passport to IRCC. Is it normal for me to send to Accra visa office which is responsible for her processing? Please i need response

nsy1980

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Good morning guys, I just got my eligibility passed this morning. But what is confusing is that they said i am responsible for sending my oversea dependents application to Accra within the next 90 days. I have always heard that they forward the spouse documents to the visa office oversea. I have already sent my spouse documents which includes The forms, marriage cert, Birth cert, Police report and Passport to IRCC. Is it normal for me to send to Accra visa office which is responsible for her processing? Please i need response
That happened to us too…spouse passed that and we got that soon you will soon get pre arrival too….i also thought they forward them but looks like some forms are a must to be filled by overseas

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
That happened to us too…spouse passed that and we got that soon you will soon get pre arrival too….i also thought they forward them but looks like some forms are a must to be filled by overseas
Please did your add-on spouse fill a totally new form? When filling her generic, was it filled as if she is the main applicant or dependant?

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
You need to send the forms to the responsible office yourself.

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Ok thanks. But just wondering if I should forward the documents I sent to them before of fill a new one with her being the main applicant

nsy1980

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Ok thanks. But just wondering if I should forward the documents I sent to them before of fill a new one with her being the main applicant
Your overseas 18+ need to fill the forms and sign them also verify them as she/he finishes before printing them out and sending them to responsible office.

Supz777

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Forget what you heard and just do what they said you should do. Look at the letter IRCC sent to you, and you will see that they asked all your dependant above 18 years to fill and sign
1. Generic Application form IMM 0008
2. Schedule A background/ declaration form
3. Additional family information form
and also Police Character Certificate
Marriage certificate if spouse and birth certificate if children
then a copy of data page of dependant international passport
And importantly must include a copy of the eligibility letter IRCC sent to you.
Let your dependant whatever country they are mail everything i just mentioned through DHL or UPS courier to

High Commission of Canada
Migration Section
42 Independence Avenue
Arko Adjei Interchange
Accra, Ghana.
Track the package until it get to the embassy and signed delivered, wait for 2 weeks then raise a webform to inquire from IRCC if they received your dependants application and they will reply you that they have and they will contact you if they need any additional information. I have passed through this road before that is why I am sharing this information.

Luckyppl

Star Member
Apr 3, 2021
Your timeline please ?

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Guys , just to share with you guys that my overseas family documents received by VO Singapore on 1st week January 2021 on 02 July 2021 I received Medical request and Nikah nama ( contract details of
Marriage) we have sent documents and done medical on 7th July . Hopping good news to ask for passport and family come here in toronto rest in the hands of immigration officer may take one month or 1 year !!! I have no idea …

Amourcanada

Star Member
Mar 25, 2021
Bonsoir à tous. S'il vous plaît, j'ai besoin d'aide. J'essaie de me connecter sur mon compte clegc. C'est marqué demande mis à jour. Pourtant depuis que j'avais créé mon compte c'était marqué soumis. J'essaie de me connecter sans succès. Quelqu'un a déjà vécu la même expérience ?

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Forget what you heard and just do what they said you should do. Look at the letter IRCC sent to you, and you will see that they asked all your dependant above 18 years to fill and sign
1. Generic Application form IMM 0008
2. Schedule A background/ declaration form
3. Additional family information form
and also Police Character Certificate
Marriage certificate if spouse and birth certificate if children
then a copy of data page of dependant international passport
And importantly must include a copy of the eligibility letter IRCC sent to you.
Let your dependant whatever country they are mail everything i just mentioned through DHL or UPS courier to

High Commission of Canada
Migration Section
42 Independence Avenue
Arko Adjei Interchange
Accra, Ghana.
Track the package until it get to the embassy and signed delivered, wait for 2 weeks then raise a webform to inquire from IRCC if they received your dependants application and they will reply you that they have and they will contact you if they need any additional information. I have passed through this road before that is why I am sharing this information.
Waaaaoooo.... Thanks a million for this detailed information.
Please I was filling the forms yesterday but got confused.
1. Should I fill the generic form and put myself as the main applicant why my oversea spouse as my dependant or she will be the main applicant?

2. If i fill her as the main applicant, under which programme and category will she be applying?

3. Her Police certificate i sent to IRCC before in April have expired. Is she to do another or still send the expired one?

4. They also sent a biometrics request letter for her which contains UCI Number and Application number. Should I use that UCI number for her generic form or use My UCI number?

Please your response is highly needed so that I can finish filling her form.

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
Any updates on your spouse’s application? @KatbiyaNazi
How long does it take to get medical request after ADR and Biometric? And after medical how long does it take to ask for passport for visa stamping? @Ex ツ
Thanks,
Bro as i have observed throughout this forum, the majority of the members including katibya, got their medical after a month of submitting the ADR, so its been almost a month since i submitted the adr, but nothing yet, so im optimistic to receive it before EID.
and the second question is im not sure when they will issue PPR after medical, because they might ask for updated PCC, or forms, its a matter of time…!!

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
Waaaaoooo.... Thanks a million for this detailed information.
Please I was filling the forms yesterday but got confused.
1. Should I fill the generic form and put myself as the main applicant why my oversea spouse as my dependant or she will be the main applicant?

2. If i fill her as the main applicant, under which programme and category will she be applying?

3. Her Police certificate i sent to IRCC before in April have expired. Is she to do another or still send the expired one?

4. They also sent a biometrics request letter for her which contains UCI Number and Application number. Should I use that UCI number for her generic form or use My UCI number?

Please your response is highly needed so that I can finish filling her form.
Heyy,, ill try to answer based on my experience,
1:you are not the main applicant anymore/ principle applicant, its your spouse. So put him/her as an main applicant
2:i am afraid i dont have answer to this question…. :(
3: did they ask for the PCC? If yes you need to submit it (NEW PCC)if no, there is no need they will ask in the future.
4: your UCI was useful when your spouse didnt had one, but now when they have a UCI, put theirs not yours.
GG.

Reactions: Mfoniso Urua