+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Over 5 Months since Medical Request - March Applicant

maker87

Sep 4, 2012
Hey guys,

I got the medical request on September 13, 2012 and CPP-O received the meds October 5. ECAS got updated to Medicals Received around October 20 and I have heard nothing since then. I emailed them beginning of January and they said they are waiting for results of the mandatory background enquiry. Sent a second email beginning of February and no response yet.

This is really worrying and stressful. Please advise what I can do to check what's happening - are there any options? Is anyone going through something similar. I'm a March 2012 applicant. How much longer do you think this can take?

Thanks.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check these links.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
maker87 said:
This is really worrying and stressful. Please advise what I can do to check what's happening - are there any options? Is anyone going through something similar. I'm a March 2012 applicant. How much longer do you think this can take?
EVERYONE goes through this. Take a deep breath and try to relax, there is nothing you can do but wait. You already know that the posted "processing time" is 13 months, it should not be a surprise that you are still waiting. The more you email CPP-O, the less time they have to process applications.

Also understand -
1. There is nothing magical about the date of the medical request, in relation to processing times.
2. Everyone's background is different. In general, older people have more experience to check than younger people. Larger family size means more people to check. Your country of citizenship, countries you have lived in, all affect processing times.

You can see other people's experiences on Trackitt-
http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/canadian-experience-class

Otherwise, you can order your GCMS notes (see the links posted by yahoo7). But I suggest you find another source of patience, and try to leave CPP-O alone :)

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maker87 said:
Hey guys,

I got the medical request on September 13, 2012 and CPP-O received the meds October 5. ECAS got updated to Medicals Received around October 20 and I have heard nothing since then. I emailed them beginning of January and they said they are waiting for results of the mandatory background enquiry. Sent a second email beginning of February and no response yet.

Thanks.
Have you e-mailed them to enquire about the application status? Instead of needlessly worrying?

pakistancan

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
The waiting business kills ,I totally understand your worry but we all can not do anything to push them to speed up things. In my case its been only two months since I did the medical and I am going crazy already !