+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outside Interview

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
So they gave you a different online link to take the test?
Just to let you know, taking a test from outside of Canada does not AUTOMATICALLY trigger an interview as I took mine from the UK and did not get an interview. However I'm assuming that as things get back to normality more and more interviews will start to take place....I watched in another thread somebody getting their Oath ceremony in person which I didn't think had started back up yet but it obviously has in some provinces and areas.

nimar_023

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Just to let you know, taking a test from outside of Canada does not AUTOMATICALLY trigger an interview as I took mine from the UK and did not get an interview. However I'm assuming that as things get back to normality more and more interviews will start to take place....I watched in another thread somebody getting their Oath ceremony in person which I didn't think had started back up yet but it obviously has in some provinces and areas.
Thank you, really appreciate your feedback! Did they ask you when you are returning to Canada?

kingfaisal

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Hey Folks,

I am in a similar (Outside Canada) situation, applied online in March 2022, AOR in April 2022, got my BG Completed on October 25, 2022 and received test invitation on October 27, 2022 (Window: Oct 31 - Nov 21, 2022).

I passed my test from Outside Canada on November 1, 2022 and until now my online tracker is still showing test in progress / 'waiting on you'.

What do you think would happen in our situation? Any idea?

I am so stressed not knowing what will happen next. Some people here in this forum mentioned that my file will be put on hold until I return back. Please advise what should I do next.

Appreciate your feedback on this.

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
Hey Folks,

I am in a similar (Outside Canada) situation, applied online in March 2022, AOR in April 2022, got my BG Completed on October 25, 2022 and received test invitation on October 27, 2022 (Window: Oct 31 - Nov 21, 2022).

I passed my test from Outside Canada on November 1, 2022 and until now my online tracker is still showing test in progress / 'waiting on you'.

What do you think would happen in our situation? Any idea?

I am so stressed not knowing what will happen next. Some people here in this forum mentioned that my file will be put on hold until I return back. Please advise what should I do next.

Appreciate your feedback on this.
It takes time to update the test results on the tracker as an IRCC officer has to validate the results, give it 2-3 weeks at least

Reactions: kingfaisal

lila777

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
It's actually for my sister. She is outside of Canada. Did you do the interview online? Were they okay doing the interview from overseas?
How is your sister's application going? Did she do the interview from outside Canada?
I'm wondering whether I should spend $800 to fly to Canada or not for virtual interview.

somak2001

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Hi @nimar_023 @kingfaisal @Dreamlad . I am in a similar situation as you guys, so need your guidance.

Me & my wife completed our 1095 days (infact 1150+days) & then we applied for citizenship in Feb 2022. She left Canada, however, due to some personal reason. I am still in Canada and working here.

In Oct 2022, she gave the test from outside Canada (properly informed IRCC about it). And I gave the test from Canada.

In Jan 2023, everything in tracker turned green for me. But for her, there is still green for only BG Check and citizenship test.

Now, both of us got a request for interview. She is still outside Canada and I am in Canada. She has no plans of coming back till her oath is scheduled.

1. How should we go about this situation in the interview?

2. What is RQ or RQ lite?

somak2001

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Hi @nimar_023 @kingfaisal @Dreamlad . I am in a similar situation as you guys, so need your guidance.

Me & my wife completed our 1095 days (infact 1150+days) & then we applied for citizenship in Feb 2022. She left Canada, however, due to some personal reason. I am still in Canada and working here.

In Oct 2022, she gave the test from outside Canada (properly informed IRCC about it). And I gave the test from Canada.

In Jan 2023, everything in tracker turned green for me. But for her, there is still green for only BG Check and citizenship test.

Now, both of us got a request for interview. She is still outside Canada and I am in Canada. She has no plans of coming back till her oath is scheduled.

1. How should we go about this situation in the interview?

2. What is RQ or RQ lite?
Bumping this post so that experts can respond. Thanks!

Reactions: lila777