+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outside Canada - Oath of Citizenship

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
How long did it take them to reschedule her? I told them I will be outside of Canada until the end of May, and had sent many urgent requests, now I am wondering if I might not end up finding myself waiting for forever... they said they are sending my request for review..
They won't schedule you at the time you return, namely, end of May. After you enter Canada and provide a proof, it may take 3 months or more to reschedule you.

baguettemoi

Dec 1, 2021
They won't schedule you at the time you return, namely, end of May. After you enter Canada and provide a proof, it may take 3 months or more to reschedule you.
It doesn't matter. I submitted the return ticket and the urgent request documents they requested, so hopefully they accept it.

baguettemoi

Dec 1, 2021
I had separate cases, an urgent request I had sent way before, and the fact that I was scheduled for my Oath when I was already outside of the country. They sent me an email a few hours ago and requested my return ticket in order to process the rescheduling of my Oath. Either ways, they have to "process" the request. I'm a little anxious...I could have been Canadian by now :confused::(

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I had separate cases, an urgent request I had sent way before, and the fact that I was scheduled for my Oath when I was already outside of the country. They sent me an email a few hours ago and requested my return ticket in order to process the rescheduling of my Ottawa. Either ways, they have to "process" the request. I'm a little anxious...I could have been Canadian by now :confused::(
It's followed across the board, that if they scheduled you for the oath and you were outside Canada, they would request the return ticket to reschedule you. That's why taking the oath the 1st time is a better choice for those who are outside Canada and no immediate plans to return and stay long enough to be rescheduled

baguettemoi

Dec 1, 2021
It's followed across the board, that if they scheduled you for the oath and you were outside Canada, they would request the return ticket to reschedule you. That's why taking the oath the 1st time is a better choice for those who are outside Canada and no immediate plans to return and stay long enough to be rescheduled
It's very unfortunate. Hopefully my other reasons for requesting an urgent processing along with the documentation I sent will help.:(

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
There you go if anyone interested can apply to take oath outside but yes it will take time and they approve it because my friend’s wife was approved. But yes it take some time though.
I was diagnosed with a medical condition. Not surgery-like condition but still requires in-hospital treatment. Will they approve it if I provide them with the diagnosis?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
I was diagnosed with a medical condition. Not surgery-like condition but still requires in-hospital treatment. Will they approve it if I provide them with the diagnosis?
There's no harm in trying. What is the worst that can happen? They can decline your request for urgent processing. Then perhaps you could move to the next step of sharing this with media. Given that Covid has impacted the health care system as well, your treatment cannot be delayed hence you are choosing to go abroad for treatment. Surely IRCC could do without this negative story in media.

Reactions: Dreamlad

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017

Svet81

Aug 15, 2014
I'm scheduled for an online oath in the end of the month and I requested to do it from abroad. I received an automated message to my email that my status will be updated with IRCC's decision in 3 working days. I'll let you know whatever the update is... I haven't stated any health or other reasons for being unable to travel to Canada. I'll be just relieved to receive a closure from this tedious, terrible wait (since Jan 2020)

Reactions: RoseDB and Dreamlad

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I'm scheduled for an online oath in the end of the month and I requested to do it from abroad. I received an automated message to my email that my status will be updated with IRCC's decision in 3 working days. I'll let you know whatever the update is... I haven't stated any health or other reasons for being unable to travel to Canada. I'll be just relieved to receive a closure from this tedious, terrible wait (since Jan 2020)
Which country are you from? Does it allow dual-citizenship?

Svet81

Aug 15, 2014
Which country are you from? Does it allow dual-citizenship?
Yes, I'm residing in and a citizen of Bulgaria. Double citizenship is allowed here. I'm an EU citizen therefore Canadian passport isn't a priority for me. I'm just bothered by the low quality of services CIC provides and I hope they'll make their decision soon and not make me wait AGAIN :)

Last edited:

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Yes, I'm residing in and a citizen of Bulgaria. Double citizenship is allowed here. I'm an EU citizen therefore Canadian passport isn't a priority for me. I'm just bothered by the low quality of services CIC provides and I hope they'll make their decision soon and not make me wait AGAIN :)
1. Did you have interview?
2. If yes, did they send you an email beforehand? Or they just called you directly without sending you an email?