FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
She took oath in december and still waiting for her certificate but they told her it would take longer time and she was going ok with it
So she just told them she wants to live abroad for a while and they approved it? Doesn't sound a special reason...

Reactions: snoopyta

DIbraheem

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
I was very surprised to hear this news which I will share now, the wife of my friend went back to her country and her oath was scheduled while she was there so they contacted IRCC and told them that she was not in Canada and asked them to allow her to take Oath from that country. IRCC then contacted her and allowed her to take oath from that Country and she had her oath in the beginning of December so IT is possible to take Oath outside Canada. and Her application was in the Scarborough IRCC office. I thought it was not possible but I know them very well and they are my friend so it happened for real.
I am a "condemned like others " 2019 Citizenship applicant and still waiting for my Oath in Canada....
Thank you so much for sharing this with us! Do you know if she has special case or situation that made them allow outside Canada oath? What did they do?

Reactions: Saggitarius

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Anyone else done oath outside Canada?

SKOKOV

Nov 2, 2015
OATH OUTSIDE OF CANADA. ANSWER TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS:

Thank you for your enquiry about taking the oath of citizenship by video oath ceremony from outside of Canada.

Please note, you will not be able to attend your scheduled ceremony from outside Canada and will be rescheduled once a decision has been made.

These requests are being considered as exceptional cases, and in the event that your request is approved, it is important for you to know that:

o You will be asked to destroy your Permanent Resident Card during the ceremony.

o It may take up to 6 months for you to receive your certificate after the ceremony as your certificate will be sent to the Canadian Mission closest to you. (excludes clients in the USA)

o Before applying for your Canadian passport, you will need to wait to receive your citizenship certificate.

o For Canadian citizens, including dual Canadian citizens, you must present an acceptable travel document that shows that you are a Canadian to enter Canada. This means you need a valid Canadian passport (or a Canadian travel document issued in urgent situations) to allow airline check-in staff and border officials to confirm that you are Canadian.

o Depending on the laws and regulations of your current country of citizenship or the country where you are presently living, there may be some complexities should you become a dual national abroad (i.e. access to Canadian consular services, travel requirements, etc.). Note that you may not have proof of Canadian citizenship for 6 months. Recommend that you confirm whether any complexities exist before considering to take the oath outside of Canada.

Should you still wish to pursue this request, please provide, in writing to the e-mail address from where the notice to appear was sent, your present circumstances and reasons for your request to take the oath from outside of Canada for consideration by the Registrar of Canadian Citizenship. Please include supporting documentation.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
OATH OUTSIDE OF CANADA. ANSWER TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS:

Thank you for your enquiry about taking the oath of citizenship by video oath ceremony from outside of Canada.

Please note, you will not be able to attend your scheduled ceremony from outside Canada and will be rescheduled once a decision has been made.

These requests are being considered as exceptional cases, and in the event that your request is approved, it is important for you to know that:

o You will be asked to destroy your Permanent Resident Card during the ceremony.

o It may take up to 6 months for you to receive your certificate after the ceremony as your certificate will be sent to the Canadian Mission closest to you. (excludes clients in the USA)

o Before applying for your Canadian passport, you will need to wait to receive your citizenship certificate.

o For Canadian citizens, including dual Canadian citizens, you must present an acceptable travel document that shows that you are a Canadian to enter Canada. This means you need a valid Canadian passport (or a Canadian travel document issued in urgent situations) to allow airline check-in staff and border officials to confirm that you are Canadian.

o Depending on the laws and regulations of your current country of citizenship or the country where you are presently living, there may be some complexities should you become a dual national abroad (i.e. access to Canadian consular services, travel requirements, etc.). Note that you may not have proof of Canadian citizenship for 6 months. Recommend that you confirm whether any complexities exist before considering to take the oath outside of Canada.

Should you still wish to pursue this request, please provide, in writing to the e-mail address from where the notice to appear was sent, your present circumstances and reasons for your request to take the oath from outside of Canada for consideration by the Registrar of Canadian Citizenship. Please include supporting documentation.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
It doesn't hurt to pursue this option so I think just go ahead to see if they approve it or not. For myself, currently I'm having two medical conditions so I'll send them my diagnosis. Chinese government also requires you to cancel your Chinese citizenship before exit which I'll do.

Reactions: ghonghadze

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
There you go if anyone interested can apply to take oath outside but yes it will take time and they approve it because my friend’s wife was approved. But yes it take some time though.

Reactions: Svet81 and Dreamlad

baguettemoi

Dec 1, 2021
There you go if anyone interested can apply to take oath outside but yes it will take time and they approve it because my friend’s wife was approved. But yes it take some time though.
How long did it take them to reschedule her? I told them I will be outside of Canada until the end of May, and had sent many urgent requests, now I am wondering if I might not end up finding myself waiting for forever... they said they are sending my request for review..

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
How long did it take them to reschedule her? I told them I will be outside of Canada until the end of May, and had sent many urgent requests, now I am wondering if I might not end up finding myself waiting for forever... they said they are sending my request for review..
What request? For taking oath outside?