+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outside Canada - Oath of Citizenship

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
No , I think you can let a lawyer or a doctor if you issue your Canadian passport from outside Canada , it is not mandatory to let a Canadian citizen to be the guarantor on this case
DODGE1981 is correct, if you apply for your Canadian passport outside of Canada...your guarantor can be a Doctor, Judge, Police Officer and there are roughly 10 more professions on the list who can be your guarantor....your guarantor can also be your relative.
I know because I applied for my passport from the UK

lechunayar

Mar 29, 2019
Hello
My 12 year old daughter and I applied for canadian citizenship and our oath is scheduled for October 27 2022. But we live in US.
I am planning to go to Canada for taking oath instead of postponing. Should my girl also be present in canada on that day?
Also Can I leave Canada next day before getting citizenship certificate?
Thanks in advance

quebec2013

Aug 27, 2013
Hi all,

I applied as a family application with my wife and a minor yesterday tracker was updated for the oath on 24 Sept, but my wife and minor are outside Canada and will be back on the first week of October.

I am inside Canada is it possible for me can take the Oath on September 24, 2022, alone without family?

Wife and minor can take Oath on their return? or the whole family should take the Oath in one shot/ same day?

Does anyone know how to get the different dates for the oath?

Thanks,

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Hello
My 12 year old daughter and I applied for canadian citizenship and our oath is scheduled for October 27 2022. But we live in US.
I am planning to go to Canada for taking oath instead of postponing. Should my girl also be present in canada on that day?
Thanks in advance
I believe if under 12 they don't have to be present but other experts here will be more knowledgeable....as for leaving....yes in theory and get your cert mailed to you in the US

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Hi all,

I applied as a family application with my wife and a minor yesterday tracker was updated for the oath on 24 Sept, but my wife and minor are outside Canada and will be back on the first week of October.

I am inside Canada is it possible for me can take the Oath on September 24, 2022, alone without family?

Wife and minor can take Oath on their return? or the whole family should take the Oath in one shot/ same day?

Does anyone know how to get the different dates for the oath?

Thanks,
Have you emailed IRCC and explained the situation?

ryalla

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Hello
Thanks in advance
under 14 kids are not required to be present for the oath, but their ID proofs must be shown ( PR card and Passport) and their PR card must be cut along with yours during the oath.

quebec2013

Aug 27, 2013
Have you emailed IRCC and explained the situation?
No email yet planning what to write them.

Should I write them only for my Oath or my wife should email them for her Oath?
I submitted the minor application on my behalf now minor is with my wife and outside.
They send the minor Oath invitation to me as well.

lechunayar

Mar 29, 2019
under 14 kids are not required to be present for the oath, but their ID proofs must be shown ( PR card and Passport) and their PR card must be cut along with yours during the oath.
Thank you so much for your replay. I have one more question. Should we present in a particular area for oath ? or anywhere in Canada?

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
Thanks in advance
Children under 14 years of age are not required to take oath. You can leave Canada as soon as you take the oath and have your certificate mailed to the US address. IRCC can accommodate this.

lechunayar

Mar 29, 2019
Children under 14 years of age are not required to take oath. You can leave Canada as soon as you take the oath and have your certificate mailed to the US address. IRCC can accommodate this.
Thank you so much for the informtion.

Linear M

Mar 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Are we able to confirm if ircc can allow , or take exception to taking oath inside Canada . I have taken a chance and emailed them to take oath outside Canada. Anyone else who tried their luck

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Are we able to confirm if ircc can allow , or take exception to taking oath inside Canada . I have taken a chance and emailed them to take oath outside Canada. Anyone else who tried their luck
Keep us posted.

Reactions: Linear M

xt86

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Hello
Thanks in advance
Hi,
I'm in a similar situation - I applied for Canadian citizenship for myself and my two chidren who are under 14 years old, and I received the invites to take the oath on Oct 4th. I live in Canada, but the children are abroad and were not planning to return to Canada anytime soon, so I was wondering if only I can attend the oath ceremony in Canada, while the children will remain abroad and won't attend the oath ceremony. After I get the citizenship certificates, I will apply for passport for myself (here in Canada). For the children, I guess I can apply for their passports either here (not sure if that's possible without them being here), or their mother can apply for them abroad in the Canadian embassy. I understand this can take time and they won't be able to return to Canada until they get the passports, but I'm ok with that. Also I guess that in an emergency there are several ways to travel to Canada even without a passport - temporary passport, emergency authorization, or entry at the land border with the citizenship certificates.

Can you please let me know if this there is anything wrong with my understanding.

lechunayar

Mar 29, 2019
Hi,
I'm in a similar situation - I applied for Canadian citizenship for myself and my two chidren who are under 14 years old, and I received the invites to take the oath on Oct 4th. I live in Canada, but the children are abroad and were not planning to return to Canada anytime soon, so I was wondering if only I can attend the oath ceremony in Canada, while the children will remain abroad and won't attend the oath ceremony. After I get the citizenship certificates, I will apply for passport for myself (here in Canada). For the children, I guess I can apply for their passports either here (not sure if that's possible without them being here), or their mother can apply for them abroad in the Canadian embassy. I understand this can take time and they won't be able to return to Canada until they get the passports, but I'm ok with that. Also I guess that in an emergency there are several ways to travel to Canada even without a passport - temporary passport, emergency authorization, or entry at the land border with the citizenship certificates.

Can you please let me know if this there is anything wrong with my understanding.
According to my understanding, you are right. But you need to have your kids PR card with you while taking oath as we need to rip it off during ceremony.