+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OUTLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP - WIFE INVITED FOR INTERVIEW:

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Hello,
I need your advice asap.
Just this morning my wife (outside Canada) received an email from Canadian Immigration requiring her to attend an interview in Accra Ghana in two weeks time. According to the email; The purpose of the interview will be to determine her eligibility for admission to Canada.
From the email, she is required to bring the following original documents while coming.
a. Our original Marriage certificate.
b. Photos of your marriage if you are being sponsored by your spouse.
c. Proof of communication (i.e. Photos, letters, emails, phone bills.
d. Any other documentation you may have in respect to your relationship.
e. Historical identification such as school documents, birth certificates
Infact, she submitted all the above itemized required documents along side with her application in May 2018.
QUESTIONS:
1. What is the interview like? What questions will they likely ask her?
2. On proof of communication, most of our communication is on whats app chat and phone calls. So should we just print our chats on whats app only? As we do not really communicate via emails and letters.
3. Service providers do not issue phone bills in her country of residence. So what is the alternative to phone bills?
4. Are there other important documents not mentioned above we could add to proof our relationship?
5. Could it be that the reason they invited her for interview was because I was in Nigeria on vacation to be with her for more than two weeks? I just came back on the first of February 2019. Which is 5 days ago.
Please kindly advise us on what to do, or what to answer at the interview.
I am really worried.
=== Nigerians and Ghanians who were invited for interview in the past, please kindly share your experience with us if you don't mind ===.
Thanks for helping.
Regards
Wisdom7

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-interview-questions.157678/

They ask for an interview because they are ont sure that the relationship is genuine. Bring everything that is relevant and that can show that its a genuine relationship.
If you went to visit her thats a good thing. Bring flight tickets, hotel and other expenses receipts. Anyway thats not the reason for the interview.
Whats to answer in the interview? Only the truth. If you lie and they will notice (and they probably WILL), you will be refused.

Good luck

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Maybe you can send her the phone Bill's you have from here. Since you have copies. Most of that is available online from the phone company, she can print and take that with her .

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Hello, thanks for the advice. I really appreciate.
Just wondering if any one out there knows how long it will take to get the outcome of the said interview after an applicant has been interviewed?
I will also like to hear from Ghana applicants who have gone through this interview and it went.
Thanks,
Wisdom7

Jemmy

Oct 14, 2017
Hello, thanks for the advice. I really appreciate.
Just wondering if any one out there knows how long it will take to get the outcome of the said interview after an applicant has been interviewed?
I will also like to hear from Ghana applicants who have gone through this interview and it went.
Thanks,
Wisdom7
It all depends, my husband got pre-arrival the next day after his interview. What was the outcome of the interview if i may ask and when was the interview?

Jemmy

Oct 14, 2017
Hello,
I need your advice asap.
Just this morning my wife (outside Canada) received an email from Canadian Immigration requiring her to attend an interview in Accra Ghana in two weeks time. According to the email; The purpose of the interview will be to determine her eligibility for admission to Canada.
From the email, she is required to bring the following original documents while coming.
a. Our original Marriage certificate.
b. Photos of your marriage if you are being sponsored by your spouse.
c. Proof of communication (i.e. Photos, letters, emails, phone bills.
d. Any other documentation you may have in respect to your relationship.
e. Historical identification such as school documents, birth certificates
Infact, she submitted all the above itemized required documents along side with her application in May 2018.
QUESTIONS:
1. What is the interview like? What questions will they likely ask her?
2. On proof of communication, most of our communication is on whats app chat and phone calls. So should we just print our chats on whats app only? As we do not really communicate via emails and letters.
3. Service providers do not issue phone bills in her country of residence. So what is the alternative to phone bills?
4. Are there other important documents not mentioned above we could add to proof our relationship?
5. Could it be that the reason they invited her for interview was because I was in Nigeria on vacation to be with her for more than two weeks? I just came back on the first of February 2019. Which is 5 days ago.
Please kindly advise us on what to do, or what to answer at the interview.
I am really worried.
=== Nigerians and Ghanians who were invited for interview in the past, please kindly share your experience with us if you don't mind ===.
Thanks for helping.
Regards
Wisdom7
She can go with your wedding album if you have any, screenshots of WhatsApp chat and Facebook to show that your marriage is genuine. Money sent, pictures of you both when you went to Nigeria. My husband and i was so nervous when we received the email as well. Let her go through your relationship evaluation. Your current address, names of your friends, name of your current employer and previous ones if you have any. Let her be calm and comfortable answering her questions. I wish you success. Cheers

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Good day Jemmy,
Thanks for sharing.
What do you mean by Pre-Arrival? Do you mean your husband got the visa the next day? Did your husband apply via Ghana?
My wife's interview is next week.
Thanks for sharing

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
If possible, review the application you sent in originally, including all the proofs of genuine relationship. They will look for inconsistencies, so make sure she doesn't get flustered and make a mistake. It might be a good idea to review with her some key facts, such as milestones in the relationship (when you met, how and when you became a couple, how and when you became engaged, what the marriage ceremony was like, who was present, etc.) and things about your family - they may ask her questions to make sure she knows about her in-laws; such as the names of your family members, where they live or what they do, etc.

I haven't been through an interview myself, but from reading so many posts here, it seems to leave a bad impression on the immigration officer if the applicant (your wife) doesn't know a lot about your family, or if she doesn't seem sure, or makes mistakes, about things related to you, or to the relationship. If she genuinely doesn't know the answer to a question, it would be best to be honest about it, rather than be vague. They can tell if she's trying to hide something.

Reactions: wisdom7

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
She can go with your wedding album if you have any, screenshots of WhatsApp chat and Facebook to show that your marriage is genuine. Money sent, pictures of you both when you went to Nigeria. My husband and i was so nervous when we received the email as well. Let her go through your relationship evaluation. Your current address, names of your friends, name of your current employer and previous ones if you have any. Let her be calm and comfortable answering her questions. I wish you success. Cheers
Awesome. Thanks for sharing. Your husband got his visa same day? He went to Ghana for his interview too?

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
If possible, review the application you sent in originally, including all the proofs of genuine relationship. They will look for inconsistencies, so make sure she doesn't get flustered and make a mistake. It might be a good idea to review with her some key facts, such as milestones in the relationship (when you met, how and when you became a couple, how and when you became engaged, what the marriage ceremony was like, who was present, etc.) and things about your family - they may ask her questions to make sure she knows about her in-laws; such as the names of your family members, where they live or what they do, etc.

I haven't been through an interview myself, but from reading so many posts here, it seems to leave a bad impression on the immigration officer if the applicant (your wife) doesn't know a lot about your family, or if she doesn't seem sure, or makes mistakes, about things related to you, or to the relationship. If she genuinely doesn't know the answer to a question, it would be best to be honest about it, rather than be vague. They can tell if she's trying to hide something.
Thanks for sharing

Jemmy

Oct 14, 2017
Good day Jemmy,
Thanks for sharing.
What do you mean by Pre-Arrival? Do you mean your husband got the visa the next day? Did your husband apply via Ghana?
My wife's interview is next week.
Thanks for sharing
Yes from ghana and pre arrival means eligibility is passed marriage is genuine

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
Yes from ghana and pre arrival means eligibility is passed marriage is genuine
Not always. Few people here had an interview, got the pre arrival letter and then got refused. Wait for the DM.
BTW the IRCC should be more sensitive and not get peoples hope up.. but its a complicated system

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Hello Noel1972,
Everything went successfully. She got the visa same day. Then flew back to Nigeria next day.
My wife has never been to Ghana before nor traveled out of Nigeria before. I was lucky to connect with a Ghanian friend who is a senior adviser to the current president of Ghana. Just to help accomodate my wife. He quickly sent his driver to wait for her at the Airport. Picked her to their family house. A "presidential driver" was assigned to my wife from the very first day she arrived Ghana till she came back. And I didn't pay a dime. All free. It was a divine favor from God. Ghanians are very nice people.
To begin with, I took time to review the application with my wife in detail.
She went with wedding album, birth certificates, printed copies of our Whats App chats,
School certificates, I sent her a copy of my birth certificate as well. Copies of all my flight tickets to Nigeria since the relationship started, proof of genuine relationship etc. Don't forget the date you first met and where. Date of your wedding and address?
We did as Kayaker advised above. You can't believe that the immigration officer had taken time to read all our Whats app chats before she arrived. She asked her few questions from the chats. So make sure you read through your chats and delete lines that may put you in trouble where necessary. They will definitely read your chat messages with your wife/husband. All documents I sent from here were notarized by a lawyer.
Please include as many documents as you can. Go through your document checklist to know what to include.
Make sure you are not nervous. Relax and be cheerful during the interview. Hoping to hear your good news of success.
Finally, my wife arrived Canada since March 2019. I will like to use this opportunity to thank all that responded to our questions in this forum. Guilding us step by step on how to navigate through this journey. May God whom will serve with a pure heart bless, protect and keep you all strong and healthy. Thanks a million times to you all and the God almighty who made it happened effortlessly.
Shallom!