+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Spousal Sponsorship + Visitor visa

Dec 3, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have doubt related to visa.
I'm getting married in the following month (February) so I have resigned from my job. I have masters degree and previous 2.5 years work experience. My in-laws and fiance are Canadian citizens. Previously I have applied for visitor visa on general grounds but due to 2 reasons it has been rejected.The ticket has been booked for February 27.

So now the plan is to apply for out-land spouse sponsorship (my husband is going to sponsor) and then apply for visitor visa providing all the sponsorship proofs and marriage certificate. So my query points are

1. Can I create the ID in CIC website prior to my marriage to fill up the forms and upload it instead of doing after marriage in a rush????

2. Do I need to show any commitment that I'll be back in India before visa expires (if visitor visa) and if so what do commitment I need to show as I have masters degree and have already left my job.\

3. While out-land sponsorship is under process can I apply for visitor visa stating that my husband resides there and I need to visit??? Will this be approved by the immigration officer???

Kindly help me out in this regards.

Thank you

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
High chance the visitors Visa will be denied, throughout the outland process, because u already show your intentions to live in Canada permanently with your pr application, But u can still try.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
1. Can I create the ID in CIC website prior to my marriage to fill up the forms and upload it instead of doing after marriage in a rush????
The outland application spousal sponsorship is submitted in paper form, although you can download all of the forms in advance and begin filling them out electronically. I.e. download all the forms, start filling them out, saving as you go, collect all your information and supporting documents in parallel. The final step is to finalize all the documents, print and sign. (And double-check using the checklist that you have done and included everything needed, including signing)

Note your husband will also need to sign some of them so you want to have those forms ready for when you are physically together (or you'll end up having to send forms to him to be signed).

Also, some of the forms require electronic 'validation' before printing in final form - this is done in Acrobat Reader, it does some checking that information is entered in key fields (but don't rely on those checks, check it yourself). But it also generates bar or computer codes that will be printed with the form - i.e. once these forms are absolutely final, validate and print right away. Those codes will be used in the processing centre so are pretty important, I'm not sure if they'll accept those forms if the codes aren't correct (at minimum might cause delays or errors).

There is at least one form (supplemental travel information) that cannot be saved, but I don't believe that is required of all applicants.

Dec 3, 2019
The outland application spousal sponsorship is submitted in paper form, although you can download all of the forms in advance and begin filling them out electronically. I.e. download all the forms, start filling them out, saving as you go, collect all your information and supporting documents in parallel. The final step is to finalize all the documents, print and sign. (And double-check using the checklist that you have done and included everything needed, including signing)

Note your husband will also need to sign some of them so you want to have those forms ready for when you are physically together (or you'll end up having to send forms to him to be signed).

Also, some of the forms require electronic 'validation' before printing in final form - this is done in Acrobat Reader, it does some checking that information is entered in key fields (but don't rely on those checks, check it yourself). But it also generates bar or computer codes that will be printed with the form - i.e. once these forms are absolutely final, validate and print right away. Those codes will be used in the processing centre so are pretty important, I'm not sure if they'll accept those forms if the codes aren't correct (at minimum might cause delays or errors).

There is at least one form (supplemental travel information) that cannot be saved, but I don't believe that is required of all applicants.
Sure thank you for the information.

So are the changes of getting visitor visa after dropping the sponsorship is less or more??? Would I get the visitor visa???
What should I do to get the visa and join back my husband after marriage???

After dropping the sponsorship application about 4 or 5 weeks later the person receives the AOR right, so with that receipt can I apply for visitor Visa or so????

Dec 3, 2019

So are the changes of getting visitor visa after dropping the sponsorship is less or more??? Would I get the visitor visa???

After dropping the sponsorship application about 4 or 5 weeks later the person receives the AOR right, so with that receipt can I apply for visitor Visa or so????

Chances***

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

You can apply for the visitor visa at any time. The chances of being approved are low.

Maria2020

Jan 9, 2020
Hello, the chances of getting a visitors visa after applying for permanent residence is very slim, unless you show strong ties to your home country and prove you will return home once the visit is up. My husband tried and was denied while his PR application was in process and so it was a waste of money for us to try.
You will most likely have to wait until you are approved as a permanent resident before joining your husband living in Canada.