+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Sponsorship Online Application

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Not much of an update, but we got a response to our webform submission that basically just said "We can't connect these documents to your file because we haven't started processing your application yet." Sigh. It has been 92 days, and most people who submitted in mid-Jan got their AOR around 75 days (according to the spreadsheet). I am expecting for our application to be returned as incomplete... Does anyone know if it typically takes longer when they're returning your app instead of sending AOR? Is it just unlucky that it's taking longer than average for us to hear back?
There's a whole crew of us dating back to Sept 2021 who are waiting on AOR. I'm at 134 days today myself. My application is complete as far as I know. Other's have had their applications returned by now so there may be nothing wrong with your app. I just seems to be the luck of the draw as they cherry pick apps randomly and if you are unlucky you get stuck like the at least 130+ of us waiting for AOR. I'm sure there are many more. I've stopped expecting anything from IRCC as their system is just one big cluster, especially if you applied online. The average on the forum is 1/4 of all online applicants are still waiting for AOR from Sept - Jan. Seems there may be a glitch in their system.

When we call or go through our MP they continue to say no one has opened your file. There is nothing we can do but wait. I don't expect anything from them any time soon.

alikatal

Aug 4, 2021
Hello everyone, I know many people had problems signing imm1344 and imm5532. I filled out the forms, then printed them as a normal PDF using Adobe Acrobat DC Pro. Then, I added our handwritten signatures image into Adobe and signed the forms. It's similar to being really printed and signed. Has anyone tried this way? Is it acceptable by IRCC, or it's better to really print and sign them? Thanks.

minnie99

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Ontario
Hello everyone, I know many people had problems signing imm1344 and imm5532. I filled out the forms, then printed them as a normal PDF using Adobe Acrobat DC Pro. Then, I added our handwritten signatures image into Adobe and signed the forms. It's similar to being really printed and signed. Has anyone tried this way? Is it acceptable by IRCC, or it's better to really print and sign them? Thanks.
when I asked IRCC on Twitter they told me that it needs to be printed signed and scanned. I don’t know if anyone was ever successful doing otherwise…

alikatal

Aug 4, 2021
when I asked IRCC on Twitter they told me that it needs to be printed signed and scanned. I don’t know if anyone was ever successful doing otherwise…
Thanks. So I don't risk it. I'll print, sign, and scan it.
I remember I did it for one of my PR forms in the TR to PR program, and it was okay. But, it's better don't risk it.

alikatal

Aug 4, 2021
I have another question. I appreciate it if anyone can help me with that.

I am submitting an online outland application for my wife. I am a PR and currently living in Montreal. But I have a remote job in Toronto and intend to move to Toronto after my wife comes here. So in the imm0008, in response to "Where do you plan to live in Canada?" I selected ON, Toronto, for my wife.
Now my question is in form imm5533e; one of the supporting documents for the Sponsor is the "Employment/Source of Income". But it says: do not complete the section if you are a Quebec resident. I am not sure, in my case, that we will move to Toronto after getting my wife's PR, should we provide this document or not. I guess they don't ask Quebec residents to provide it because if they want to get PR for staying in Quebec, they need to apply for CSQ first, and they probably provide the proof of income there. I am not sure.
Thanks.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
I did that and my application was accepted

Jazim360

Apr 28, 2022
Hi all

I submitted the application using online portal for my spouse on 10 Feb 2022. However, my application was returned due to the wretched IMM5532 and IMM1344 signature issue. I was thinking I would be able to just get the signatures done and then re-upload the files and submit the app. My app was also showing and I thought that is how it would he done. However, it took me a couple weeks to get things done and when I finally sat to upload now I cannot see my submitted apps at all. Can't find the app in my account anymore and when I go to start a new application no categor comes from the drop down. Is this a technical system glitch with the portal or will I have to create a new account and resubmit the application??? Please please help.

Britteadrinker

Star Member
Mar 18, 2022
Hi all

I submitted the application using online portal for my spouse on 10 Feb 2022. However, my application was returned due to the wretched IMM5532 and IMM1344 signature issue. I was thinking I would be able to just get the signatures done and then re-upload the files and submit the app. My app was also showing and I thought that is how it would he done. However, it took me a couple weeks to get things done and when I finally sat to upload now I cannot see my submitted apps at all. Can't find the app in my account anymore and when I go to start a new application no categor comes from the drop down. Is this a technical system glitch with the portal or will I have to create a new account and resubmit the application??? Please please help.
What did you end up doing for this?

alikatal

Aug 4, 2021
Hi all. Details of Military Service (IMM5546) is one of the additional country-specific forms for my country, but my wife does not have any military service background. Should she sign and upload the form even without any military service background, or it's not necessary? I am asking because if maybe the officer doesn't see the form attached to the application, ask for it.

Terang1987

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Hi everyone
I submitted online application for spousal PR outland on april 16 2022
I hope things go fast, good luck everyone!!
Hi good evening, I just want to know how to apply online. Do i need to make my spouse an IRCC account or I can use mine?