+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland postal times

Hayley3005

Jul 28, 2019
Hi Friends, and fellow outland applicants,
Could people share their waiting times from posting the application (in regular tracked post NOT COURIER!) and getting confirmation that the application is received. Mines coming up on 3 weeks and I'm getting nervous that I've not heard anything and the tracking number seemed to have stopped reporting in Bangkok!
Thanks in advance

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I made the mistake of sending mine by UK Royal Mail track and trace. Took just over 3 weeks to get fro the UK to CIC, most of thqt time stuck in Camadian Customs. If I were you, I would give it 4 or 5 weeks at least to even arrive, then another 6 to 10 weeks for CIC to acknowledge. Now I recommend anyone to use a proper international courier.

Proper international couriers (eg FEDEX, UPS, DHL etc) often have their own customs clearance facilities, so dont get delayed anywhere near as badly as standard post).

Last edited:
Reactions: lion.com

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
I made the mistake of sending mine by UK Royal Mail track and trace. Took just over 3 weeks to get fro the UK to CIC, most of thqt time stuck in Camadian Customs. If I were you, I would give it 4 or 5 weeks at least to even arrive, then another 6 to 10 weeks for CIC to acknowledge. Now I recommend anyone to use a proper international courier.

Proper international couriers (eg FEDEX, UPS, DHL etc) often have their own customs clearance facilities, so dont get delayed anywhere near as badly as standard post).
Having used different couriers. I would suggest staying away from DHL due to past experiences and problems.
We ended up paying a little more with FEDEX. They were the fastest without any delays and have their own customs facilities.
' Your application is important '. ( How much is your time worth ) ?

Hayley3005

Jul 28, 2019

Thank you so much for this. I am kicking myself for using the regular post!