+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland PA while in Canada

amos13

Feb 25, 2021
Hello and happy early summer to all,

I am a US PA already located in Canada and applied outland (see signature for timeline). Due to the mandatory hotel quarantine for income air travelers to Canada, it has been difficult to travel internationally, specifically immigration. I prefer to stay in Canada but I am willing to return to the US if my presence in Canada affects the outland nature of my application. I am wondering if it is possible to stay in Canada (while outland) when I receive either a DM or a passport request. If I receive a PPR, will I have to leave Canada as an outland applicant? I am under the impression I would have to activate PR at the border (air or land). Would it be possible to activate PR status at an IRCC office rather an airport/land crossing even when outland?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello and happy early summer to all,

I am a US PA already located in Canada and applied outland (see signature for timeline). Due to the mandatory hotel quarantine for income air travelers to Canada, it has been difficult to travel internationally, specifically immigration. I prefer to stay in Canada but I am willing to return to the US if my presence in Canada affects the outland nature of my application. I am wondering if it is possible to stay in Canada (while outland) when I receive either a DM or a passport request. If I receive a PPR, will I have to leave Canada as an outland applicant? I am under the impression I would have to activate PR at the border (air or land). Would it be possible to activate PR status at an IRCC office rather an airport/land crossing even when outland?
They are now during covid doing virtual landings for those in Canada, including outland. So you can stay until complete.

Reactions: amos13

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
RE Virtual landings: I'm assuming IRCC is calling PAs for the landing process?
That's a good question, that's what they were doing, or just by email, but it seems they've come up with a new thing, a landing 'portal', and I don't understand how that works. Something to do with the internet...

You can either search or hopefully someone will explain.