+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Outland) Only received COPR via email

Mangos

Apr 21, 2021
I'm Canadian, sponsoring my Korean spouse via outland application. We were approved back in December last year and received our COPRs via email.
To my understanding the typical process includes us receiving paper versions of the COPRs as well. However when we asked the Manilla embassy that processed our application in January, they said that we can simply print out our COPRs and use that to land. We believed them, and didn't have any additional correspondence or hear anything from them since.

However when we went to register my spouse's intent to immigrate today, the government officials said that we were supposed to have official COPR documents issued by the government. So after searching online, I'm wondering if there's a mix up because everyone else else who applied in Korea seems to have gotten physical papers. We're planning to land next week so this is quite worrisome and there's no way to directly contact the visa office urgently either. (Sent them an email though, but of course this can take ages..)

Can anyone confirm if it is possible to land with personally printed copies of the COPR? Thanks!

----edit----
Just wanted to add that in our IRCC account, it says decision made and that we've been approved however there is no COPR details.

Last edited: