+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OUTLAND approved sponsorship then STUCK in Mississauga ... GATHER HERE ...

mcroze

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
So I just received an email. I guess I'm not so much "stuck" in Mississauga, as my wifes application is being processed there.
The pdf said: "This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be processed at CPC Mississauga."

I guess they aren't going to send it to Ottawa or anything, and just process it there?
I just got the same thing too! Nothing has changed on ECAS or GCKEY yet.

Reactions: jptskt

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
We have received the same e-mail about 30 min ago.

Our last step was schedule A and Police Certificates which we've uploaded July 10th.

We are outland, common-law and thought we had to go through the Paris office. Could it mean that you don't need to go through a local office? Like as is your application looks very legit so there's no need for further evidence or information?

thanks
No idea, I don't think it happened to anyone before.
The theory was that Ottawa is under a lot of pressure to finish all the 2015/2016 applications, now that both inland and outland have to be processed within 12 months, and generated a lot of backlog.

Our visa office was supposed to be Ottawa, so my guess was that they are trying to take the load off Ottawa by processing some applications in Mississauga. But if you visa office was supposed to be Paris, my guess makes no sense lol

slam167

Aug 29, 2017
Switzerland
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
29-06-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
The theory was that Ottawa is under a lot of pressure to finish all the 2015/2016 applications, now that both inland and outland have to be processed within 12 months, and generated a lot of backlog.

Our visa office was supposed to be Ottawa, so my guess was that they are trying to take the load off Ottawa by processing some applications in Mississauga. But if you visa office was supposed to be Paris, my guess makes no sense lol
Yeah I mean we thought our office was Paris since I am a Canadian citizen living in Switzerland and you can't do it through the embassy here. I hope you're right and they left the easier ones like us in Mississauga for quicker processing

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017

It actually does make sense....As many applicants from some european VOs were often processed through Ottawa (not all, but many).

Reactions: elenama

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
It actually does make sense....As many applicants from some european VOs were often processed through Ottawa (not all, but many).
Didn't know that. Well, hopefully Mississauga turns out to be an efficient office!
I wonder if we'll be able to get more info about the process from the call centre then. From what I gathered, they can only see the progress of the application if it's still in Mississauga; once it gets transferred, they are no help.
Since our apps are processed in CPC-M, perhaps the agents will access to them throughout the whole process..

Afw

May 20, 2017
I have also received an email saying my husbands application will be processed at Mississauga office! We haven't heard from them since they requested Schedule A on June 12th! I think this is good news for all of us who have received this email! Our visa office was supposed to be London

Last edited:
Reactions: caromaline

slam167

Aug 29, 2017
Switzerland
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
29-06-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
Didn't know that. Well, hopefully Mississauga turns out to be an efficient office!
I wonder if we'll be able to get more info about the process from the call centre then. From what I gathered, they can only see the progress of the application if it's still in Mississauga; once it gets transferred, they are no help.
Since our apps are processed in CPC-M, perhaps the agents will access to them throughout the whole process..
So have you called mississauga before? we've never called them yet.

slam167

Aug 29, 2017
Switzerland
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
29-06-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
I have also received an email saying my husbands application will be processed at Mississauga office! We haven't heard from them since they requested Schedule A on June 12th! I think this is good news for all of us who have received this email
They have requested our schedule A on July 1st and we haven't heard anything since either.

Last edited:

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
So have you called mississauga before? we've never called them yet.
Yah, we called quite a few times. They usually can tell you when was the last time someone opened your application, and if they need anything from you. Lately all we've been hearing was "your application is still early in the process, it will be transferred to Ottawa in a few weeks"..

I guess we'll wait till the end of next week and if no changes come through on ECAS or GCKey, we'll give them a call.

slam167

Aug 29, 2017
Switzerland
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
29-06-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
Yah, we called quite a few times. They usually can tell you when was the last time someone opened your application, and if they need anything from you. Lately all we've been hearing was "your application is still early in the process, it will be transferred to Ottawa in a few weeks"..

I guess we'll wait till the end of next week and if no changes come through on ECAS or GCKey, we'll give them a call.
okay so it sounds like they are kinda helpful on the phone. keep us posted if you hear anything.

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
So I just received an email. I guess I'm not so much "stuck" in Mississauga, as my wifes application is being processed there.
The pdf said: "This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be processed at CPC Mississauga."

I guess they aren't going to send it to Ottawa or anything, and just process it there?
I've just got the same thing - looks like we're there to stay! Nothing else has changed on my online accounts, but glad to have heard something, at this point.
I just got the same thing! It does feel good to hear at least something. I wonder what that means for us in terms of timelines though.
I just got the same thing too! Nothing has changed on ECAS or GCKEY yet.
Got the exact same email at 10.14 am EST today. At this point, just glad to hear from CIC.

Last edited:

Jenna & Scott

Jul 8, 2017
Jenna: Canada, Scott: USA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2017
AOR Received.
06-06-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017

I just received this email too. So to clarify - is this "AOR2"?
Also, what number do you call? We've tried calling once as my husband's (PA) account says "action required" but turns out there wasn't any action required... we could never reach anyone who was of any help. (We ended up submitting an online query and they said it's a tech issue and he didn't need to do anything).

Also, we have very similar timelines (received May 9), but my husband has not been asked to submit medical yet. Anyone else not asked as well?

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
still no email for us. I'm calling to see what some things mean on our GCMS notes..

al256

Jul 3, 2017
I'm one of you!
Application received May 12
Schedule A request June 16 (Submitted June 18)
SA July 17
The mysterious "CPC Mississauga" e-mail August 29

No Med Exam request!
I really wish I would have done Inland for the work permit now! At the time, all advice was strictly go Outland. I'm currently in Canada on a student visa and can't work.

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
I just received this email too. So to clarify - is this "AOR2"?
Also, what number do you call? We've tried calling once as my husband's (PA) account says "action required" but turns out there wasn't any action required... we could never reach anyone who was of any help. (We ended up submitting an online query and they said it's a tech issue and he didn't need to do anything).

Also, we have very similar timelines (received May 9), but my husband has not been asked to submit medical yet. Anyone else not asked as well?
We didn't get a request for medicals either.. The agent told us that once they finish reviewing our Schedule A and PCC, and the file gets transferred, someone from Ottawa will send a request for medicals. Now that the file isn't getting transferred anywhere, idk what to expect and when. I saw a number of people here with April-May applications who don't have a request for medicals yet.

My husband also has the same issue with "Action Required" on GCKey. The agents keep saying that "it's an ongoing technical issue and will be fixed as soon as possible". That message has been there for three months already I think. He uses Google Hangouts to call 613-944-4000 from the States.
And I don't know if this is AOR2. I guess we can consider it AOR2 since our visa office kind of accepted our file? Third line on ECAS would be a lot more reassuring though.