+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OUTLAND approved sponsorship then STUCK in Mississauga ... GATHER HERE ...

csturner92

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Kamloops, BC
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
I'm talking about my Stat Deca of common law and RCMP finger prints.. they wanted the stat deca and new finger prints :( fear as though it put me behind. No DM for me, yet.
so I'm asking how long do you think it would be from when I get the email saying "we have received your document" to DM?
In my case it took about two months when I had to resubmit my schedule A

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
In my case it took about two months when I had to resubmit my schedule A
Yeah I didn’t have to do Schedule A.
Just resubmit my RCMP prints and a stat deca of common law.
So I feel like those have less investigating to do..

FCS

Feb 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HKVO
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
My app had been stuck in Mississauga from April til October. I finally got AOR2 at the beginning of October and my background check has started. How long do I have to wait to get my COPR? (I'm visa-exempt.)Thanks!

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
My app had been stuck in Mississauga from April til October. I finally got AOR2 at the beginning of October and my background check has started. How long do I have to wait to get my COPR? (I'm visa-exempt.)Thanks!
It’s impossible for anyone to say for sure but it sounds like you’re in the final phase of waiting now, shouldn’t be too much longer

Reactions: FCS

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
Hey guys, I applied in Jan. 2017 and my file didn't transfer to the VO until late August.
However, I just got PPR today, so the VO took about 2 months to process the file.
All in all, everything happened within the given processing time.

Good luck to everyone here. Stay vigilant and on top of your case but also stay calm and patient ;).

poetrydiva

Apr 4, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
03-07-2017
Doc's Request.
06-10-2017
AOR Received.
26-09-2017
Med's Request
18-01-2018
We submitted our Outland spousal application in July. My online account shows that it was received 07/13/2017 and AOR1 was received 09/26/2017. I got my Background Check/Police Certificate Request on 10/06/2017. I got confirmation on 11/03/2017 that they received my BCR and forwarded to the appropriate office. Then I got the Passport Request 2nd attempt (for some reason they sent the request regular mail instead of email or using my online account) on 12/20/2017. I submitted the scanned copy of mine but I don't have passports for my kids because they are minors and the checklist said passports weren't required, so I hope that doesn't slow things up. We also never got an SA email or letter.

jennyanddr

Oct 17, 2014
Montreal
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
So here's my story, I'm sponsoring my husband from Dominican Republic, I'm in Montreal , qc

Sent app Aug 31
Received Sept 1
S.a approval October 21
Request for schedule a October 26
Medical requested November 19
Medical passed on November 27 (on ecas)
Then NOTHING
called cic last week to find out what's going on, and where is the app, only to be told it's IN TRANSIT to visa office,
Now my confusion is this. Why is it only after 2 months is it getting transferred, I figured since there was no notice or line on ecas showing that "they started processing on....."
Everybody's timeline seems to differ slightly at some steps, but it's driving me nuts,,, anybody with same situation?

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
So here's my story, I'm sponsoring my husband from Dominican Republic, I'm in Montreal , qc

Sent app Aug 31
Received Sept 1
S.a approval October 21
Then NOTHING
called cic last week to find out what's going on, and where is the app, only to be told it's IN TRANSIT to visa office,
Now my confusion is this. Why is it only after 2 months is it getting transferred, I figured since there was no notice or line on ecas showing that "they started processing on....."
Everybody's timeline seems to differ slightly at some steps, but it's driving me nuts,,, anybody with same situation?
My husband is from the dominican and weve heard nothing from mexico since july. Coming up on 11 months. Your timeline looks normal for mexico. Patience is key and get ready for months of silence

Reactions: jennyanddr

jennyanddr

Oct 17, 2014
Montreal
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
My husband is from the dominican and weve heard nothing from mexico since july. Coming up on 11 months. Your timeline looks normal for mexico. Patience is key and get ready for months of silence
Ok thnx,,, but finally today my ecas shows that they started processing yesterday,,, finally!! I'm happy there's some movement,,,I was waiting for so long for the transfer,

jennyanddr

Oct 17, 2014
Montreal
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
By the way, after it arrived in Mexico, what was the next step for u?

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
By the way, after it arrived in Mexico, what was the next step for u?
I had to send an rcmp check as my husband is here in canada. That was july 10. Ive heard nothing since. Not one word

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)

Sent app Aug 31
Received Sept 1
S.a approval October 21
Then NOTHING
I am a January 2017 applicant and our file is at Mexico City STILL without a DM. We are in queue for an interview, but our file took 7 plus weeks in transit. (File transfer was on March 6, 2017 and we didn't get the "We started processing your application" line in eCAS until May 4, 2017). They are all over the place at this VO. I saw some people only took 3 weeks to transfer the file. Some people think that they process applicants in batches (they open a bunch of apps all at once every so often), just through observation. If so, you might have just missed the last "batch".

As Starnaenae said, be patient, this VO is slow. It seems that most people got their PPR in about 10 - 12 months. Some of the lucky ones were done in 6 - 8 months. We are the unlucky and didn't even get put into the interview queue until 10 months into the process.

We also did not receive any correspondence from this VO since May 26, 2017. I was in touch with them, but only when I initiated communications, like asking them if we needed to send in RCMP fingerprints in July (which they forgot to request and I asked as I saw in my GCMS notes that they were requested but we didn't get any emails requesting them) and asking if we were in the interview queue which we found out through our MP's enquiry for status in November. BTW for us, they never posted any updates on eCAS nor GCKey accounts since AOR2 on May 26, 2017.

Last edited:

jennyanddr

Oct 17, 2014
Montreal
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
I am a January 2017 applicant and our file is at Mexico City STILL without a DM. We are in queue for an interview, but our file took 7 plus weeks in transit. (File transfer was on March 6, 2017 and we didn't get the "We started processing your application" line in eCAS until May 4, 2017). They are all over the place at this VO. I saw some people only took 3 weeks to transfer the file. Some people think that they process applicants in batches (they open a bunch of apps all at once every so often), just through observation. If so, you might have just missed the last "batch".

As Starnaenae said, be patient, this VO is slow. It seems that most people got their PPR in about 10 - 12 months. Some of the lucky ones were done in 6 - 8 months. We are the unlucky and didn't even get put into the interview queue until 10 months into the process.

We also did not receive any correspondence from this VO since May 26, 2017. I was in touch with them, but only when I initiated communications, like asking them if we needed to send in RCMP fingerprints in July (which they forgot to request and I asked as I saw in my GCMS notes that they were requested but we didn't get any emails requesting them) and asking if we were in the interview queue which we found out through our MP's enquiry for status in November. BTW for us, they never posted any updates on eCAS nor GCKey accounts since AOR2 on May 26, 2017.
Wow, I'm gonna try to stay positive lol, actually I ordered my gcms notes and just got them a few days ago,,, and there's a note stating that they sent an email about the transfer on jan 2 2018 , but I never got it, and only on January 29 did ecas show that they started processing the app, still didn't get any request for police certificate or CSQ, , and also in the notes it said that case was held back for cpcm back office pilot program, anyway, I dunno, such a frustrating and weird process, since not 1 is similar to another person's sponsorship application,,,,SMH, now going on the 6th month