+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OUTLAND approved sponsorship then STUCK in Mississauga ... GATHER HERE ...

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
PA status on ECAS only says application received 2/28/2017 and medical results received. That is it! So forthcoming they are (not) with information! GCKEY has very little except saying :
Your application is in progress
You passed the medical exam
You do not need an interview
Blah. blah. blah. Very basic. Nothing useful really. We do not know where the application is at the moment. Under a desk?
Our case was very simple and straightforward.
Thank you to everyone for your comments! I feel less alone in this.
Yeah, it's horrible being in the dark about the status of your application, but at least we're not alone in this. Try calling the call centre and asking them where your file is and what's going on with it.

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Yeah, same for me.
Application received Jan 16th, last communications from CIC Feb 20th when they asked for PCC and Schedule A.
Neither me or my wife have received anything actually saying that Mississauga will process the application. Ordered GCMS notes and didn't really get anything from there, looked like nothing was really started. In Feb they added London as the secondary visa office, removed that in March and added Ottawa instead in April. But application is still in Mississauga.

ECAS status says Application received. MyCIC says We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements and We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. When I phoned CIC they told me that no other documents are needed from me, and it's a technical glitch.

So ok, I understand that things take time, but just a small update or information from CIC about
what's happening would be very appreciated, if nothing else to know that they haven't missplaced the application or something. My case should be a "simple" one. Lived in one country (Sweden) my whole life, no criminal record at all, no other issues, have been together with my wife from Canada for 15 years, 10 as a married couple, we have 2 young kids that are already Canadian citizens as well.
Did GCMS notes say anything about OB570??
Then again I had to dig at the call agents to get the officers to put that on there..

FrostiRose

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
16-02-2017
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
Did GCMS notes say anything about OB570??
Then again I had to dig at the call agents to get the officers to put that on there..
Yes, it said "application is eligible for inland processing according to OB570" or something like that.

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
Yes, it said "application is eligible for inland processing according to OB570" or something like that.
in our notes it says "...clients are eligible for OB570." Also we didn't receive any email saying the app is going to be processed in Mississauga.

And also we have line in our notes: Location: FCP Pending Review....I don't know what it means, but my guess is that the application wasn't even thoroughly looked yet....

Last edited:

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Mine still saws its determining if meet eligibility for it. ;_;
What haven't they found!!!

in our notes it says "...clients are eligible for OB570." Also we didn't receive any email saying the app is going to be processed in Mississauga.

And also we have line in our notes: Location: FCP Pending Review....I don't know what it means, but my guess is that the application wasn't even thoroughly looked yet....
Someone said FCP use to mean it was near the end stages. But probably not now.

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
Someone said FCP use to mean it was near the end stages. But probably not now.
Nah....definitely not now...App is sitting in Miss for 6 months with no movement as per notes. I don't expect to hear anything anytime soon and don't know when should I order notes again to see some progress.
Btw did you receive an email from Mississauga that they are going to process your app overthere?

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Nah....definitely not now...App is sitting in Miss for 6 months with no movement as per notes. I don't expect to hear anything anytime soon and don't know when should I order notes again to see some progress.
Btw did you receive an email from Mississauga that they are going to process your app overthere?
Nope!

xrubanx

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
LANDED..........
06-06-2017
Yeah, same for me.
Application received Jan 16th, last communications from CIC Feb 20th when they asked for PCC and Schedule A.
Neither me or my wife have received anything actually saying that Mississauga will process the application. Ordered GCMS notes and didn't really get anything from there, looked like nothing was really started. In Feb they added London as the secondary visa office, removed that in March and added Ottawa instead in April. But application is still in Mississauga.

ECAS status says Application received. MyCIC says We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements and We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. When I phoned CIC they told me that no other documents are needed from me, and it's a technical glitch.

So ok, I understand that things take time, but just a small update or information from CIC about
what's happening would be very appreciated, if nothing else to know that they haven't missplaced the application or something. My case should be a "simple" one. Lived in one country (Sweden) my whole life, no criminal record at all, no other issues, have been together with my wife from Canada for 15 years, 10 as a married couple, we have 2 young kids that are already Canadian citizens as well.
I would call and clarify that they have actually received your schedule A and police background checks. I got told 4 times (1 phone call and 3 emails) over 6 weeks period that "additional documents was a technical glitch". I finally got someone on the phone to open my case file and the Schedule A was never actually attached. I resubmitted it that night as a technical error email, and within 48hours had a formal email letter confirming they had received Schedule A. Then nothing for a month until this email yesterday about the VO being Mississauga

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
I would call and clarify that they have actually received your schedule A and police background checks. I got told 4 times (1 phone call and 3 emails) over 6 weeks period that "additional documents was a technical glitch". I finally got someone on the phone to open my case file and the Schedule A was never actually attached. I resubmitted it that night as a technical error email, and within 48hours had a formal email letter confirming they had received Schedule A. Then nothing for a month until this email yesterday about the VO being Mississauga
Have you ordered your notes? My guess is that info that agents provide might not be accurate....but the notes (I hope) give you the most accurate info....so if it says there that the docs are received I would believe they are.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Finally got an email today saying that my app is going to be processed at mississauga, telling us to send our forms to QC. Not sure this is AOR2? I ordered GCMS notes almost 2 months ago and never received them, what gives? We know they got the request because they emailed us asking if we wanted detailed or the simpler email based one. How can we find what happened to my notes?

Will the QC app further slow down my process?

Jenna & Scott

Jul 8, 2017
Jenna: Canada, Scott: USA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2017
AOR Received.
06-06-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
We didn't get a request for medicals either.. The agent told us that once they finish reviewing our Schedule A and PCC, and the file gets transferred, someone from Ottawa will send a request for medicals. Now that the file isn't getting transferred anywhere, idk what to expect and when. I saw a number of people here with April-May applications who don't have a request for medicals yet.

My husband also has the same issue with "Action Required" on GCKey. The agents keep saying that "it's an ongoing technical issue and will be fixed as soon as possible". That message has been there for three months already I think. He uses Google Hangouts to call 613-944-4000 from the States.
And I don't know if this is AOR2. I guess we can consider it AOR2 since our visa office kind of accepted our file? Third line on ECAS would be a lot more reassuring though.
So we tried calling that number today - it turns out it's one we already have. We go through the various menu options until getting to the part where it wants us to enter the application number and year of birth. It then says something along the lines of "status of applications for spouses residing outside Canada is only available online". Not sure how to speak to a live person via these menu options.... any advice?

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
So we tried calling that number today - it turns out it's one we already have. We go through the various menu options until getting to the part where it wants us to enter the application number and year of birth. It then says something along the lines of "status of applications for spouses residing outside Canada is only available online". Not sure how to speak to a live person via these menu options.... any advice?
My husband was going to call tomorrow, I’ll ask him to write down the sequence of options he uses like I promised to Masonb previously :) Will post again tomorrow as soon as I have it.

xrubanx

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
LANDED..........
06-06-2017
Have you ordered your notes? My guess is that info that agents provide might not be accurate....but the notes (I hope) give you the most accurate info....so if it says there that the docs are received I would believe they are.
I have ordered the notes and tried to make sense of them. Every contact is documented and with ours they have made several requests and then cancelled most of them. Then I emailed several times with queries and thats all in the timeline. So its really hard to actually figure out where in that jumble anything is attached- plus the file names are not clear when there is an attachment noted

michlish

Oct 22, 2015
Ottawa,Canada
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-07-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
02-09-2017
Hey all! I am one of you. Though my husband is neither American or European so we're the weird case of an Aussie being processed in Mississauga. (my theory is because he's been living in Ottawa for nearly 3 years with me)

Got one of those emails on the 29th and here's hoping that all is smooth sailing and fast for all of us. We included PCC/Sched A with application and haven't had any requests at all for medical or any documents. No change on GCkey or ECAS either since our SA. I am also hoping that whoever said that they're just sending all straight forward seeming applications to Mississauga is correct - our app is very straight forward and we've been married living together for 3 years.... anyways, good luck to us all! :)

Reactions: mcroze