+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland applicants waiting since June-October (or earlier) for AOR should file complaints

hampton11

Mar 1, 2021
One more question.... I’ve read that if the call centre finds out that you’re calling from outside of Canada, they will refuse to answer your questions. Did you say that you were calling from Canada to avoid any problems? Thanks again!
No i think that's rubbish to be honest, we literally said we was in Australia and my girlfriends mum conferenced us in.

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
One more question.... I’ve read that if the call centre finds out that you’re calling from outside of Canada, they will refuse to answer your questions. Did you say that you were calling from Canada to avoid any problems? Thanks again!
I highly doubt they would care. Don't worry about, the number doesn't work outside of Canada because it's a toll free number that doesn't work internationally.

Reactions: armoured

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Congrats. How long between submitting the form and getting aor? I've complained a few times already and still nothing. When was your app received? Thanks
After submitting the first complaint form they responded in one day to a webform I sent a month prior. They just said "your application with be answered in the order it was received." I sent in a second complaint and second webform stating that I know for a fact that applications are not being processed in order. After that, I received AOR the next day.

kanislupos

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
After submitting the first complaint form they responded in one day to a webform I sent a month prior. They just said "your application with be answered in the order it was received." I sent in a second complaint and second webform stating that I know for a fact that applications are not being processed in order. After that, I received AOR the next day.
Hey did you receive a reply to the complaint directly? Husband and I (PA) just submitted complaints. This is not acceptable at all! My webforms queries have been worded politely and patiently so far... my complaints not so.... Should we submit webforms to follow up on our complaints?

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Hey did you receive a reply to the complaint directly? Husband and I (PA) just submitted complaints. This is not acceptable at all! My webforms queries have been worded politely and patiently so far... my complaints not so.... Should we submit webforms to follow up on our complaints?
I never received a direct reply to my complaints, but things got done immediately after they were sent. I guess it could be a coincidence, but it seems unlikely. I sent both a webform and complaint in both cases.

Reactions: kanislupos

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
I never received a direct reply to my complaints, but things got done immediately after they were sent. I guess it could be a coincidence, but it seems unlikely. I sent both a webform and complaint in both cases.
Interesting, well inspired by your results I submitted another webform complaint today. I'll obviously update here if it helps to speed things along. I included the temp number I have this time around so maybe that will make a difference or maybe I'm just being hopeful.

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Interesting, well inspired by your results I submitted another webform complaint today. I'll obviously update here if it helps to speed things along. I included the temp number I have this time around so maybe that will make a difference or maybe I'm just being hopeful.
Hope it works for you. You may know this, but webform and complaint are actually two different things. I had a webform languishing for over a month by the time I submitted my first complaint. After the complaint was submitted, I heard back on the webform the next day. If the following form doesn't look familiar to you, it's probably worth sending a complaint using it.:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Hope it works for you. You may know this, but webform and complaint are actually two different things. I had a webform languishing for over a month by the time I submitted my first complaint. After the complaint was submitted, I heard back on the webform the next day. If the following form doesn't look familiar to you, it's probably worth sending a complaint using it.:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx
Thank you. I did mean the complaint form. Still no news