+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland applicants waiting since June-October (or earlier) for AOR should file complaints

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Litterally mine the last two months went from AOR, to bil done, medical done, sa done , file transfer in hk done, received done in processing pa and aor2 done. Litterally waiting for prr arr and dm
That's great but you are a Hong Kong applicant right? Those applications are being expedited (with good reason).

Mbaldwin

Feb 27, 2021
Category........
FAM
That's not correct. They scan the docs in but that doesn't mean giving AOR. I phoned them and was told my application was on file (scanned) but still no AOR.
What number did you use to phone them and get that information? I can’t find a contact number but clearly there is one after reading this! I’m a Canadian citizen applying from the Uk to sponsors my common-law partner. Our application was delivered 15 November and we haven’t heard a thing back yet :( starting to get nervous!

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
What number did you use to phone them and get that information? I can’t find a contact number but clearly there is one after reading this! I’m a Canadian citizen applying from the Uk to sponsors my common-law partner. Our application was delivered 15 November and we haven’t heard a thing back yet :( starting to get nervous!
1-888-242-2100. Not sure if the number works outside of Canada.

Reactions: Mbaldwin

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
FYI, I just received AOR after submitting the complaint. Seems doubtful it's a coincidence. Definitely worth trying for others who have been waiting too long! Best of luck to all :)

Reactions: Mbaldwin and AmyL

hampton11

Mar 1, 2021
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, it's firstly great to see and be able to chat to people in a like minded situation.

A bit about my case, I'm from the UK, my girlfriend Canadian, we're curerntly in Australia.

First submitted Feb 2020, received the whole application back because one simple box wasn't ticked on one form, instantly resubmitted, received 7th October 2020 according to them when i called them and nothing back since.

Extremely annoyed at the process, hoping for any advice on what others may have done to speed things up ?

Thanks,

Stephen

Last edited:

Vermaleon1

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
FYI, I just received AOR after submitting the complaint. Seems doubtful it's a coincidence. Definitely worth trying for others who have been waiting too long! Best of luck to all :)
Can u tell how u filled the complaint. I will do the same

Mbaldwin

Feb 27, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, it's firstly great to see and be able to chat to people in a like minded situation.

A bit about my case, I'm from the UK, my girlfriend Canadian, we're curerntly in Australia.

First submitted Feb 2020, received the whole application back because one simple box wasn't ticked on one form, instantly resubmitted, received 7th October 2020 according to them when i called them and nothing back since.

Extremely annoyed at the process, hoping for any advice on what others may have done to speed things up ?

Thanks,

Stephen
Hi, how do you call from outside of Canada? I can only find the contact number for calling from inside Canada!
thank you

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Well, to keep it short - they should label the doors of each room then with months apps were received and go by order. First come, first serve. Everyone's spouse and family is equally important.

May I know when your application was received?
February 18. But I doubt they will work on it any time soon.

Mbaldwin

Feb 27, 2021
Category........
FAM
I’m trying the same route today! Fingers crossed.

Mbaldwin

Feb 27, 2021
Category........
FAM
Thank you! I’ll try that.
One more question.... I’ve read that if the call centre finds out that you’re calling from outside of Canada, they will refuse to answer your questions. Did you say that you were calling from Canada to avoid any problems? Thanks again!

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Congrats. How long between submitting the form and getting aor? I've complained a few times already and still nothing. When was your app received? Thanks