+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland applicants waiting since June-October (or earlier) for AOR should file complaints

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
A quick look at the threads and trackers shows that people as far back as June and July are still waiting for AOR while most who submitted in December and January have been receiving theirs quickly. Clearly there is a discrepancy in how IRCC is handling applications, and they are not being processed in anything close to the order they were received. If this is impacting you, please file a complaint using the form below. If enough of us complain, maybe it will move things along:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
A quick look at the threads and trackers shows that people as far back as June and July are still waiting for AOR while most who submitted in December and January have been receiving theirs quickly. Clearly there is a discrepancy in how IRCC is handling applications, and they are not being processed in anything close to the order they were received. If this is impacting you, please file a complaint using the form below. If enough of us complain, maybe it will move things along:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx
Keep in mind a few things. 1: Some people do not go back and update their trackers. 2: Many of the AOR1s are done as they are scanning them in for remote workers. These are not necessarily being worked on at the moment. When the government made it's announcement that they were going to try to do 6000 a month from October to December, they had a HUGE surge of AOR1s. 3: They are probably doing recent ones to make the overall average look better on paper. It's like when you go through the drive through and they ask you to pull up to wait on your food so that the sensors do not show that you are waiting and they can get the next in line to make it look like they are doing things faster than they really are. 4: They may have sent some applications to other centres for processing, which could actually make things longer especially with the state of the mail system.

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Keep in mind a few things. 1: Some people do not go back and update their trackers. 2: Many of the AOR1s are done as they are scanning them in for remote workers. These are not necessarily being worked on at the moment. When the government made it's announcement that they were going to try to do 6000 a month from October to December, they had a HUGE surge of AOR1s. 3: They are probably doing recent ones to make the overall average look better on paper. It's like when you go through the drive through and they ask you to pull up to wait on your food so that the sensors do not show that you are waiting and they can get the next in line to make it look like they are doing things faster than they really are. 4: They may have sent some applications to other centres for processing, which could actually make things longer especially with the state of the mail system.
I don't think making the overall average look better on paper is a good excuse for what they are doing. They should be processing applications according to the order they were received. Maybe a few people haven't updated their trackers, but people in the September and October threads have been expressing a lot of frustration and most of them have heard nothing. IRCC shouldn't forget about us in the interest of making their numbers look better for this year.

Reactions: pc8922

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
I don't think making the overall average look better on paper is a good excuse for what they are doing. They should be processing applications according to the order they were received. Maybe a few people haven't updated their trackers, but people in the September and October threads have been expressing a lot of frustration and most of them have heard nothing. IRCC shouldn't forget about us in the interest of making their numbers look better for this year.
What is your file received date and also PA country?

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
You should be receiving it anyday I would think, meaning aor. I waited roughly 5.5 months for aor. Things have flown since then, knock on wood. Im also outland like you and abroad. I am a citizen. I would think your pa being American it should fly through background. Just wait a few more weeks for the AOR.

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
You should be receiving it anyday I would think, meaning aor. I waited roughly 5.5 months for aor. Things have flown since then, knock on wood. Im also outland like you and abroad. I am a citizen. I would think your pa being American it should fly through background. Just wait a few more weeks for the AOR.
I hope you are right. Thank for the support, and I'm glad to hear that your application is moving along now.

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
China here. Final processing AOR 2 now. Are you married or common law?
We are married! Even if my app does "fly through" once they finally open it, I'm concerned about all the others who have applied around the same time as me that are being ignored. I hope that they keep the promise of 12 months processing, especially for those who can't be with their loved ones.

Reactions: chloe_planet

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Litterally mine the last two months went from AOR, to bil done, medical done, sa done , file transfer in hk done, received done in processing pa and aor2 done. Litterally waiting for prr arr and dm

Reactions: AmyL

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Litterally mine the last two months went from AOR, to bil done, medical done, sa done , file transfer in hk done, received done in processing pa and aor2 done. Litterally waiting for prr arr and dm
Awesome. That is encouraging. When did you submit your application?

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Im a June 24 received app. AOR 1 was December 4th. That day I got the email I was so releived knowing it wasnt being returned. The wife thought I was crazy when I went yelling into the.kitchen. Now every update is the same intensity. When she got her first bil and medical, no joke was in the washroom.and jumped.up and started screaming. I.will.never forget that day.

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
I agree that it is not right and I would be mad too if I were in that group. I was only giving a viable, possible, reason that they have done this. I imagine that they have piles and piles of applications in offices, especially after they stopped processes, and that they are just taking the next pile. I mean, they process thousands of applications a month, and they get in thousands a month. They have to put those packages somewhere. Breaking it down into a quantitative and picturable form, picture the following food for thought: Mine was over an inch thick with about 200 pages, so I can only imagine just how much room all of these files take. I think that a paper box size of container would hold maybe 20-30 applications max (ish). So 3000 apps would fit into 100-150 boxes, and 6000 apps would fit into 200-300 boxes. (ish) 5 boxes tall would make it 4x5 stacks for each 100 boxes.... 6 months of little to no activity means a back log of approximately 36,000 files if they got about 6000 per month... so .... about 12000-18000 paper sized boxes worth or if stacked 5 boxes high, it would be 20x12 to 20x18 STACKS of paper sized boxes.... That takes up a LOT of space. So, I would say that they probably have not made it to that room/pile yet and I am sure they had to really get creative about where they put them once all of them started piling up. They probably put September and October in a room and then December and January in a room and just picked one to start grabbing files from. This is just a guess. I think they should have had a systematic way of putting them so that they would do them in order, but apparently, with COVID being a thing, that was too much to ask.

Reactions: armoured

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
I agree that it is not right and I would be mad too if I were in that group. I was only giving a viable, possible, reason that they have done this. I imagine that they have piles and piles of applications in offices, especially after they stopped processes, and that they are just taking the next pile. I mean, they process thousands of applications a month, and they get in thousands a month. They have to put those packages somewhere. Breaking it down into a quantitative and picturable form, picture the following food for thought: Mine was over an inch thick with about 200 pages, so I can only imagine just how much room all of these files take. I think that a paper box size of container would hold maybe 20-30 applications max (ish). So 3000 apps would fit into 100-150 boxes, and 6000 apps would fit into 200-300 boxes. (ish) 5 boxes tall would make it 4x5 stacks for each 100 boxes.... 6 months of little to no activity means a back log of approximately 36,000 files if they got about 6000 per month... so .... about 12000-18000 paper sized boxes worth or if stacked 5 boxes high, it would be 20x12 to 20x18 STACKS of paper sized boxes.... That takes up a LOT of space. So, I would say that they probably have not made it to that room/pile yet and I am sure they had to really get creative about where they put them once all of them started piling up. They probably put September and October in a room and then December and January in a room and just picked one to start grabbing files from. This is just a guess. I think they should have had a systematic way of putting them so that they would do them in order, but apparently, with COVID being a thing, that was too much to ask.
Well, to keep it short - they should label the doors of each room then with months apps were received and go by order. First come, first serve. Everyone's spouse and family is equally important.

May I know when your application was received?

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
That's not correct. They scan the docs in but that doesn't mean giving AOR. I phoned them and was told my application was on file (scanned) but still no AOR.