+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Applicant, But In Canada At Time of Passport Request

mkoya

Oct 24, 2022
I responded on your thread. Basically since you are now in Canada, I believe you just need to wait to hear back from Ottowa to get credentials to do the virtual landing on the PR portal.
Yes, as I read on other threads it seems like you just need wait but they seem to get a response back within a week or so. I on the other hand got a final reminder notice so I feel like I've done it incorrectly. Thanks for taking the time to reply on my thread as well.

IFS

Jul 27, 2021
Yes, as I read on other threads it seems like you just need wait but they seem to get a response back within a week or so. I on the other hand got a final reminder notice so I feel like I've done it incorrectly. Thanks for taking the time to reply on my thread as well.
Hello,

Did you get finally the link for the Portal?

I am still awaiting a response from the Ottawa office.
Its been 02 months after I received the Final Notice. I submitted the confirmation of my presence in Canada 02 months ago.
Still no reply from them.
Any idea?

mkoya

Oct 24, 2022
Hello,

Did you get finally the link for the Portal?

I am still awaiting a response from the Ottawa office.
Its been 02 months after I received the Final Notice. I submitted the confirmation of my presence in Canada 02 months ago.
Still no reply from them.
Any idea?

Make sure you also send the receipt to the visa office they mention in the email as well.
If you did the webform and emailed the receipt you should give them a call and see if they actaully updated your information that you sent them via webform.
I wasnt able to get ahold of IRCC when I called I just kept getting disconnected so I reached out to IRCC on twitter and they responded to me with this.

To speak to an IRCC call centre agent, please follow these instructions: If you are an already existing IRCC client (meaning you applied in the past or want to submit a new application), input your UCI and select option 3: Frequently asked questions about IRCC programs. Next, choose either temporary or permanent residence and then the program you are applying under. Finally, to speak to an agent, press 0. If you are not connected to an agent because of high caller volumes, you may hang up and try again later. We appreciate your patience.

Following this I was able to speak with an agent and I also called around 9am!
Good luck!

Reactions: shabee

AnchalB

Mar 1, 2022
Make sure you also send the receipt to the visa office they mention in the email as well.
If you did the webform and emailed the receipt you should give them a call and see if they actaully updated your information that you sent them via webform.
I wasnt able to get ahold of IRCC when I called I just kept getting disconnected so I reached out to IRCC on twitter and they responded to me with this.

To speak to an IRCC call centre agent, please follow these instructions: If you are an already existing IRCC client (meaning you applied in the past or want to submit a new application), input your UCI and select option 3: Frequently asked questions about IRCC programs. Next, choose either temporary or permanent residence and then the program you are applying under. Finally, to speak to an agent, press 0. If you are not connected to an agent because of high caller volumes, you may hang up and try again later. We appreciate your patience.

Following this I was able to speak with an agent and I also called around 9am!
Good luck!
Hi,
How much time they took for the IRCC Portal email in your case. Which receipt you sent to the visa office and via mail or email?

AnchalB

Mar 1, 2022
@Harpreet8014 Thanks for the reply and inputs.
Just one small question, the webform is to be raised to the original VO (mine was NDVO, but then changed to RROC). So submission to NDVO for the confirming the details. Any inputs will be helpful )
to which VO you submitted the webform? In how many days you received the PR portal email.

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Hello everyone, I have a quick question, hoping to find the right answer.

So my friend's wife got her PPR, she is studying in Malaysia but her passport is from Bangladesh. Can she submit her passport to the VFS in Malaysia? She is an outland spousal applicant. Visa Office is in Singapore.

I look forward to a reliable answer as she only has 30 days to submit her passport and her finals are going on so it would be very tough for her to fly back home to submit the passport.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone, I have a quick question, hoping to find the right answer.

So my friend's wife got her PPR, she is studying in Malaysia but her passport is from Bangladesh. Can she submit her passport to the VFS in Malaysia? She is an outland spousal applicant. Visa Office is in Singapore.

I look forward to a reliable answer as she only has 30 days to submit her passport and her finals are going on so it would be very tough for her to fly back home to submit the passport.
Yes, she can submit to the nearest VFS office (at least of those working for Canada). That office will send it for visa printing to whatever nearest visa office that has the facilities (which might be singapore, might be KL - but she doesn't have to worry about that).

Reactions: s.simhad

ManmeetK

Feb 2, 2024
Anyone please guide
My husband applied for pr canada and received ppr on oct 11,2023.. as he is in canada so our agent raised a webform informing ircc and requested for virtual landing … since then there is no update from ircc…
On calling ircc , they say the file is in New delhi visa office but I received the following as a reply from delhi immigration

Please be advised that your file is closed at our office. The information you have provided has been noted and forwarded to the concerned office. The landing office in Canada will contact you for virtual landing shortly. You are requested not to send repeated emails to our office.

Please guide is it a good sign ? What should we do to expedite the process of virtual landing ? Plz suggest as it’s very stressful to wait for sooo long

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
Anyone please guide
My husband applied for pr canada and received ppr on oct 11,2023.. as he is in canada so our agent raised a webform informing ircc and requested for virtual landing … since then there is no update from ircc…
On calling ircc , they say the file is in New delhi visa office but I received the following as a reply from delhi immigration

Please be advised that your file is closed at our office. The information you have provided has been noted and forwarded to the concerned office. The landing office in Canada will contact you for virtual landing shortly. You are requested not to send repeated emails to our office.

Please guide is it a good sign ? What should we do to expedite the process of virtual landing ? Plz suggest as it’s very stressful to wait for sooo long
People have been waiting for way longer than you and got nothing compared to what you’ve gotten in this email. Stop complaining and crying, it says you’re going to get communication from the office in Canada to finish the landing process.

ManmeetK

Feb 2, 2024
People have been waiting for way longer than you and got nothing compared to what you’ve gotten in this email. Stop complaining and crying, it says you’re going to get communication from the office in Canada to finish the landing process.
It’s nothing to worry about??