+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Applicant, But In Canada At Time of Passport Request

kands

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
How do we get in touch with cpc Ottawa . We haven’t received any update from them . They have received the passport but haven’t replied to us , even the status on the system doesn’t show anything . Really worried need some assistance guys .
in a week time, they will return passport, dont worry

intransit_sagar

Aug 9, 2017
Just follow the instructions. There have been many, many cases of people doing this, read through the forums.
We are in the similar situation and then PPR letter had the below instructions, we have already submitted the webform, they haven't mentioned anything about submitting the passport to Ottawa office. Any idea what the steps are for the virtual landing they mentioned?

Quote from PPR letter -
"If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas)."

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We are in the similar situation and then PPR letter had the below instructions, we have already submitted the webform, they haven't mentioned anything about submitting the passport to Ottawa office. Any idea what the steps are for the virtual landing they mentioned?

Quote from PPR letter -
"If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas)."
I'd try calling the ircc call Centre.

sunnydays2021

Mar 29, 2021

Quote from PPR letter -
Hi, were you able to do the virtual landing.

Gurisandhu9999

May 12, 2021

Quote from PPR letter -
What is process after submitting webform?? Plz reply

Harpreet8014

Jun 22, 2022
How l

how long they will take time to reply ?? Any idea plz?? I have replied then via webform 1 month ago still not replied
Hello Guri - Did you hear back from IRCC yet? I submitted the web form yesterday, stating that I'm in Canada with all other required details.

I believe the next step to this would be the creation of a login for PR portal! Not 100% sure though.

gautamatuag

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hello Guri - Did you hear back from IRCC yet? I submitted the web form yesterday, stating that I'm in Canada with all other required details.

I believe the next step to this would be the creation of a login for PR portal! Not 100% sure though.
I got the letter yesterday. Applied PR from India and now already in Canada. My Canadian Address is updated in my application. For next steps:
1) Did you just send the webform with confirmation of the Canadian address?
2) Did you mail your photos anywhere yet?
3) Any idea on where to send the passport?

Last edited:

Harpreet8014

Jun 22, 2022
As a next step, you need to raise the webform as per the directions given in Section B) of the letter. You do not need to mail photos/ or send a passport anywhere, in this case.

Only web form as the next step - and later your login for PR portal will be created for you to upload photos and other info! I'm not sure of timelines though! @Gurisandhu9999 can help here

Reactions: gautamatuag

Gurisandhu9999

May 12, 2021
As a next step, you need to raise the webform as per the directions given in Section B) of the letter. You do not need to mail photos/ or send a passport anywhere, in this case.

Only web form as the next step - and later your login for PR portal will be created for you to upload photos and other info! I'm not sure of timelines though! @Gurisandhu9999 can help here
Just recieved portal email on 24 june after 54 days i raised webform on 2 may

Harpreet8014

Jun 22, 2022
Got that - Thanks, Guri. It helps, one very quick thing - did you get the acknowledgment (automated reply) for the webform raised, on the same day (2nd May) or later? I didn't get the automated reply and I'm worried about my webform submission?

@Gurisandhu9999