Augus 2 2018
AOR Received.
August 28
Med's Request
October 27 2018
Med's Done....
November 7 2018
We have provided what ever lawyer asked us to provide
Yes sid. I’m out status too. We will see next week.. keep us updated here. Ty.

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
It’s ok .. my only concern is how much delay ..it will be still in one year time frame or no .. coz we have everything genuine .. house kid proof of geniune marriage .. even my kid n wife travelled back home to meet my mother.... the only thing I can think is out of status .. well it is what it is .. what can we do
Yeah the delay that is true imagine living without status is really hard but we really don’t know what is all about behind the definition of transfer that it says for “further processing” it might be good news soon or just some clarification then AIP and SA approval or DM on both sides.

Reactions: KBsandhu

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
It’s ok .. my only concern is how much delay ..it will be still in one year time frame or no .. coz we have everything genuine .. house kid proof of geniune marriage .. even my kid n wife travelled back home to meet my mother.... the only thing I can think is out of status .. well it is what it is .. what can we do
i really don't think being out of status is merely deciding factor here, May be lack of evidence proving your relation is genuine could be reason too. Out of status does effect sometimes in delaying the process, but not always. Relationship interview happens when there is doubt on relationship itself. And, as far as my understanding, you don't know yet if they are going to ask for interview or just some additional documents. So, don't overanalyze and make it more hard on yourself than it already is. Good luck.

Sid01

Mar 1, 2019
Yeah the delay that is true imagine living without status is really hard but we really don’t know what is all about behind the definition of transfer that it says for “further processing” it might be good news soon or just some clarification then AIP and SA approval or DM on both sides.
Hope so .. I got DM o
i really don't think being out of status is merely deciding factor here, May be lack of evidence proving your relation is genuine could be reason too. Out of status does effect sometimes in delaying the process, but not always. Relationship interview happens when there is doubt on relationship itself. And, as far as my understanding, you don't know yet if they are going to ask for interview or just some additional documents. So, don't overanalyze and make it more hard on yourself than it already is. Good luck.
you are right .. thanks

AlexZ92

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
I'm submitting a request to extend my visa for 1 year in order to have time to apply for PR.
I already extended my stay twice for 6 months and we are now in a common law relationship.
If my extension gets denied will my parter still be able to sponsor me even if I'm out of status?
I have a visitor record that will expire at the end of April.
I'm from a visa exempt country.

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
That’s true

Reactions: Catems

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
I'm submitting a request to extend my visa for 1 year in order to have time to apply for PR.
I already extended my stay twice for 6 months and we are now in a common law relationship.
If my extension gets denied will my parter still be able to sponsor me even if I'm out of status?
I have a visitor record that will expire at the end of April.
I'm from a visa exempt country.
Hello,
You can be sponsored even if you are out of status, But i will strongly advise to extend your visitor visa, if possible. You don't wanna go that road, if you still have slight possibility of extending your visa. When you have valid visa and you apply for sponsorship ,then you can get your work permit in about 3-4 months but if you are out of status and you apply for work permit, then you have to wait till AIP, which is nearly the end of process. Also, if you are applying for common law sponsorship, you need to provide lots of proof for cohabitation for period of at least one year. Just be prepared and save every little bill or anything which show you are living together at same address. I hope it helps.

AlexZ92

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Hello,
You can be sponsored even if you are out of status, But i will strongly advise to extend your visitor visa, if possible. You don't wanna go that road, if you still have slight possibility of extending your visa. When you have valid visa and you apply for sponsorship ,then you can get your work permit in about 3-4 months but if you are out of status and you apply for work permit, then you have to wait till AIP, which is nearly the end of process. Also, if you are applying for common law sponsorship, you need to provide lots of proof for cohabitation for period of at least one year. Just be prepared and save every little bill or anything which show you are living together at same address. I hope it helps.
That's why I'm asking for 1 year extension so we can gather lots of proof, right now my partner for example pays for electricity and I pay for the internet (which we recently got). We are about to open a bank account together.

I've been here since January 2018.

MichelleOrtiz

Feb 4, 2019
Me too I’m out of status for 7 months now. They received my app on August 2,2018 & started processing feb 21 2019. I’m worried I don’t know what’s gonna happen next.
I got the CoPR, in CIC account said that my application process was taking longer than usual, and then they sent me a email for confirmation PR , I was scared cause my status , but they didn’t ask me about that.

SoulBrotha

Feb 26, 2019
This was partially answered already in another thread, but I figured I'd get some more opinions on my situation.

I submitted my PR+OWP on implied status, after my visitor status expired but I applied for visitors extension beforehand. The extension was approved several months after applying for it, and after I received AOR and was able to link my OWP. Does the fact that I submitted it on implied status delay the processing of it even if my extension was approved? Or will it now be treated as if I applied in-status?

Dach

May 29, 2019
This was partially answered already in another thread, but I figured I'd get some more opinions on my situation.

I submitted my PR+OWP on implied status, after my visitor status expired but I applied for visitors extension beforehand. The extension was approved several months after applying for it, and after I received AOR and was able to link my OWP. Does the fact that I submitted it on implied status delay the processing of it even if my extension was approved? Or will it now be treated as if I applied in-status?
This is exactly my situation.... I applied for PR and OWP in April 2019, got approved for restoration of status before AOR...Was your application treated as if you were in status when you applied. How long did you wait to get OWP?

diamant10

Star Member
Jun 21, 2018
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-08-2018
does anyone know where you become a resident for CRA purposes. PR granted but now i need to do the RC66 SCHE and World wide statement of income to receive the child benefits

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
I am in the same boat as 2 others above asked the same question. I will appreciate if someone can answer the question:

I applied for PR+OWP while being on implied status of “restoration of status” application which was sent few days before I sent the PR and OWP application.

Question: since now my restoration is approved, will IRCC process my OWP now?? Or I will have to wait until the AIP???

Timeline:
Restoration applied: March 11
PR+OWP app sent: Mar14
AOR received: Apr 27
Restoration approved: June 28
OWP: can’t link the app and haven’t been issued yet

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I am in the same boat as 2 others above asked the same question. I will appreciate if someone can answer the question:

I applied for PR+OWP while being on implied status of “restoration of status” application which was sent few days before I sent the PR and OWP application.

Question: since now my restoration is approved, will IRCC process my OWP now?? Or I will have to wait until the AIP???

Timeline:
Restoration applied: March 11
PR+OWP app sent: Mar14
AOR received: Apr 27
Restoration approved: June 28
OWP: can’t link the app and haven’t been issued yet
Yes, they should process your OWP now that your status has been restored and you will hopefully receive it well ahead of AIP.

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Yes, they should process your OWP now that your status has been restored and you will hopefully receive it well ahead of AIP.
Thank you for answering. Do you think I need to send them Visitor record by web form so they can initiate the OWP or call the IRCC agent so he can forward the message to the case officer. ??