Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
Yea. Me too! :p Congrats though.

gauto

Aug 19, 2011
that's a good sound for everyone. My application spent 7 months. It still haven't had any change on CIC website yet. Maybe my proccessing time longer than yours. Finally, congratulation for your reunited family !!! Thanks your share! ;D

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Hi everyone I have decided to join this thread because it deals with Vietnam. I have found this information on another thread that I hope will be use to some. This was taken from govt of Canada statistics

April 1, 2010 to March 31, 2011

Cases Passed Cases Refused Approval Rate Total # of Visas Issued

Singapore - RPC 6,774 3,122 68% 6,789

X % of cases were completed within M months or less

20 % 30 % 50 % 70 % 80%
Total

7M 9M 13M 20M 29M 9,896 cases

Singapore rejects approximately 32% of applications. The reasons can be varied, false documents, no supporting documents, minor criminal records eg. drinking and driving etc. 80% of applications are approved within 29 months. This is over two years. What are they thinking. Keeping people separated over two years. They process over 25 applications a day. I think this is too much and they are overwhelmed with applications. I do not understand why they process for so many countries.

I hope this information is usefull

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Hello Dragoon

Your file transfer date and the time received in Singapore is the exact same as mine. All my E-cas shows is File received May 13 2011.
It seem that it take 10 to 11 months for Singapore to start processing.

My situation is the following: I am 16 years older that my Vietnamese wife, I have university degree, she has grade 5. I am divorced and my wife has a son from a previous non marital relationship.

I support her 100%. I am not sure if this a good thing or a bad thing in the eyes of Singapore VO

Right now everything scares me because of the 32% refusal rate and the incredible amount of time Singapore takes to process. Singapore receives approx. 9000 applications per year for all classes Approx. 3000 are for family class. I have read that most applicants from Vietnam go to interview approx. 80%.

I will keep my eye open to your posts since Singapore received our applications on the same date. I will order CAIPS notes in February. I am almost positive she will redo her medical and police record. Since this process is so long. I want to pay my Landing fee in advance but I do not see the point until her status says in "progress"

I do not speak Vietnamese and my wife speaks a bit of English. Can you share your situation on this forum so I can compare notes.

Oct0711

Oct 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 7, 2011
File Transfer...
Dec. 14, 2011
Med's Request
re-med's request Nov. 22, 2012
Interview........
waived; ecas "In Process" Oct. 12, 2012
CIC-M received application on Oct 2011, from what I read here regarding singapore timeline, it will be a long process for us ...

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Hi all-- my wife is from Vietnam too, so I figured I'd reply here. Our application was received in Mississauga on June 7, 2011; I was approved as her sponsor on August 8, 2011. It's been a week shy of five months in the system now. I can't help but feel a little scared based on what I've read of others' experience with the Singapore VO, but we're trying to stay positive and hope for the best. It really is a hassle having to put our lives on hold for the process to run its course, and it's terrible having to be apart for so long. I'm hopeful because I've been told informally that we seem to have a very strong case, with my parents and my sister flying all the way over to Vietnam for our wedding in March 2010, and the sheer amount of evidence we've kept and submitted with our application-- literally hundreds of photos and receipts for everything from the white-gold wedding rings to the wedding cake to the contract with the restaurant where we had the reception to every single boarding pass from the past five times I've been to Vietnam to visit. Hopefully as time goes by we'll be able to share more about our experience and learn more from the rest of you too.

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
Canadianfirst said:
Hello Dragoon

Your file transfer date and the time received in Singapore is the exact same as mine. All my E-cas shows is File received May 13 2011.
It seem that it take 10 to 11 months for Singapore to start processing.

My situation is the following: I am 16 years older that my Vietnamese wife, I have university degree, she has grade 5. I am divorced and my wife has a son from a previous non marital relationship.

I support her 100%. I am not sure if this a good thing or a bad thing in the eyes of Singapore VO

Right now everything scares me because of the 32% refusal rate and the incredible amount of time Singapore takes to process. Singapore receives approx. 9000 applications per year for all classes Approx. 3000 are for family class. I have read that most applicants from Vietnam go to interview approx. 80%.

I will keep my eye open to your posts since Singapore received our applications on the same date. I will order CAIPS notes in February. I am almost positive she will redo her medical and police record. Since this process is so long. I want to pay my Landing fee in advance but I do not see the point until her status says in "progress"

I do not speak Vietnamese and my wife speaks a bit of English. Can you share your situation on this forum so I can compare notes.
Hi Canadianfirst, good to have a someone in the same boat. I applied for CAIP notes after 3 months and all it said was waiting for medicals. I have applied for CAIP notes again and should receive it in a couple of days.

My wife is 2 years older then and also has a daughter from a previous marriage. I have never married before. She has 2 diplomas in pharmaceutical (hopefully I spelled that right) and I have a Computer Engineering diploma. I know Vietnam has a pretty bad reputation with the Immigration because of the high MOC rate and as a result I believe Vietnam has a higher processing time, higher interview requests and higher refusals. As long as your marriage is genuine I see no problems. If they refuse you can appeal and still win.

I will update once I receive new information.

davidoff85

Nov 2, 2011
dangerJones said:
Hi all-- my wife is from Vietnam too, so I figured I'd reply here. Our application was received in Mississauga on June 7, 2011; I was approved as her sponsor on August 8, 2011. It's been a week shy of five months in the system now. I can't help but feel a little scared based on what I've read of others' experience with the Singapore VO, but we're trying to stay positive and hope for the best. It really is a hassle having to put our lives on hold for the process to run its course, and it's terrible having to be apart for so long. I'm hopeful because I've been told informally that we seem to have a very strong case, with my parents and my sister flying all the way over to Vietnam for our wedding in March 2010, and the sheer amount of evidence we've kept and submitted with our application-- literally hundreds of photos and receipts for everything from the white-gold wedding rings to the wedding cake to the contract with the restaurant where we had the reception to every single boarding pass from the past five times I've been to Vietnam to visit. Hopefully as time goes by we'll be able to share more about our experience and learn more from the rest of you too.
Could you please to provide more your information about your age, your wife's age, your relationship( how could two you known each other?) ect...it helps us can share more information with u.thanks

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
can some one tell me whats the postal address for CIC SG if i use fed ex or UPS. thanks in advance

davidoff85

Nov 2, 2011
Canadianfirst said:
Hi everyone I have decided to join this thread because it deals with Vietnam. I have found this information on another thread that I hope will be use to some. This was taken from govt of Canada statistics

April 1, 2010 to March 31, 2011

Cases Passed Cases Refused Approval Rate Total # of Visas Issued

Singapore - RPC 6,774 3,122 68% 6,789

X % of cases were completed within M months or less

20 % 30 % 50 % 70 % 80%
Total

7M 9M 13M 20M 29M 9,896 cases

Singapore rejects approximately 32% of applications. The reasons can be varied, false documents, no supporting documents, minor criminal records eg. drinking and driving etc. 80% of applications are approved within 29 months. This is over two years. What are they thinking. Keeping people separated over two years. They process over 25 applications a day. I think this is too much and they are overwhelmed with applications. I do not understand why they process for so many countries.

I hope this information is usefull
it's should be sad after read it. I've been waited for 13 months after processed in Singapore (14.Oct.2010) I was recieved letter it listed me interview on 18.March.2011. It's such a long long time far away from my hubby. I'm younger 4yrs than my hubby.we're both the first marriage.The main point is I've fail to get visa Canada for 2times,but it's not influenced married. Finally, I recognized that most of the cases in 2010 were considered interview. But positively for some cases in 2011 passed.

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
So, I just received CAIP notes today there has not been any change since the last time I ordered them in August. They are still sitting on it. I am not so sure Singapore does applications in the order they receive them. Some people from the same time line (April) as me are already in progress or have already received PPR. I am very sure there is definitely country bias.

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
davidoff85 said:
Could you please to provide more your information about your age, your wife's age, your relationship( how could two you known each other?) ect...it helps us can share more information with u.thanks
Sure. My wife and I are both in our early thirties--born in the same year, in fact. We met in 2008 while I was volunteering: she was one of the first people I talked to from that organization while I was still in Canada deciding on my plans there. The more we talked, the more we found we had good chemistry. We got to know each other better, and I eventually arrived for a five-month period starting in March 2009. I ended up proposing to her in June, a little over a year after we first got in touch, and we were engaged in August, and married the following year in March. We are both part of the same religious community, and have some mutual friends through that community as well, including the best man at our wedding. She hasn't been to Canada yet, but we've been around and outside Vietnam many times, including to China, Thailand, Laos and Cambodia. She had her first experience of snow in China during our honeymoon--of course I told her that Canadian winters are much worse!

davidoff85

Nov 2, 2011
dangerJones said:
Sure. My wife and I are both in our early thirties--born in the same year, in fact. We met in 2008 while I was volunteering: she was one of the first people I talked to from that organization while I was still in Canada deciding on my plans there. The more we talked, the more we found we had good chemistry. We got to know each other better, and I eventually arrived for a five-month period starting in March 2009. I ended up proposing to her in June, a little over a year after we first got in touch, and we were engaged in August, and married the following year in March. We are both part of the same religious community, and have some mutual friends through that community as well, including the best man at our wedding. She hasn't been to Canada yet, but we've been around and outside Vietnam many times, including to China, Thailand, Laos and Cambodia. She had her first experience of snow in China during our honeymoon--of course I told her that Canadian winters are much worse!
that's great.I think you and your wife will reunion soon...cause your case does have any problem.First of all, two you have same age,a long time for dating that enough to prove your relationship is true.It's very important.Dont worry.
But most of cases take time longer in recent years.so we have to be patient

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Next week wii be 7 months and there is no change in E-Cas. At first I thought my case although not simple would be processed in 9 to 12 months. I just have to fight tooth and nail. What really bothers me is that my marriage is under scrutiny. It is the strangest feeling. I have to prove that it is genuine. Its worse than asking your parents for permission to marry. You are asking a total stanger with lots of power to recognize the marriage. I have never felt so stripped of rights because I married a younger Vietnamese woman.

I will check back in February because I feel that Singapore only starts processing after 9 or 10 months.

trungngan

Apr 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
27-05-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
28-02-2011
Passport Req..
03-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2011
LANDED..........
02-02-2012
Hi canadianfirst
I think they will process your file soon. my wife got email for PPR last Friday. I am 6 years older than her, and this is my second marriage. My wife went to IOM this morning, and we should be pp back in 2-3 weeks. I will be in VN in Jan for 3 weeks for TET. We hope we can come back together