+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Our Singapore timeline Vietnamese wife

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
trungngan said:
Hi canadianfirst
I think they will process your file soon. my wife got email for PPR last Friday. I am 6 years older than her, and this is my second marriage. My wife went to IOM this morning, and we should be pp back in 2-3 weeks. I will be in VN in Jan for 3 weeks for TET. We hope we can come back together
Singapore requested your wife's passport quickly. I do hope you will come back with your wife after your visit. I have done the trip twice and probably will do it a third time unless I see my status change on ECas. When is it a good time to visit Vietnam because I find HCM extremely hot all the time. The temperature seems to be between 22 and 32 C every month.

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
I posted this in the Singapore thread, but figured I'd copy it here in case it might result in a few more replies.
I'm a little confused about the information we have in ECAS, which says the following--all in the "sponsorship" section of our application status:

We received your application to sponsor XXXX on June 7, 2011.

We started processing your application on August 22, 2011.

We sent you a letter on August 8, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
It's been five months since we first submitted. The file should have been transferred to Singapore on August 8, when I got the "letter" they're referring to in the form of an email, so it's been three months since then. Since the "processing" date mentioned above is August 22 (after they sent the file to Singapore, I'm assuming), does that mean that our file is already being processed in Singapore? If so, should we expect something to happen soon? Would it be worth it to order CAIPS notes to see what kind of information is in the system? Besides CAIPS, is there some way for us to get them to tell us if they've started processing, if there are any problems, if we're on the interview list, etc.? Would it be safe for us to send the VO a request directly, or would it be largely pointless, or even set us back?

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
My wife got a phone call and a letter saying that she is on an interview list 20 months from now. I have not read the letter myself. So I can't really comment. I do not know if she got her file number yet. Today she is going to a Pagoda outside HCM city. I hope she prays for better timing. My wife has a 5 year old and I would really like that her son start grade 1 here in Canada. Unlikely if the wait is 20 months plus pass porte back and forth.

I feel like writing to Singapore that she can travel for interview. Maybe she will obtain a better date. I am not even sure if this is a good idea. I have to see the letter.

Has anyone been put on the interview list from Vietnam and got a ridiculous waiting time like 18+ months?

I am not sure what their intent is but I understand the message. Everyone that is not a bonafide marriage with past living history and children. a) goes to interview b) has a good chance of being refused. Scary stuff.

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
I have read the letter Singapore sent my wife. Singapore has just added 10 more months to the process. They will force medical and police records to expire and we must provide new ones. They can ask for additional information if they want but we were warned not to communicate with them unless address, phone number or email change. Not to send addition documents. Singapore will send the applicants documents to the sponsor and the sponsor must send them to the applicant. These are the only documents that Singapore allows at the interview. I am sure they are stamped or coded.

It is the test of time that we get from the Canadian government

good luck to everyone

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Canadianfirst said:
I have read the letter Singapore sent my wife. Singapore has just added 10 more months to the process. They will force medical and police records to expire and we must provide new ones. They can ask for additional information if they want but we were warned not to communicate with them unless address, phone number or email change. Not to send addition documents. Singapore will send the applicants documents to the sponsor and the sponsor must send them to the applicant. These are the only documents that Singapore allows at the interview. I am sure they are stamped or coded.

It is the test of time that we get from the Canadian government

good luck to everyone
Sorry to hear about the added wait Canadianfirst. My wife has been keeping up on immigration forms for Vietnamese trying to come to Canada and like you posted before, they say 80 to 90% of cases have to go to interview. We're waiting to see if the same will happen to us too. It really is a test of time, and God willing it will be a test that makes the two of you stronger and serves to increase the love and devotion you have for each other. Hopefully you two will be able to spend at least some of that waiting time together. My next trip to Vietnam is in the spring of 2012; hopefully we will have received some news by that time.

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
I have heard that at the beginning of next year they will introduce TRV (Temporary residence Visa) I think they will offer it to those in the interview queue instead of interview. This is only hear say however but it would be nice. If not it will be a long long wait. Its not right to wait so long.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Canadianfirst said:
I have heard that at the beginning of next year they will introduce TRV (Temporary residence Visa) I think they will offer it to those in the interview queue instead of interview. This is only hear say however but it would be nice. If not it will be a long long wait. Its not right to wait so long.
Never happen. TRVs are for visitors not persons who intention is to Emigrate.

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
PMM said:
Hi

Never happen. TRVs are for visitors not persons who intention is to Emigrate.
I think you are right TRV is not what I wanted to say. Spousal conditional Visa is more like it. We have been married less than 2 years. It may be that Singapore will apply new rules for marriages of less than two years. The law was introduced last March but it will only be applied after January. If anyone knows anything about the spousal conditional visa I would be very appreciative.

Bold9900

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-28-2012 (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2012 (Decision Made on 11-13-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012 (Pick up at IOM on 11-25-2012)
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
Hi All,

I send in my application to CIC-M in August 8, 2011

- CIC-M received in August 9, 2011
- Got email confirmation on November 7, 2011 stated I met the requirements for eligiblity as a sponsor and application has been forwarded to Singapore for further processing.

When I log-in the website to see the status and that what it show.

- Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made
- Permanent ResidenceApplication Status: application Received

Can anyone let me know what is mean?

Bold9900

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
JT1979 said:
I think they will inform you soon, because it really depends on the IO, some times they say they will mail you in 2 weeks, or between 4 to 8 weeks, but it could be longer, i think we just got lucky when we got promised in 2 weeks and it really happened. but as to emailing them, i didnt go crazy and emailed them everyday but i usually time it ok, because my wife did her medical and IOM said they will send it 2 days later so i waited at 10days or so because usually mail from singapore to vietnam is about 7 to 10days if it arrives on time, so i took the chance and it went ok. so my wife told me that IOM said it should be around 2 to 3 weeks to get her passport back, but could be earlier because IOM time judgement is always off. i never believe timelines that IOM tells us. keep us posted on your results. - * also has anyone been through or done this... my wife is 7 months pregnant now and we are really leaning on towards having the baby in vietnam, and i am going back for the birth on Aug 30 2011,. does applying for Proof of Citizenship take long and then applying for an emergency visa passport? i'm only there until Nov 22 2011, but could extend it a little longer.

Same here, my wife is 6 months pregnant what paper or documents do iI need to prepare for my new born?

Btw. Can you show me how to update my status on the left side of the profile shows: Family class, application filed, Application received....etc..Thanks

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Bold9900 said:
Hi All,

I send in my application to CIC-M in August 8, 2011

- CIC-M received in August 9, 2011
- Got email confirmation on November 7, 2011 stated I met the requirements for eligiblity as a sponsor and application has been forwarded to Singapore for further processing.

When I log-in the website to see the status and that what it show.

- Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made
- Permanent ResidenceApplication Status: application Received

Can anyone let me know what is mean?
That looks pretty normal to me Bold. Welcome to the waiting game! In your case, "Decision Made" on your sponsorship application status means that you've been approved to sponsor your wife, which is the first step in the process. "Application Received" on your wife's permanent residence application status means that, as they said in the email confirmation you received, the application has been sent over to Singapore. That means you're at the next step now, waiting for them to start working on it. Be ready for a long wait; the posted times are currently 22 months from start to finish.

Another important thing is, the information you get when you log in to the website (i.e. ECAS) is not updated often. Sometimes they don't update it at all. Unfortunately, it means that most of us have to wait in silence wondering what they're doing. When something happens to your application, CIC will communicate directly with you or your wife instead of updating the website, so watch your email inbox, check your spam filters in case their email gets caught there, and watch for any letters in the regular mail.

CTC027

Star Member
Dec 19, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Request
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-11-2012 (Decision Made on 27-02-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2012
LANDED..........
05-04-2013
Hi everyone,

I'd been browsing this forum since I started the sponsoring process. My status are as follow.

-CIC-M received in September 01, 2011
-Received an email on December 13, Stating that my application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by CIC on 2011/10/06.
-Received another email on December 15th saying that I had been approved as a sponsor.

On the E-Cas

Sponsorship Application Status - Decision Made
-We received your application to sponsor XXXXXXX on October 6, 2011.
-We sent you a letter on December 15, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Permanent Residence Application Status - Application Received
-We received XXXXXXXX application for permanent residence on October 6, 2011.
-Medical results have been received.

Since December 15th when I first logged onto E-Cas I did not see my address or my wife's address like everyone else. Not until January 6th that my address and my wife's address appeared on the E-Cas site. Seem like a complete opposite to most off the posts I read on this site, hopefully that's a good indication. Has anyone else in the same boat as I am?

Oct0711

Oct 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 7, 2011
File Transfer...
Dec. 14, 2011
Med's Request
re-med's request Nov. 22, 2012
Interview........
waived; ecas "In Process" Oct. 12, 2012
My time line is very similar, except that I got only one email from CIC-M informing me of the sponsorship approval. Information from ecas is also similar to yours, and addresses only appeared in January. I presume that our files should have been received by Singapore by now. Some people get AOR within 1 month, others don't; I am not sure what Singapore normally does. We haven't received anything yet.

Let's hope!

Bold9900

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
Hello All,

Anyone have any update?

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Bold9900 said:
Hello All,

Anyone have any update?
Not so far! We are still waiting on any word from Singapore, and it's been complete radio silence since my sponsorship approval in August. I've also gotten in touch with my MP's office, as I mentioned before, but his rep hasn't gotten back to me either. We're currently looking into the feasibility of me going back to Vietnam for an extended period of time to wait the process out—not sure how that'll pan out, but you can check on that discussion here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/moving-outside-canada-during-sponsorship-t87948.0.html