File Transfer...
2rd NOVEMBER 2010
Med's Done....
1ST OCTOBER 2010
Passport Req..
22th JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
4th JULY 2011
In Jan of this year my status on ecas had changed to medicals received but few weeks later it disappeared and went back to application received

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mrwhat2do,

Did your wife get her passport back yet?
My ecas showed " in process on June 2nd", I am thinking I might get the letter asking for my passport after a week the ecas has changed like your wife :)

JT1979

Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010 - Mississauga
AOR Received.
06-05-2010 - App Approved
File Transfer...
17-05-2010 - Singapore
Med's Request
1st Meds done in Feb 2010 - 2nd - 10-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
24-05-2011
Passport Req..
28/06/2011 - Got Email with Doc ( POV - Promise of Visa Letter) - Passport with letter given to IOM on 28/06/2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
LANDED..........
Wife and Son Landed on Nov 22, 2011.
is it true, they are practically interviewing everyone now which they screen the application carefully? everyone that almost applied in 2010 that i know has been on the interview list and waiting for the date to be set. also they send a letter saying wait time on Interview list is 18+ months now? also they will send a letter few months after the initial letter saying you are on interview list that you have a choice to have the interview in Singapore which will speed up the process (but that would be all paid for by you (sponsor or sponsored). because i have a friend that applied 2 months after me and he got that. but hes still waiting after accepting the offer to interview at Singapore.

mrwhat2do

May 29, 2011
My wife not get her passport back yet, but the ECAS has switched to "Decision Made", it now says:

We received "Wifes Name" application for permanent residence on December 9, 2010.

We started processing "Wifes Name" application on May 26, 2011.

Medical results have been received. "This had been stated for a while even before in processing"

A decision has been made on "Wifes Name" application. The office will contact "Wifes Name" concerning this decision.

Just check the ECAS on June18 havent checked it in a few days so it might have changed earlier. So like other people say about a month before we see good or bad results. Hopefully not that interview thing because I would hate to wait any longer.

Well hope some of your wifes have recieved their request to send their passports too in Vietnam by now and we all have our wonderful Vietnamese wifes in Canada soon.

hello-kitty

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrwhat2do said:
My wife not get her passport back yet, but the ECAS has switched to "Decision Made", it now says:

We received "Wifes Name" application for permanent residence on December 9, 2010.

We started processing "Wifes Name" application on May 26, 2011.

Medical results have been received. "This had been stated for a while even before in processing"

A decision has been made on "Wifes Name" application. The office will contact "Wifes Name" concerning this decision.

Just check the ECAS on June18 havent checked it in a few days so it might have changed earlier. So like other people say about a month before we see good or bad results. Hopefully not that interview thing because I would hate to wait any longer.

Well hope some of your wifes have recieved their request to send their passports too in Vietnam by now and we all have our wonderful Vietnamese wifes in Canada soon.
Hi Mrwhat2do,

Thanks for the info.
I don't think your wife will get the interview coz they already made the decision.
I think she will get her passport back soon.

Good luck and please keep us post. :) :) :) :) :)

JT1979

Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010 - Mississauga
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17-05-2010 - Singapore
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
24-05-2011
Passport Req..
28/06/2011 - Got Email with Doc ( POV - Promise of Visa Letter) - Passport with letter given to IOM on 28/06/2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
LANDED..........
anyone know if what are the chances of them asking for Passport after 2nd medical exam? my wife just had her interview like on may 24 2011. the interview went good.?

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
Well they would just ask for the passport once she has been approved, so whatever needs to be done and processed before would come before. If she has done 2 medicals already and her interview, then I can imagine that news will be on it's way soon, and when approved they will ask for the passport.

JT1979

Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010 - Mississauga
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17-05-2010 - Singapore
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
24-05-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
LANDED..........
Cool, hopefully they will do a PPR soon, been a week now, and they did promise to send my wife a letter notifying her the next steps after the interview and they did, and she did her 2nd meds 2 days later, so hopefully we will hear from them soon, been crazy since the waiting game began, lots of harrassing my PM, emailing Jason Kenny's office, and everytime i did, they would either call Singapore or email them and request updates on my wifes file. we actually waited 10 months before the interview actually took place. so i guess its not that bad compared to the others.

Goodluck to others, hope we hear something soon for everyone waiting still........

mrwhat2do

May 29, 2011
Its Airplane time. My Vietnamese wife was notified that her Visa arrived on July 27th a Monday and to pick it up on Tuesday. Booked the plane already and the perferct day for her to arrive on Canada Day.
So from Nov 3rd goverment recieving app to July1st my Vietnamese wife landing in Canada. About 8 months in total processing time.
I hope this forum thread lets you know that there is a light at the end of this long tunnel and gives everyone a little sanity knowing a timeline.

This Canada Day we will be drinking cold Canadian Beer not that warm Vietnamese beer.
Cheers to you all. :p

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
Great to hear. I hope I'm coming up behind you shortly. Same processing time as you but still not letter for the passport.

JT1979

Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010 - Mississauga
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17-05-2010 - Singapore
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
24-05-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
LANDED..........
thats good news, congratulations.

also i emailed Singapore today stating that we did our second Medical Test, and asked them if they received it and they did, and they just send me an email back with a document ( POV - promise of visa letter) and that my wife had to fill a little thing in that document and send it to Singapore with her Passport and states that they are ready to issue her the Visa. so she just has to take it to IOM and get it all done today.

hope we hear more good news from everyone else waiting.

Silentwind

Star Member
May 25, 2011
First i'd like to congratulate Jt and Mr.what2do,it shows that patience and faith DOES really pay off and gives us fellow applicants a good beam of hope!

JT my wife also got interviewed on May 24th,by Singapore,only it was in Phnom Penh,Cambodia.They never took a look at our documents,about almost 2 weeks later they sent medic check request letter.

My wife already did the medic check,and the designated medical practitionner has informed her last thursday that results have been sent to Singapore,as i already emailed them 4-5 times (last one after interview),i am wondering if i should email them like you did,would'nt that be too much?Wouldnt want to get on their nerve since they overloaded with work..Btw am happy for you ,thanx for all you ppl who still keep logging in even though your case has been accepted,i didn't know there were still so many good people on planet earth :D

JT1979

Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010 - Mississauga
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17-05-2010 - Singapore
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
24-05-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
LANDED..........
Silentwind said:
First i'd like to congratulate Jt and Mr.what2do,it shows that patience and faith DOES really pay off and gives us fellow applicants a good beam of hope!

JT my wife also got interviewed on May 24th,by Singapore,only it was in Phnom Penh,Cambodia.They never took a look at our documents,about almost 2 weeks later they sent medic check request letter.

My wife already did the medic check,and the designated medical practitionner has informed her last thursday that results have been sent to Singapore,as i already emailed them 4-5 times (last one after interview),i am wondering if i should email them like you did,would'nt that be too much?Wouldnt want to get on their nerve since they overloaded with work..Btw am happy for you ,thanx for all you ppl who still keep logging in even though your case has been accepted,i didn't know there were still so many good people on planet earth :D

I think they will inform you soon, because it really depends on the IO, some times they say they will mail you in 2 weeks, or between 4 to 8 weeks, but it could be longer, i think we just got lucky when we got promised in 2 weeks and it really happened. but as to emailing them, i didnt go crazy and emailed them everyday but i usually time it ok, because my wife did her medical and IOM said they will send it 2 days later so i waited at 10days or so because usually mail from singapore to vietnam is about 7 to 10days if it arrives on time, so i took the chance and it went ok. so my wife told me that IOM said it should be around 2 to 3 weeks to get her passport back, but could be earlier because IOM time judgement is always off. i never believe timelines that IOM tells us. keep us posted on your results. - * also has anyone been through or done this... my wife is 7 months pregnant now and we are really leaning on towards having the baby in vietnam, and i am going back for the birth on Aug 30 2011,. does applying for Proof of Citizenship take long and then applying for an emergency visa passport? i'm only there until Nov 22 2011, but could extend it a little longer.

Silentwind

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Thank you anh for replying,i too have told my wife we should wait to at least 10 days before i email them,i will then wait few days more having to consider that many other ppl are undergoing same process as us,we cant be too selfish.I was looking for another thread when i saw your wife was pregnant,happy for you,wish u have alot of fun there,all the best to you and your family!

Lifer

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Wow. Congratulations to OP, but I'm extremely upset that my application was received a full month before OPs, and his is FINISHED before mine is even IN PROCESS.

????????????