Med's Done....
May-07-2014
Interview........
Interview Waived
Passport Req..
October-24-2014 Sent in PP October-27-2014 and Decision Made: November-20-2014
VISA ISSUED...
November-20-2014
Our application has changed to in process as I checked on ecas this morning! "We started processing your application on October 16,2014" :) we are both soo happy and hope that no interview request! Just updating for all ^.^

alex1234p

Apr 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2014
AOR Received.
SA Aug 1 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 1 2014
Med's Done....
Apr 25 2014, #2 after interview-Sept 22 2015
Interview........
Request-Dec 2014, Interview-Sept 5 2015
Passport Req..
Oct 14 2015, Sent Oct 16 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 21 2015 [color=green] [b] COMPLETE [/color]
canhandvi said:
Our application has changed to in process as I checked on ecas this morning! "We started processing your application on October 16,2014" :) we are both soo happy and hope that no interview request! Just updating for all ^.^
that's awesome news. :)

M

mikeymyke

Really happy to see the IPs and DM's coming quickly for the Vietnamese applicants, in light of all the 24 mth interviews and long wait times.

canhandvi

May 19, 2014
Kitchener,Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-03-2014
AOR Received.
June-03-2014
File Transfer...
August-04-2014
Med's Done....
May-07-2014
Interview........
Interview Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November-20-2014
Update:
My Husband just received an email from CIC Singapore requesting Passport!!!
He will go and submit his passport and Appendix A Monday morning!

Dear xxx xxxx xxxxxx:
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
We are now ready to issue your immigration visa(s). In order to complete this process, we need
your passport(s).

Passports are required for:
1. You
2. Your spouse/common-law partner (if applicable)
3. All dependent children who will accompany you to Canada (if applicable)

M

mikeymyke

Hey you guys got a different PPR letter. We got ours through regular mail, and the PPR letter says "This letter is not a guarantee you get a visa". But you got PPR through email and it says clearly "We're ready to issue your visa". So it looks like a guarantee you guys will get a visa and not a "phantom interview" letter. congrats!

canhandvi

May 19, 2014
Kitchener,Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-03-2014
AOR Received.
June-03-2014
File Transfer...
August-04-2014
Med's Done....
May-07-2014
Interview........
Interview Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November-20-2014
Yeah I was surprised when we received PPR through email :/ not sure if they will send us another one through regular mail with our proofs and wedding photos back, I hope so cause I would like to keep the cards we sent each other since I sent in all original cards.

M

mikeymyke

Wow you guys might be on record for the fastest Vietnamese applicants to get PR visa!

eternalworld

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
AOR Received.
June 27 2013
File Transfer...
July 24 2013
Med's Request
May 27 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
No interview(not even a single letter about it)
Passport Req..
May 27 2014 /Submitted July16/ Status: "Decision Made" August 28 2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
19-10-2014 [color=green]Completed[/color]
You entered Canada at the Vancouver International Airport office on October 19, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident.

finally everything completed :D

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Hi everyone

Does anyone know how much it cost to send the passports through the CVAC in HCM to singapore. The document sent to us requesting passports, medical and police record and more forms to fill instructed residents of Vietnam to use this service. I think I've read a few not so good comments about the service there.

M

mikeymyke

Congrats eternalworld! Now your lives will begin in Canada!

Canadianfirst said:
Hi everyone

Does anyone know how much it cost to send the passports through the CVAC in HCM to singapore. The document sent to us requesting passports, medical and police record and more forms to fill instructed residents of Vietnam to use this service. I think I've read a few not so good comments about the service there.
It's $51 US, you have to pay in US dollars, not Viet dong. The service is well worth it, you have the ability to track the actual processing of the passport, not just the location of the passport.

I've used the service and I thought it was good for us. On Appendix A, I filled out my wife and my own information, but the CVAC in HCM was nice enough to cross out my entire info, because they said it's not needed. They even instructed us to put DOB and Name on one more additional photo. They were very knowledgable in the entire process, and as a result, we got our passport with visa back in 2 weeks instead of 4-6weeks.

I'd say definitely use their service.

canhandvi

May 19, 2014
Kitchener,Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-03-2014
AOR Received.
June-03-2014
File Transfer...
August-04-2014
Med's Done....
May-07-2014
Interview........
Interview Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November-20-2014
Good Morning :)
My husband just messaged me saying that he received all photos, receipts and cards back from Singapore with no interview letter inside! Hopefully his visa will be approve and issue soon! It's been 1 week exactly since he sent in his passport.

Just sharing some updates :)
Canh and Vi

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Thank you for the information regarding the service of CVAC.
My wife will be sending everything to Singapore next friday she is just waiting for her police record and translation.
Thank ou once again

M

mikeymyke

No problem, and best of luck to you.

On another note, my final GCMS notes came in today. These are their last words on our file:

GCMS search nothing adverse on PA; issued TRV by HCMC in Jul 2014. Sponsor born in Cda. Identity satisfactory documentation provided. Eligibility Sponsorship: First sponsorship & marriage for sponsor.

Summary of Assessment: Met and made contact Apr 24, 2014. Thereafter communicated via Yahoo messenger. First met during sponsor's trip to VN in Dec 2012. They agreed to be a couple in June 2012. He proposed on her birthday at a restaurant in HCMC. Sponsor returned to VN Dec 10, 2013. Married Dec 30, 2013. Both families present. Ceremony traditional Viet. Two honeymoon trips to Phan Thiet and KL. Sponsor returned to Cda Feb 8, 2014. PA spent 2 years in USA on two separate occasions: to study English and graphic design. The second to travel. PA's parents living; no sponsorable siblings. One bro in Australia. Decision: Approved. Criminality: Viet police cert dated 04-03-2014. No adverse record. FBI search dated 30-01-2014. no adverse record. Medical: Meds passed M-1. Valid 24-01-2015.

NEXT STEPS: Req passport for visa issuance.
This is what the GCMS looks like when they're ready to give your visa after you've passed all background and medical checks. These were the notes from Officer #2, Officer #1 mentioned almost the same things listed here. One thing to note was that Officer #2 pointed out that my wife was approved a visitor visa already. Both made note of the fact that both our families attended wedding, had traditional Viet ceremony, and had 2 honeymoons. They always mentioned the fact she has a brother in Australia and she has been to the USA before.

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
My wife has redone her medical, sent her police record, updated forms, and pass ports to Singapore. What is the usual time delay for passports return. The request for passport letter stated 4 weeks for return of passport.