+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Our Singapore timeline Vietnamese wife

Duy

Nov 6, 2012
You need to send the police certificate and the schedule A background together with the passport, you will need to go to IOM so they can check your schedule A background for you, and they will show you the place where you can send it to Singapore. Remember to bring some American or Canadian money with you since they don't accept vietnamese dong.
Thanks ttnguyen17.

May I ask you where is the IOM ? Is it where we get the medical done ? Also, why the IOM have to check the IMM5669 Schedule A background ? I am acquiring all the info as possible to make sure those last few steps goes without any issue.

ttnguyen17

Aug 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2013
File Transfer...
10-02-2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24-09-2014
Duy said:
Thanks ttnguyen17.

May I ask you where is the IOM ? Is it where we get the medical done ? Also, why the IOM have to check the IMM5669 Schedule A background ? I am acquiring all the info as possible to make sure those last few steps goes without any issue.
Correct, IOM is the place where you get your medical exam . They can check your documents for you for free, just in case you are missing something.

Duy

Nov 6, 2012
Correct, IOM is the place where you get your medical exam . They can check your documents for you for free, just in case you are missing something.
Thanks ttnguyen17.
Do you know where we can get the police report translated ?
I read we need an affidavit as well.

Vietnam2013

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2013
Doc's Request.
Received interview letter October 8, 2014
Nomination.....
Ecas now reads application recieved October 14, 2014, from In Process
AOR Received.
August 15, 2013
File Transfer...
August 15, 2013
Med's Request
1st medical sent with sponsorship application
Med's Done....
2nd medical request July 15, 2014
Interview........
Interview date has not been given yet.
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014, return October 14, 2014
Duy said:
Thanks ttnguyen17.
Do you know where we can get the police report translated ?
I read we need an affidavit as well.
Duy,

You can get the police report translated at the same building where you are picking up your police report. The second location for the translation service is at the front of the building where the copying service is located. They are private service. If you want to get your translation done quickly, same day service will cost you about 300,000 vdn.

“I read we need an affidavit as well.”

NO, you don’t need an affidavit.

We were not asked for such document unless it is something new pertaining to your particular cases. I don’t think anyone here got such a request if you made it this far into the PPR processing timeline. All the information that was provided by you (the applicant) to CIC would have been truthful and to the best of your knowledge. If you didn’t, you would have been reflag.

These are the typical report they request that you send along with your passport.

Medical report if it is expired.
IMM5669 Schedule A Background form
Police Certificate (Phieu Ly Lich Tu Phap So 2) if it is expired.
4 photos + passport + Appendix A

You can send the requested paperwork listed above on your own using courier such as DHL or you can obtain the service of Canada Visa Application Centre. If you use CVAC, they will look over your paper work to see if you are missing anything. REMEMBER TO BRING ALONG THE LETTER CIC SEND YOU REQUESTING THE REQUIRED DOCUMENT! CVAC WILL NEED TO SEE THAT SO THEY CAN CHECK THAT YOU HAVE EVERYTHING IN ORDER. The service fee is $51 USD. Bring only USD CASH or bank drafts in CAD. It's stated.

The Visa fee must be paid in cash at the CVAC (USD) or bank drafts (CAD)

Just a warning, CVAC has the worst customer service. CVAC are the only show in town, so every Vietnamese who are trying to get their paper work done has to put up with the attitude of the clerk at the counter. A depressing site if you ask me. Everyone looking to get their paper work sent to Singapore Visa Office are at the mercy of these idiot clerk working the counter at the CVAC. I am going to try to make a complain on CVAC when all our paper work is finally done. Actually, to tell you the truth I want heads to roll at the CVAC! I want to put back some CIVILITY to these places. Vietnamese people will put up WITH anything because they can’t speak up. It’s a little bit different on the other side of the pond.

Here is the address for:

Canada Visa Application Centre
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
162 Pasteur, District 1, HCMC
PDD Building, Ho Chi Minh City

Duy

Nov 6, 2012
Hi Vietnam2013,

thanks very much for all the info.

NO, you don't need an affidavit.

We were not asked for such document unless it is something new pertaining to your particular cases. I don't think anyone here got such a request if you made it this far into the PPR processing timeline. All the information that was provided by you (the applicant) to CIC would have been truthful and to the best of your knowledge. If you didn't, you would have been reflag.
The reason I thought we need the affidavit is according to the guide:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#5445E4

Translation of documents

Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified copy of the original document.
Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit.

So although it was not explicitely requested, it seems like a global requirement for any translated official document ?

The Visa fee must be paid in cash at the CVAC (USD) or bank drafts (CAD)
Do you know what is the amount of that fee ? You had specify that the service fee to ship the document is 51$, I wasn't aware that we had to pay the visa fee at this stage.

I will warn my wife about CVAC and will let you know after how it went. It is true that in Vietnam, they will cope up with anything and they shouldn't :(

ttnguyen17

Aug 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2013
File Transfer...
10-02-2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24-09-2014
Duy said:
Do you know what is the amount of that fee ? You had specify that the service fee to ship the document is 51$, I wasn't aware that we had to pay the visa fee at this stage.

I will warn my wife about CVAC and will let you know after how it went. It is true that in Vietnam, they will cope up with anything and they shouldn't :(
I dont think there is a visa fee , i didn't have to pay anything except the 51 dollars shipping fee , well if you want it to ship to your house it would be 54 dollars .

ttnguyen17

Aug 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2013
File Transfer...
10-02-2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24-09-2014
So i have been looking up tickets price, and the price for one way from vietnam(ho chi minh) to canada(calgary ) is rougly 1800 ( air canada)
And a round-trip ticket from Canada to Vietnam is ~1300
Round trip ticket froM Vietnam to Canada~ 1800 .
Isn't this crazy how expensive it is to fly one way ? Anyone have any experience with this??

Thanks in advance

Canadainfirst

Nov 23, 2013
Thank you for the advice ttnguyen.

Taycaoco
I also just won my case at ADR. I have the same questions as you. I have been on the web site but it requests no pertinent information just for what class, inside or out side canada. No file no. No ID number. I don't get it., What do you do with the receipt they ask you to print. I would like to know.

eternalworld

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
AOR Received.
June 27 2013
File Transfer...
July 24 2013
Med's Request
May 27 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
No interview(not even a single letter about it)
Passport Req..
May 27 2014 /Submitted July16/ Status: "Decision Made" August 28 2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
19-10-2014 [color=green]Completed[/color]
Currently my wife also has that issue with the CVAC....we call those people Chảnh.
my wife sent all the requirements for the passport request on July 16....now is almost 2 months yet no reply.
my wife call the CVAC twice but they give such a bad service.

eternalworld

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
AOR Received.
June 27 2013
File Transfer...
July 24 2013
Med's Request
May 27 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
ttnguyen17 said:
So i have been looking up tickets price, and the price for one way from vietnam(ho chi minh) to canada(calgary ) is rougly 1800 ( air canada)
And a round-trip ticket from Canada to Vietnam is ~1300
Round trip ticket froM Vietnam to Canada~ 1800 .
Isn't this crazy how expensive it is to fly one way ? Anyone have any experience with this??

Thanks in advance
Vancouver- YVR

If you are traveling a round trip Sept 28 from Canada to Vietnam and back to Canada = $1101.26
If you are traveling One way trip Sept 28 from Vietnam to Canada = $649

Traveling for 2
1101.26 + 649 = $1750.26
on Sept 28
Traveling alone cost only $649
on Sept 28
:)

ttnguyen17

Aug 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2013
File Transfer...
10-02-2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28-10-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24-09-2014
eternalworld said:
Currently my wife also has that issue with the CVAC....we call those people Chảnh.
my wife sent all the requirements for the passport request on July 16....now is almost 2 months yet no reply.
my wife call the CVAC twice but they give such a bad service.
So its been more than 2 weeks since your status changed to decision made and u still haven't receive your passport back? They are taking so long eh ...
This is worrying me since my first medical exam is going to expired soon , hopefully they make it back before that happens ..
I was looking up for December/January prices , but i guess the price are cheaper in Sept and Oct.

ggood

Star Member
Mar 4, 2010
Coquitlam, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 06 2009
File Transfer...
14 08 2009
Med's Request
02 02 2010 requested for other paper work
Med's Done....
19 04 2010 "Medical results have been received"
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 04 2010
VISA ISSUED...
10 05 2010
LANDED..........
13 05 2010
eternalworld said:
Vancouver- YVR

If you are traveling a round trip Sept 28 from Canada to Vietnam and back to Canada = $1101.26
If you are traveling One way trip Sept 28 from Vietnam to Canada = $649

Traveling for 2
1101.26 + 649 = $1750.26
on Sept 28
Traveling alone cost only $649
on Sept 28
:) Check out China Airlines ......

Vietnam2013

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2013
Doc's Request.
Received interview letter October 8, 2014
Nomination.....
Ecas now reads application recieved October 14, 2014, from In Process
AOR Received.
August 15, 2013
File Transfer...
August 15, 2013
Med's Request
1st medical sent with sponsorship application
Med's Done....
2nd medical request July 15, 2014
Interview........
Interview date has not been given yet.
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014, return October 14, 2014
I have always flown back and forth with Cathay. With a budget constrain this time around however, I am considering flying with Eva air. Most of my friends and family are pretty happy with their service considering they cost much less. Unfortunately they don’t fly through Calgary.

Eva air return cost $1225 from Toronto to HCMC. $788 one way from HCMC to Toronto.

What is the rule on buying one way airline ticket?

Do you guys know if we need to issue the one way ticket from Vietnam to Canada in Vietnam? Or can we just make the purchases here from the comfort of our own desktop computer or at travel agent in Canada?

canadavietnam

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2010
AOR Received.
Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Feb-2011
Med's Request
Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013 [color=red][b]IN PROCESS[/b][/color]
Interview........
July-2013
Passport Req..
Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013 [color=blue][b]DECISION MADE[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
Oct-2013 [color=green][b]COMPLETE[/b][/color]
Vietnam2013 said:
I have always flown back and forth with Cathay. With a budget constrain this time around however, I am considering flying with Eva air. Most of my friends and family are pretty happy with their service considering they cost much less. Unfortunately they don't fly through Calgary.

Eva air return cost $1225 from Toronto to HCMC. $788 one way from HCMC to Toronto.

What is the rule on buying one way airline ticket?

Do you guys know if we need to issue the one way ticket from Vietnam to Canada in Vietnam? Or can we just make the purchases here from the comfort of our own desktop computer or at travel agent in Canada?
You don't need to purchase from Vietnam to go to Canada but if you buy online there is no way to specify that the ticket is for a new immigrant which cathay for instance have cheaper price for new immigrant.

I would recommend to go directly purchase the ticket of your wife at the airline shop and mention that this is for new immigrant and they will probably give cheaper price and ask your wife to show proof of new immigrant at the check-in counter

eternalworld

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
AOR Received.
June 27 2013
File Transfer...
July 24 2013
Med's Request
May 27 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
OMG I am so nerves... I checked my Ecas today and I saw this message

Visa application, tracking ID No.20140716HOSPPDTxxxxx – Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office Singapore, on 24/09/2014 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

I wish this is a good message.... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ??? ??? ??? ??? ???