Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2011
File Transfer...
21-01-2012
Dragoon,

Was your chat's log in English? if it was in Vietnamese, did you have them translated. Mine is about thousand pages....

Dragoon said:
I believe in the letter they just want everything within one year of the interview, so I printed all my phone logs and other proof from November 2013 back to 2012. For chats I just did some samples from beginning of each month, because otherwise it would be like a book lol.

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
QPH said:
Dragoon,

Was your chat's log in English? if it was in Vietnamese, did you have them translated. Mine is about thousand pages....
No, my wife does not know English. All our chat logs are in Vietnamese and I did not bother to translate them. It would be too much work. It's used to verify how you communication and how often with each other. Like I said, I only printed out samples from beginning of each month.

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
No, each VO is different, so it is better to be safe then sorry. Bringing it along does not hurt anything, whereas if they were looking to see how they communicate and how often and you do not have evidence it would kill your interview. Don't bring too much as it can be excessive.

xjaex250

Jun 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
April 9 2014
Interview........
March 3 2014
Dragoon said:
lol you will be fine. 6 months with your wife shows a lot of dedication, time and love.

I think you will get through with no red flags. Nothing that I can see anyway.

On a side note the IOM medical clinic in Hanoi now sends results electronically and takes about 7 days. My wife just did re-meds yesterday.

Thanks Drag

Hey guys my wife's interview is in 2 days , We finally got all documents done and been practicing questions, I heard it was broken into A&B categories ... A=how meet,spouses family members,kids,addresses,what kind car ext..B=how many hours work a day,much$ make a year,own house,kids,gifts gave,trips,money sent..ext , We gathered up reciepts from our hotel bus,flight,chat,money sent,cards,wedding,ceremony,vacation pictures and all of these are from 2008-2013. I go back to visit my wife for an average 2 months each year but in 2013 I stayed there for 6 months,The total amount of places we traveled together were, Rach Gia,Soc Trang,Canh Tho,Vinh Long/Me Tho/Cai Be,Phan Thiet/Mui Ne,Phu Quoc,Vung Tao,Saigon,Dalat,Hue,Hoi An,Ninh Binh,Trang An,Hanoi,Halong Bay,Monkey Island/Cat Ba,Danang,Ba Na Hills, We got 300+ not just us together but also family pictures with our parents and my bothers together,she also meet my 3 friends with came to vietnam in 2013 and another friend of mine that came with me to vietnam in 2008, We also got pictures of me her and my friends when we went karaoke, We been building our story book from the get go 2008-2013 so I strongly recommend you to build your story book early because it will only make your case stronger/Genuine . I like to thank you guys all for the information from your personal experiences. I been waiting about 30 months in total I feel your pain god bless and I hope you reunite with your spouses soon....I will keep you posted

xjaex250

Jun 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
April 9 2014
Interview........
March 3 2014
canadavietnam said:
From my own experience:

-Wait until they ask for any documents (In my second interview letter they did ask to check the following documents: Police version 2) Medical will only be asked if you pass the interview

- In my case, they did tell that interview "is passed" on the spot and that next step is re-medical

- In my case, Once interview done, be prepared to wait 8 weeks (2 months including re-medical + passport request ) before she gets the VISA in her passport

Hope this info will help you prepare mentally
Hi my wife got her interview yesturday And she said the visa officers were really nice smiling ext. The interview took about 1h 15min and when it was done they told her to wait 4 weeks for letter? what does that mean also how long? :( we are so stress right now, It's not fair we been waiting almost 3 years,Thx in advance..

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
Well, looks like you did not fail the interview on the spot, so that is good news in itself. 4 weeks probably for a decision made, so you will receive a letter within that time for the next step. Hopefully, it is re-meds + passport request.

xjaex250

Jun 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
April 9 2014
Interview........
March 3 2014
Dragoon said:
Well, looks like you did not fail the interview on the spot, so that is good news in itself. 4 weeks probably for a decision made, so you will receive a letter within that time for the next step. Hopefully, it is re-meds + passport request.
Thanks for the quick reply I guess it's time for waiting game :(. I don't think it's fair we had more than enough document ext and my wife said when she was leaving the other 3 people doing interview officers said they would let those people no in 4 weeks also waiting and doing interview it self was stressful it self, All me and my wife have now is our faith... Thxs again

QPH

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2011
File Transfer...
21-01-2012
xjaex250 said:
Hi my wife got her interview yesturday And she said the visa officers were really nice smiling ext. The interview took about 1h 15min and when it was done they told her to wait 4 weeks for letter? what does that mean also how long? :( we are so stress right now, It's not fair we been waiting almost 3 years,Thx in advance..
Did they keep your police certificate?

QPH

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2011
File Transfer...
21-01-2012
We also have our interview yesterday and all went really well in room D. My wife went in first for 30 m, I went in after for about 15 m and my wife back in for another 10 m. They took the police certificates and toll my wife to wait for their email for the next 4 week in case they need other info and because our med is old we have to do it again...so I guess we are doing ok!

Most of their questions are about their concerns/red flag mentioned in the GCMS note, we have studied very well the note and have everything covered smoothly. One more thing, dress up business like will help...

xjaex250

Jun 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
April 9 2014
Interview........
March 3 2014
QPH said:
We also have our interview yesterday and all went really well in room D. My wife went in first for 30 m, I went in after for about 15 m and my wife back in for another 10 m. They took the police certificates and toll my wife to wait for their email for the next 4 week in case they need other info and because our med is old we have to do it again...so I guess we are doing ok!

Most of their questions are about their concerns/red flag mentioned in the GCMS note, we have studied very well the note and have everything covered smoothly. One more thing, dress up business like will help...
My wife's interview was held at 130pm vietnam time and everything also went we'll with her interview what they asked she was able to reply right away and there were 3 other people who got out at same time as my wife which was 1h 15min with same outcome they said to the other people interviewed that expect a letter in next 4 weeks,The visa officers were very friendly to my wife said they were always smiling and welcoming,one person was vietnamese and other person was phillipino both female, visa office did not ask for police certificate but at end of interview they said they contact my wife via email or letter 4 weeks, my wife's medical expired along time ago. I hope this helps you also it's nice to know that me and my wife are not alone,I will keep you update and I hope for you to do the same. I hope this long process and everything goes well for you and hopefully next step is passport request then remedial. Thanks for info

xjaex250

Jun 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
April 9 2014
Interview........
March 3 2014
QPH said:
Did they keep your police certificate?
Yes they did take my wife's police certificate, we just relized they did take it because my wife said she photo copied a extra one, however they did tell my wife they took it
If you did not ask me then we would have no known, also my friends wife said when she went to cali they took her police certificate to and did not tell her either... Hope this brings us some insight... Keep you posted

QPH

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2011
File Transfer...
21-01-2012
xjaex250 said:
Yes they did take my wife's police certificate, we just relized they did take it because my wife said she photo copied a extra one, however they did tell my wife they took it
If you did not ask me then we would have no known, also my friends wife said when she went to cali they took her police certificate to and did not tell her either... Hope this brings us some insight... Keep you posted
That's good news!

Taycaoco

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 2011
File Transfer...
February 2011
Med's Done....
November 2010 Expired
Interview........
August 2013
Hi all,

I have filed an appeal with the IAD Registry Office of Montreal in January 2014. If the idots from CIC believe that they could destroy my marriage by refusing to issue the permanent residence visa to my wife, they're only deluding themselves.

They believe wrongly that a long wait of 2 or 3 years to appear before the judge will discourage my wife and I and make us break. Ha! Ha! Ha! They're so wrong! They should be aware that all the trials and obstacles that they impose on us unfairly will only strengthen the love that we feel for each other. The only person who would be the most unfortunate will be our future child to be born in Vietnam. He will live the early years of his life away from his father, but the day will come when all our family will be reunited here in Canada. No! We will never let the shabby decision of an incompetent official ruin our happiness!

Last Friday, I received a package from the IAD containing some pieces of evidences. Curiously, they did not include the strongest evidences in my favor! It's obvious they do withhold information. Therefore, I myself will send the evidence to IAD.

When will be my hearing before the judge? According to your experience, how long could be the wait after receiving the package? 6 months? 12 months? 18 months? 2 years?

Thank you very much.

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
Sorry, but what happened Taycaoco? Did they refuse your wife after the interview?

Has anyone received passport request after the interview yet?