July-2013
Passport Req..
Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013 [color=blue][b]DECISION MADE[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
Oct-2013 [color=green][b]COMPLETE[/b][/color]
Hi everyone,

ECAS went from Application Received => In Process (Medical results have been received.)

anyone knows what this means? Passport Request in about a month?

Thanks

samkh

Mar 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/May/2012
Doc's Request.
13/Aug/2012
Nomination.....
12/July/2013 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
24/Aug/2012
Med's Request
04/July/2013
Med's Done....
1st on 21/March/2012 & 2nd on 05/July/2013
Interview........
Waived, Ecase In Process 04/July/2013
Passport Req..
10/Oct/2013, Mail over on 07/Nov/2013
VISA ISSUED...
13/Nov/2013, Decision Made 24/Nov/2013, Complete 13/De/2013
LANDED..........
13/Dec/2013
canadavietnam said:
Hi everyone,

ECAS went from Application Received => In Process (Medical results have been received.)

anyone knows what this means? Passport Request in about a month?

Thanks
Congrats Canadavietnam

in some case they will ask within 2 week some case 2 month or 3 months ,

in my case 6 weeks pass from in-process but since Re medical no news from them.

canadavietnam

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2010
AOR Received.
Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Feb-2011
Med's Request
Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013 [color=red][b]IN PROCESS[/b][/color]
Interview........
July-2013
Passport Req..
Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
samkh said:
Congrats Canadavietnam

in some case they will ask within 2 week some case 2 month or 3 months ,

in my case 6 weeks pass from in-process but since Re medical no news from them.
@samkh does your ECAS says "
Medical results have been received." ?

samkh

Mar 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/May/2012
Doc's Request.
13/Aug/2012
Nomination.....
12/July/2013 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
24/Aug/2012
Med's Request
04/July/2013
Med's Done....
1st on 21/March/2012 & 2nd on 05/July/2013
Interview........
Waived, Ecase In Process 04/July/2013
Passport Req..
10/Oct/2013, Mail over on 07/Nov/2013
VISA ISSUED...
13/Nov/2013, Decision Made 24/Nov/2013, Complete 13/De/2013
LANDED..........
13/Dec/2013
canadavietnam said:
@ samkh does your ECAS says "
Medical results have been received." ?
Yes, mine also shows Medical results have been received,
but This is first medical result which we send last year,i can see in ur time line they asked u for remedicall as well,but they dont upgrade ecase for remedicall,

last month they asked me for remedical also, but no passport request yet , still waiting.

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Hi everyone
I need some help to a related topic. I am freaking out with Bell Canada's long distance charges to Vietnam. I pay 30.00 a month with their international plan for the privilege to paying 0.39 per/min to a mobile phone. Of course I can get better rates with a calling card but this is not accepted by the visa office. Can anyone recommend a long distance carrier that includes vietnam mobile (90) #and has a billing system so I can keep Bills as a record and proof of calls.

M

mikeymyke

Instead of using a mobile phone, you have many options:

-If you and her have an Ipad/Iphone, use Facetime/Imessage for free
-Yahoo, Skype, some other Instant Message program
-Google Voice (costs 5 cents a minute to Vietnam, can call any mobile phone/landline using your internet connection)

Google Voice also keeps a record of your calls, but stores it in your Gmail account. There are many companies that use VOIP technology.

Taycaoco

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 2011
File Transfer...
February 2011
Med's Done....
November 2010 Expired
Interview........
August 2013
The interview of my wife took place this morning. I think it went wrong. They said that my wedding was held too soon after I met my wife (4 months after our first phone conversation).

They also asked why my mother did not come to our wedding. The reason is simple, she's the manager of a store and no one could replace her during the busy holiday season. But my father and my grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. were present.

They also said that I have not visited my wife often enough. Fuck! Would they pay all my bills and the plane ticket and I would stay in Vietnam six months per year!

After the interview, they just said that my wife will receive a letter in 6 weeks. That's it.

That does not bode well... :( I've been married for almost 3 years now. How many years do I have to wait again? If our request is denied, I will go to appeal. We are wasting our best years of our lives. It's so unfair!

QPH

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2011
File Transfer...
21-01-2012
I feel for you... were you there at the interview with your wife?

canadavietnam

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2010
AOR Received.
Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Feb-2011
Med's Request
Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013 [color=red][b]IN PROCESS[/b][/color]
Interview........
July-2013
Passport Req..
Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Taycaoco said:
The interview of my wife took place this morning. I think it went wrong. They said that my wedding was held too soon after I met my wife (4 months after our first phone conversation).

They also asked why my mother did not come to our wedding. The reason is simple, she's the manager of a store and no one could replace her during the busy holiday season. But my father and my grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. were present.

They also said that I have not visited my wife often enough. *censored word*! Would they pay all my bills and the plane ticket and I would stay in Vietnam six months per year!

After the interview, they just said that my wife will receive a letter in 6 weeks. That's it.

That does not bode well... :( I've been married for almost 3 years now. How many years do I have to wait again? If our request is denied, I will go to appeal. We are wasting our best years of our lives. It's so unfair!
Very very sad to hear that you feel that your interview went wrong. This does not look very good indeed. I don't want to give you false hope but two of my wife's friend that have "failed" interview had similar interview ending something like "We will contact you shortly about our decision" without mentioning the next step which is medical exam.

Let's all hope that everything will go fine for you Taycaoco

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
@TAYCAOCO :Oh, sorry to hear that, but dont worry i am sure they just wanted to stress your wife with their stup8d confusing questions. Some interviewer are rude.Just like the one my husband had, my husband was sure it was negative, but the result came out positive. I married my husband about 2weeks after meeting so dont loose hope! I havent visited whole one year too. I wish you all the best, hopefully a good news is on the way.

osun

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Thanks all for reply.
Remember,my refugee claim has already been approved before abandoned as i was asked by cic to officially withdraw the application because i already got permanent resident under skilled worker,that gives me the courage to travel to Nigeria straight without any fear,now they are using it against me to refuse my wife sponsorship.I have the letter of withdrawal written by me and cic. Have just applied for citizenship.will this problem of me going back to the country i claimed refugee against in any way affect me being a citizen even if my status was under skilled worker class. I am worried.planning to move to another country.

dnguy014

Mar 7, 2013
Hey all, just wanted to share my experience to those in the process.

-Dec '12: They received my package
-Dec '12: I got approved to be a sponsor (2 days turnaround)
-Jan ' 13: Singapore receives application
-Aug '13: Application is in process, and they have requested my wife to send a new police record, medical exam, and passport.

It is interesting that they are asking for the passport right away, so I am hoping it means that they are looking to issue the visa at the same time ;) So hoping everything done under a year.

Further notes:
-I did not use a lawyer, however I did have a lawyer to do a QA check and they mentioned that the package I sent was the most completed they have ever ran across.
-I did not send any proof of communication records since I mainly used phone cards and Skype now
-I did not have a wedding

M

mikeymyke

dnguy014 said:
Hey all, just wanted to share my experience to those in the process.

-Dec '12: They received my package
-Dec '12: I got approved to be a sponsor (2 days turnaround)
-Jan ' 13: Singapore receives application
-Aug '13: Application is in process, and they have requested my wife to send a new police record, medical exam, and passport.

It is interesting that they are asking for the passport right away, so I am hoping it means that they are looking to issue the visa at the same time ;) So hoping everything done under a year.

Further notes:
-I did not use a lawyer, however I did have a lawyer to do a QA check and they mentioned that the package I sent was the most completed they have ever ran across.
-I did not send any proof of communication records since I mainly used phone cards and Skype now
-I did not have a wedding
WHAT???????? How did you apply at a SINGAPORE VO, (one of the longest wait times in the world), not have a wedding, and have your application processed so fast? Give us a background of your relationship.

You say you had a very extensive application package, how many documents/pages u have? My fiance and I plan to put lots and lots of proof, pics, we estimate the package will be 50lbs