July-2013
Passport Req..
Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013 [color=blue][b]DECISION MADE[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
Oct-2013 [color=green][b]COMPLETE[/b][/color]
goodman36 said:
I have the same situation. I got re-medical request and Passport sending instruction 6 weeks after doing the re-medical. I inquired about this in another thread of this forum. I was told that if the physician says that their is no problem with your (applicant) report, then you can send in the Passport after 4/5 weeks.

I have a question: When you send the Passport, they also ask for 4 passport sized photos. Can anyone say what should be the size of these photos?
I believe that you cannot send passport until CIC request your passport? (any advice?)

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadavietnam said:
I believe that you cannot send passport until CIC request your passport? (any advice?)
Yes. You can not send Passport until Visa Office requests it.

My spouse got the Passport request in a separate mail after the re-medical instruction was received.

canadavietnam

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2010
AOR Received.
Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Feb-2011
Med's Request
Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013 [color=red][b]IN PROCESS[/b][/color]
Interview........
July-2013
Passport Req..
Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@goodman36 your passport request after medical exam seems to be relatively fast!

Is it possible to know how many weeks you received your passport request after medical exam?

Thanks a lot

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadavietnam said:
@ goodman36 your passport request after medical exam seems to be relatively fast!

Is it possible to know how many weeks you received your passport request after medical exam?

Thanks a lot
Remember this is a re-medical. We submitted medical with original submission which expired in June.

We got passport request 1 week after re-medical instruction but is told to send passport after waiting for 6 weeks of doing the re-medical.

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
@ CanadaVietnam

I have a question for you. Your wife's girlfriend got refused. Do you know the reason why?

I support my wife in Vietnam and I have sent all the Bank transfer statements to Singapore. At the interview my wife will give them all the most recent statements including telephone bills etc. I am planning to be at the interview. My local MP suggested that this was a very good idea and recommended it. If the VO sees that the husband tock the trouble to be in Vietnam I think it is more difficult to refuse. I agree with you on this. I have no confidence in the process. Its no longer a bureaucratic process to ascertain whether the evidence provided is sufficient to confirm a genuine marriage. it has become a political one because of the witch hunt this government has put in place for fraudsters. I also don't see what relevance age difference has. My wife and I discussed this at the beginning of our relationship because I had concerns for the future. When I am 70 and she is 53. I spoke to my parents about this as well. Their comment was "worry that your wife doesn't die first" because there is no guarantee in life. However the VO suggested problems in the relationship because of age difference. What kind of problems did they mention or was it an open ended statement?. Personally I wouldn't know what kind of specific problems there could be resulting from age difference between couples. Marriage is difficult enough and requires commitment. I am young minded and my wife is very conservative. For now I try to live the moment. If one is healthy at 70 years old life goes on.

canadavietnam

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2010
AOR Received.
Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Feb-2011
Med's Request
Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013 [color=red][b]IN PROCESS[/b][/color]
Interview........
July-2013
Passport Req..
Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Canadianfirst said:
@ CanadaVietnam

I have a question for you. Your wife's girlfriend got refused. Do you know the reason why?

I support my wife in Vietnam and I have sent all the Bank transfer statements to Singapore. At the interview my wife will give them all the most recent statements including telephone bills etc. I am planning to be at the interview. My local MP suggested that this was a very good idea and recommended it. If the VO sees that the husband tock the trouble to be in Vietnam I think it is more difficult to refuse. I agree with you on this. I have no confidence in the process. Its no longer a bureaucratic process to ascertain whether the evidence provided is sufficient to confirm a genuine marriage. it has become a political one because of the witch hunt this government has put in place for fraudsters. I also don't see what relevance age difference has. My wife and I discussed this at the beginning of our relationship because I had concerns for the future. When I am 70 and she is 53. I spoke to my parents about this as well. Their comment was "worry that your wife doesn't die first" because there is no guarantee in life. However the VO suggested problems in the relationship because of age difference. What kind of problems did they mention or was it an open ended statement?. Personally I wouldn't know what kind of specific problems there could be resulting from age difference between couples. Marriage is difficult enough and requires commitment. I am young minded and my wife is very conservative. For now I try to live the moment. If one is healthy at 70 years old life goes on.
My wife's friend got refused VO said in refusal letter that VO detected "relationship not genuine" which was the case.

The friend who is very intelligent (she went to University here in Vietnam) could not convince with her "husband" the VO that they were genuine. By The way, her Husband took the plane from Vancouver to Vietnam just for the Interview. (So it does not mean that because that husband from Canada is there you are good). The friend did not use Translator since she speaks english fluently.

They practiced very hard all the possible questions, showed money transfers, all VISA stamps (perhaps 2 times he visited her in 2 1/2 years) and all the facebook logs + few extra photos ... but somehow VO was able to detect that relationship was not genuine (The friend's family paid $$$ to her husband to marry her in order to make her come to Canada) VO really impressed me to VO is able to detect that!

My wife's other friend got also refused but this time the relationship was genuine ... they have made appeal and won (I do not know much on how did their interview went? What I know is have used the Translator + they seems to answer correctly the questions from the Application do not know what went wrong).

@ I don't want to scare anyone going to the Interview since mine went positively and a lot of other members cases here went good. I know more PASS cases than refused cases!!! there is hope @ CanadianFirst, @ Dragoon and @ Taycaoco good luck for your interviews!! hope the interview will go well

M

mikeymyke

Hey guys, I'm gonna get married to my Vietnamese fiance in 4.5 months, I heard it takes a couple months for the Canadian govt to obtain marriage search certificates, translations, notarization of documents, etc, is this true?

What are the full documents I need before going to Vietnam?

xjaex250

Jun 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
April 9 2014
Interview........
March 3 2014
Hi there I'm new to thing forum and also love all the good information on it.
My question is my wife was notified through the mail her interview list paper in Nov 2012
but said nothing about the interview day? I have heard there's still one more you have to wait for?
is that true? And if so how long more of a wait is it? This Nov 2013 will be exactly 2 years from day
we applied.. I hope i am not the only one in this boat please help i miss my wife also waiting for her
To come home so i can start my family....... Thanks so much

Kbean

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st:18-06-2012 2nd:20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 15th, 2014, PP sent April 2nd, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued May 2nd, 2014, Decision Made May 5th, 2014
LANDED..........
Landed
mikeymyke said:
Hey guys, I'm gonna get married to my Vietnamese fiance in 4.5 months, I heard it takes a couple months for the Canadian govt to obtain marriage search certificates, translations, notarization of documents, etc, is this true?

What are the full documents I need before going to Vietnam?
Mikeymyke,

My marriage search certificate took about 2 weeks but the my 'Statements In-Lieu of Certificates of Non-Impediment to Marriage Abroad' took about 50 business days so I would suggest that you start the application process soon. You can get the full list of required documents from the Vietnam Embassy here: http://www.vietem-ca.com/html/service.html

Keep in mind some documents have 3 month expiry date so plan accordingly. Once you have all the required documents, you can get them notarized on the same day.

I got my health test done in SG and got the results 3 days later.

M

mikeymyke

Kbean said:
Mikeymyke,

My marriage search certificate took about 2 weeks but the my 'Statements In-Lieu of Certificates of Non-Impediment to Marriage Abroad' took about 50 business days so I would suggest that you start the application process soon. You can get the full list of required documents from the Vietnam Embassy here: http://www.vietem-ca.com/html/service.html

Keep in mind some documents have 3 month expiry date so plan accordingly. Once you have all the required documents, you can get them notarized on the same day.

I got my health test done in SG and got the results 3 days later.
Thanks!

I can get them notarized same day, but I believe I"m supposed to have them translated at VN embassy in Ottawa, which would require me mailing it to them and having to wait a few weeks again right?

M

mikeymyke

Also, I noticed it says the Vietnamese govt won't accept docs that are set to expire within 6 months of submission, however, the marriage search doc expires in 3 months, so what do I do?

eternalworld

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
AOR Received.
June 27 2013
File Transfer...
July 24 2013
Med's Request
May 27 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
No interview(not even a single letter about it)
Passport Req..
May 27 2014 /Submitted July16/ Status: "Decision Made" August 28 2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
19-10-2014 [color=green]Completed[/color]
Hello everyone

My name is Nam

July 24th 2013

I recently received a letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf "My Wife Name"

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for you relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.

I'm very happy that I received this letter :D
........................................................................................

anyone here have any information on what timeline or what month is Singapore VO currently working on?.

please fill me

Thank you very much for the reply

M

mikeymyke

If you answer my above post, I'll answer yours :p

One of the Canadian docs - Marriage Certificate Search, lasts only 3 months, but Vnese govt requires docs to not expire for at least 6 mths, whats the deal?

Kbean

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st:18-06-2012 2nd:20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 15th, 2014, PP sent April 2nd, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued May 2nd, 2014, Decision Made May 5th, 2014
LANDED..........
Landed
mikeymyke said:

One of the Canadian docs - Marriage Certificate Search, lasts only 3 months, but Vnese govt requires docs to not expire for at least 6 mths, whats the deal?
You have 6 months since date of issued of your documents to apply for your Marriage Certificate. I am not sure what the rules are now for applying for a Marriage Certificate, but in 2012 we were allowed to apply for the Marriage Certificate before our wedding date. I got my Marriage Search Certificate in November and applied in February so I was within 3 months.

Regarding the notarized and translation of documents by the VN Embassy, you can send your documents to the Embassy and will get them back within 5 business days. I went directly to the Embassy in Ottawa and got my documents done within 3 hours:). I spent the afternoon touring the museums and came back to pick up the documents later in the day.

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
mikeymyke said:

@ MykeMyke
It all depends if you have interview or not. If you have interview the waiting time is about 30 months. If you don't have interview it can be a short as 16 months or less. HOwever there is a visa officer strike that backlogs everything.