12-01-2015//ADR jan 28 2016 WON!!
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2016!! Passport received 23-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-29-2016
goodman36 said:
Are you sure they didn't e-mail you? Because if they e-mail you, then you can print-out and sign and send.

It is hard to say what letter they send you because everyone's case is different.

If they mailed you, then did you call them and asked them to send it again? If they are sending it again, I am sure you can sign and send it back within 60 days from the 1st time they send you the letter.
Thank you so much. i have a lawyer working on it. but he not very helpful. i never got any email that would be so much easier then getting it mailed.

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
The situation with the slowdown and rotating strike doesn't appear to be any closer to being resolved. I am just wondering out loud how long this will continue. The only thing I can say is not to hold the applicant hostage. The FSO right to strike against their employer is one thing. This strike doesn't hurt the employer but hurts families and sponsors. Until this strike starts to affect large corporations that will call in Mr Baird for a meeting it suits Mr. Baird just fine. Mr. Baird can claim he is tough on immigration, tough on unions, tough on fraudsters. So what the innocent pay. Everything else looks good on his resumé.

canadavietnam

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2010
AOR Received.
Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Feb-2011
Med's Request
Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013 [color=red][b]IN PROCESS[/b][/color]
Interview........
July-2013
Passport Req..
Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013 [color=blue][b]DECISION MADE[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
Oct-2013 [color=green][b]COMPLETE[/b][/color]
Hi All,

This last week, it was Interview time and let me share our story:

1) I went with my wife in HCM do the interview at 08h45 AM
2) The waiting room was full of people waiting also for their interview
3) Employees were really busy and not chatty at all with a cold face on everyone
4) We waited 5 min. than my wife's name is called
5) She enters the room by herself
6) It was the longest moment for me waiting, waiting
7) She was still in the room for almost 45 minutes than my named was called out
8) I enter the room and my wife came out (she looked scared to death) .. omg
9) There were two VO there asking me questions about how I met my wife, where's my phone bill (I did not have since we were only speaking on the Internet) ... you said that in the application can you confirm now? (I wasn't sure 100% what we have written before)

10) Then finally VO had a really serious look and looked a little mad then said coldly we are going to ask your wife to come back in the room! please stay here

11) When my wife came in ... the the Singapore VO said: I decided to accept your application ... congratulations !!!!! please wait for next step which is Medical examen be aware there is a strike going on and expect some delays

12) At this point we didn't care if a strike is going on ... all we wanted to here was "Application accepted" !!!!

13) They said it should take 1 month from now to finish the process

I hope sharing my Interview story with you guys will help (TOTAL interview time 1h15 hour)

Thanks a lot for people posting Interview question ... they are the same

tuoicao

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
Doc's Request.
07-2013
AOR Received.
03-10-2012 sencond time March 3 2016
Med's Request
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-2012 second time 28-03-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
07-29-2016
Congrats to you and your wife!! how long did you guys wait after you submitted your application??

tuoicao

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
Doc's Request.
07-2013
AOR Received.
03-10-2012 sencond time March 3 2016
Med's Request
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-2012 second time 28-03-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
07-29-2016
does everyone have to sign a use of representative paper?? both you and your spouse?? me and my husband just sign and sent it away so hopefully it will be in process soon. My application was receive in Singapore oct 3 2012 and the status says application receive and medical is also receive.

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
canadavietnam said:
Hi All,

This last week, it was Interview time and let me share our story:

1) I went with my wife in HCM do the interview at 08h45 AM
2) The waiting room was full of people waiting also for their interview
3) Employees were really busy and not chatty at all with a cold face on everyone
4) We waited 5 min. than my wife's name is called
5) She enters the room by herself
6) It was the longest moment for me waiting, waiting
7) She was still in the room for almost 45 minutes than my named was called out
8) I enter the room and my wife came out (she looked scared to death) .. omg
9) There were two VO there asking me questions about how I met my wife, where's my phone bill (I did not have since we were only speaking on the Internet) ... you said that in the application can you confirm now? (I wasn't sure 100% what we have written before)

10) Then finally VO had a really serious look and looked a little mad then said coldly we are going to ask your wife to come back in the room! please stay here

11) When my wife came in ... the the Singapore VO said: I decided to accept your application ... congratulations !!!!! please wait for next step which is Medical examen be aware there is a strike going on and expect some delays

12) At this point we didn't care if a strike is going on ... all we wanted to here was "Application accepted" !!!!

13) They said it should take 1 month from now to finish the process

I hope sharing my Interview story with you guys will help (TOTAL interview time 1 hour)

Thanks a lot for people posting Interview question ... they are the same
Congrats! I am truly happy for you and your spouse. My wife did not get an interview letter for July, and still waiting until end of month for my MP to request an update.

canadavietnam

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2010
AOR Received.
Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Feb-2011
Med's Request
Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
July-2013
Passport Req..
Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@ Dragoon

It's been a couple of times I went to HCM Canadian consular for many reasons (certified papers, check status updates, etc.) not in July and most of those times the consular is really not busy.

But last week when Interview (July), there were a lot of people going also to there interviews and I ask the Singapore VO:

ME: did you came from Singapore just for doing interviews?
VO: Yes we come here only to do interviews and we go back

I noticed that a lot of "Canadians employees" not "local vietnamease consular employees" were present at the consular which looks like they concentrate all interviews during July and perhaps go back to regular "not busy work" mode after summer since they going back to Canada/Singapore?

I also noticed that not everyone was for family sponsorship but maybe half of the people waiting were being interviewed as skilled worker or students since a lot of people were students with their parents or people with work-ish documents like certificate professional skills or something like that.

For people waiting for the interview #2 schedule date. They will send you that letter 6 weeks before the actual date (it was my case)

@ Hope my observation on place will give some idea of what is going on during Interview experience

Thanks

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
I wished they would do all interviews instead of just back logging everything for the next trip. So, at the worst my wife's interview will be in December if they send the 2nd letter in November. What a waste of everyone's time and Canadian tax dollars.

canadavietnam

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2010
AOR Received.
Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Feb-2011
Med's Request
Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
July-2013
Passport Req..
Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Did someone experienced after Interview success (Application Accepted) the next steps and timeline like:

1) When will received Medical form? (do they also request passport?)

2) Once Medical form done how long to receive passport request?

3) Once sent passport request how long to receive visa and pickup?

I am asking all those questions because I am currently in VietNam and scheduled to come back in early september ... so I just want to be prepared to maybe be here longer? (hope not !)

it's not that I don't like being in VietNam. I actually would stay here as long as possible but it's my BOSS and customers, they are so tired and sick of me flying back to VietNam so often for the last three years ... I do understand their frustrations :p )

Thanks

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tuoicao said:
does everyone have to sign a use of representative paper?? both you and your spouse?? me and my husband just sign and sent it away so hopefully it will be in process soon. My application was receive in Singapore oct 3 2012 and the status says application receive and medical is also receive.
You or your spouse should use 'Use of a Representative' Form only if you are using a third person (such as a consultant or lawyer) to complete the application and to represent you when contacting CIC. If you are filling out the form by yourself, then no need to use this form.

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Dragoon said:
I wished they would do all interviews instead of just back logging everything for the next trip. So, at the worst my wife's interview will be in December if they send the 2nd letter in November. What a waste of everyone's time and Canadian tax dollars.
@ Dragoon
What makes you believe that the next set of interviews will be in December. We have the exact same date with respect to file transfer etc. However with the on going strike I believe that the letter that we both received stating that the interview waiting time is approximately 24 months is completely meaningless.

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
Canadianfirst said:
@ Dragoon
What makes you believe that the next set of interviews will be in December. We have the exact same date with respect to file transfer etc. However with the on going strike I believe that the letter that we both received stating that the interview waiting time is approximately 24 months is completely meaningless.
I believe when they send the 2nd letter it is within 6 weeks for the interview. They have to reply by November 11, 2013, so 6 weeks would be end of December or moved to January I guess.

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Congratulation CanadaVietnam
I can relate to the anxiety you felt at the interview. The VO is like god looking at the evidence you supplied. Asking questions and cross checking the answers. They have both of your lives in their hands. What a process? The longest part is over and you know your wife has a visa. You can breath through your nose and let go of some of the tension caused by all the waiting.

I would like to know about the attitude or behaviour of the VO. How many observers or interviewers were there at the interview? If there was more than one VO did they switch in asking question? One VO asks a question and the other observes the body language and they switch once in a while. Were they friendly, serious throughout, accusatory,using bad tricks such leading the answer into error, etc?

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
@ Dragoon and @ whoever else has surpassed the average processing time of 26 months and no interview letter.
HAS ANYONE SENT A CASE SPECIFIC INQUIRY TO SINGAPORE SINCE THE STRIKE STARTED? What was the response time?

I called my MP's office to complain or vent I am not sure which. Parliament is out for the summer, The minister of immigration has been changed, The visa officers are on strike. From 18 months average processing 2 years ago to 26 + months in 2013

Does any one knows is it a Visa officers or an immigration officers that conducts the interview. I was told by my MP office that the officers that conduct the interview are sent from Canada. Less corruption I am sure. US ambassador to Vietnam got caught receiving bribes. lolol