+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Our Singapore timeline Vietnamese wife

stevensgn

Feb 2, 2013
janeyboss said:
A friend of mine from Manila who has a pending application there, received a message from the embassy that there will be some delays because of the huge amount of applications they're processing now. The embassy there isn't that big and the number of VO's assessing the applications are just few. So, expect a backlog. I just don't know if it affects the DMP which process the medical assessment from other countries such as vietnam. :(
Hello Janey and Love Canada,
FYI, my wife in VN has submitted her ppt back in February 2013 (2 weeks after she did her medical exams). It has been almost 4 months and still no status change on ECAS or anything.
Having known that it would normally take 8-12weeks before we could get the ppt back (with a visa), it's been killing me and my wife every single day. :'(
I've sent about 6-7 status request emails to SVO and last week I received (finally) a short response from them. "We are awaiting for the medical results from Manila before we can finalize your application." :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thanks Janey for your info. It helps clear things up.
By reading my timeline, hopefully it makes you guys feel better with the wait.

Good luck!

P.S.: I can't wait! :(

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
[Hi everyone,

since January 2011, today we got a letter from CIC for our scheduled interview next month (july 2013) in HCM after more than 2 years and 6 months of waiting.
We know that we cannot celebrate until its done ... so anyone here with interview preparation can gives us some tips?
I'm still shock ... we never thought this would come]

HQT
When you say "since January", do you mean when your wife's file was transferred to Singapore? or When you were approved to Sponsor?
I was approved on March 28 2011. We are also waiting for interview letter for my wife. She also received the first letter in november 2011. Her file was transferred to Singapore on May 13 2011. 2 years and almost 2 months we have been waiting since Singapore received her application. I have contacted my local mp to inquire about the first letter. If 24 months was counted from the date of the first letter (november 2011)or was 24 months counted from the time Singapore received her application. They answered it was from the time they received the application.

I see that your long wait is almost over at least for the next big step. The interview! It is encouraging to see that people who received interview letter in november 2011 are finally being processed and receiving the second letter with time and date.

canadavietnam

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2010
AOR Received.
Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Feb-2011
Med's Request
Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013 [color=red][b]IN PROCESS[/b][/color]
Interview........
July-2013
Passport Req..
Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013 [color=blue][b]DECISION MADE[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
Oct-2013 [color=green][b]COMPLETE[/b][/color]
Hi Canadianfirst,

1) I was approved as a sponsor in January 2011
2) file transfered Singapore february 2011
3) letter #1 interview november 2011
4) letter #2 interview scheduled july 2013 (ecas status still Application received but there is mentionned Interview Scheduled)

Once you received interview letter #1, CIC told me that you need to add a potential 24 months from that letter #1 date.

exemple:
Letter #1 date: november 2011

november 2011 + 24 months = except to receive letter #2 before november 2013

Hope this answers your question and wish your letter #2 will come soon. I will be posting updates regarding the Interview experience once experience in July 2013

Thanks

janeyboss

Aug 23, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Manila
stevensgn said:
FYI, my wife in VN has submitted her ppt back in February 2013 (2 weeks after she did her medical exams). It has been almost 4 months and still no status change on ECAS or anything.
Having known that it would normally take 8-12weeks before we could get the ppt back (with a visa), it's been killing me and my wife every single day. :'(
I've sent about 6-7 status request emails to SVO and last week I received (finally) a short response from them. "We are awaiting for the medical results from Manila before we can finalize your application." :mad: :mad: :mad:

Good luck!

Hi guys, I just got an email from the Canadian Consulate. My visa was approved. I'll be flying next week. It's been 1 month and 10 days afetr my medical. Hope you guys get your wives visa soon. Be patient. :)

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
canadavietnam, my wife received the 1st interview letter in November, 2011 as well. You got the 2nd letter on the 10th, hopefully my wife will be getting the 2nd interview letter as well. What date is the interview scheduled for?

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
stevensgn said:

Good luck!

FYI, they do not usually do any type of work if during the paper screening they suspect something. I think you have good news coming your way. The VO was not satisfied with my documents and as a result they are interviewing. When I checked the notes from VO they have not done anything such as meds, background and criminality.

thanh245

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2014
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Request
March 24-2014
Med's Done....
April 4-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 1st,2014-sent may 9.Decision made June 12
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2014
Singapore timeline Vietnamese wife

Hey guys, i need an opinion. Iam sponsoring my wife from vietnam. It has been 8 months since Singapore office has received her application for pr and her medicals. When should i start enquiring about the application? Im kinda curious about what stage the application is at. Should i order Gcms notes now? Or is it still too early in the process? What is the average time for sponsoring a spouse from vietnam? I think i may of read on this forum that they were speeding up the applications this year. Thanks.

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
Re: Singapore timeline Vietnamese wife

thanh245 said:
Hey guys, i need an opinion. Iam sponsoring my wife from vietnam. It has been 8 months since Singapore office has received her application for pr and her medicals. When should i start enquiring about the application? Im kinda curious about what stage the application is at. Should i order Gcms notes now? Or is it still too early in the process? What is the average time for sponsoring a spouse from vietnam? I think i may of read on this forum that they were speeding up the applications this year. Thanks.

I would have ordered a GCMS notes......rather by now. Initial review might have done by now of your application...

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
@ Canada Vietnam

Thank you for your time line. It is helpful in determining how much more time my wife will have to wait for her own letter. Needless to say that this process has completely stressed me out. I support my wife in vietnam. My wife is also stressed out. I can only assume that the immigrations Canada is giving us the test of time to see if our relationship is continuous. I sincerely hope that she receives her letter soon and that the process afterwards is relatively quick. From the posts that I read I don't believe it will be the case since. Manila is now responsible for more countries to review medicals and it appears to be taking 4 to 5 months more. My God!
Please keep me posted on your wife's interview. The questions, the VO attitude, etc.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi:

My visa office is also Singapore.

My wife got an e-mail today asking her to do medical. Her medical expired last month.

There was no request for Passport though.

Has someone here was asked to to re-medical? After that, usually what happens once you do the re-medical?

tuoicao

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
Doc's Request.
07-2013
AOR Received.
03-10-2012 sencond time March 3 2016
Med's Request
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-2012 second time 28-03-2016
Interview........
12-01-2015//ADR jan 28 2016 WON!!
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2016!! Passport received 23-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-29-2016
Hi im sponsoring my husband from vietnam. Singapore sent me a letter to be sign but it got lost in the mail and it had to be sign in 60 days i am wondering does anyone know what that letter could be?? and when they send it for me to sign does the 60 start over again. thank you

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tuoicao said:
Hi im sponsoring my husband from vietnam. Singapore sent me a letter to be sign but it got lost in the mail and it had to be sign in 60 days i am wondering does anyone know what that letter could be?? and when they send it for me to sign does the 60 start over again. thank you
Are you sure they didn't e-mail you? Because if they e-mail you, then you can print-out and sign and send.

It is hard to say what letter they send you because everyone's case is different.

If they mailed you, then did you call them and asked them to send it again? If they are sending it again, I am sure you can sign and send it back within 60 days from the 1st time they send you the letter.

Kbean

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st:18-06-2012 2nd:20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 15th, 2014, PP sent April 2nd, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued May 2nd, 2014, Decision Made May 5th, 2014
LANDED..........
Landed
Has anyone bought life insurance for their spouse here in Canada and send the proof to VO to bolster their application?