+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Our Singapore timeline Vietnamese wife

trungngo13

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question.

My wife's ECAS has been changed to Medical results have been received. She also just received her criminal record paper and are waiting for my daughter's Viet Nam Visa.

Should she just submit her passports along with the criminal record certificate now OR wait for them to request her passport, since in the package send to her back Nov 24th, 2012 it stated that you must submit the passport no later than 60 days from this letter date etc...

Any advice on this? And anything else I should tell her to submit to make the transaction smoother.

greenoil

Star Member
May 3, 2012
You should wait the next move from them, send an inquiry to Singapore if you can't wait. They usually reply in a few days for people who are close the finish line. Tell her enjoy life their, no need to come here early, winter is not over yet.

trungngo13

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great, Thanks so much we'll wait another week or two.

One other question, when she went to do her re-medical last month the people at IOM told her to also complete this form calle d Ly lich tuyen the (schedule A / background declaration), http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH//pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.pdf

I think my wife has to fill out the form with her personal details or do I need to. Also is this form even necessary as the package she received from Singapore does not point out all the requirements for her to do besides doing her re medical, pictures and wait to submit her passport etc...

Anyone have had a similar situation?

greenoil

Star Member
May 3, 2012
When dealing with Canadian government institution, they are usually very clear, read all the information, follow it, and don't skip part of the reading.
Back to your question, it's there in the form. They gave the form to her since she's the Principal Applicant. However, I believe you already included this form when you submitted to Mississauga, that's strange why IOM-VN asked to redo this form. Email Singapore, they'd provide a better answer.

One more thing, I see you have this "Should she just submit her passports along with the criminal record certificate now OR wait for them to request her passport, since in the package send to her back Nov 24th, 2012 it stated that you must submit the passport no later than 60 days from this letter date etc..."
Is the letter Nov 24th, 2012 not Nov 24th, 2013? If it is Nov 24th, 2013, you need to read and follow the letter carefully. From what I see, you are delaying your case by not submitting the passport and Police Certificate within 60 days from Nov 24. She has about one week to submit the requested documents.

trungngo13

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great, thanks for the clear answers and yes it's 2013 not 2012, my mistake in typing it.

The problem is that the package she received from Singapore did not request that she need to do the schedule A / background declaration, but when she went for her medical they clearly said that she must submit it along with her passport when she bring it in to IOM and have them submit it to Singapore. It strange, but I think I will take your recommendation and go with what the package said to do and not so much IOM as they are only the middle man.

I will keep you posted and will have my wife submit her passport along with everything before the end of this week.

greenoil

Star Member
May 3, 2012
trungngo13 said:
Great, thanks for the clear answers and yes it's 2013 not 2012, my mistake in typing it.

The problem is that the package she received from Singapore did not request that she need to do the schedule A / background declaration, but when she went for her medical they clearly said that she must submit it along with her passport when she bring it in to IOM and have them submit it to Singapore. It strange, but I think I will take your recommendation and go with what the package said to do and not so much IOM as they are only the middle man.

I will keep you posted and will have my wife submit her passport along with everything before the end of this week.
Do include the updated Schedule A in the package, and submit the package as soon as possible. Don't wait to the end of the week you don't have a lot of time to spare.

trungngo13

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, just got off a call with my wife and have her fill out the Schedule A form and Tuesday (VN time) or Wed latest go to IOM to submit it and have them send it to Singapore.

I hope this will turn out ok.

Thanks so much for helping me get through this.

Kbean

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st:18-06-2012 2nd:20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 15th, 2014, PP sent April 2nd, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued May 2nd, 2014, Decision Made May 5th, 2014
LANDED..........
Landed
Good news, my wife just received notification from Singapore asking her to redo her medical examination. Does this mean the interview is waived?

Cheers :D

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
Yes, if they ask for you to redo meds your interview is waived.

I had interview 7 weeks ago, and I sent an enquiry to Singapore (they said 5-6 weeks). They e-mailed back saying they will send medical instructions, so looks like we passed the interview ;D. No update on ecas though.

Kbean

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed
Dragoon said:

I had interview 7 weeks ago, and I sent an enquiry to Singapore (they said 5-6 weeks). They e-mailed back saying they will send medical instructions, so looks like we passed the interview ;D. No update on ecas though.
That's excellent news ;D. I was just in Vietnam visiting my wife, we sent Singapore about 50 photos, hotel receipts, and boarding passes of our travels about 3 weeks ago. This week we got an email about the re-medical.

Cheers :) :) :) :)

QPH

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2011
File Transfer...
21-01-2012
Dragoon said:

Hi Dragoon,

I read that they interviewed both of you, would you mind share with us in details what kind of question they asked... does it make any difference if you were there with your wife?

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
QPH said:
Hi Dragoon,

I read that they interviewed both of you, would you mind share with us in details what kind of question they asked... does it make any difference if you were there with your wife?
The questions they ask you will be individualized to your specific case, especially whatever concerns they have written in your assessment.

In my case we actually had a mistranslated Family Registration. The person who translated it added an extra sheet with someone's name on it. They asked me about this person for a good 15 min. or more, and same as my wife. Fortunately, the original and copied Family Registration does not have that person, so we were able to explain that it was a mistake.

For myself, they asked about my daughter: birth date, name of school, friends, gifts I have given, and extra curricular activities she took part in. I didn't remember school name or names of friends. But here they are just seeing if I had any sort of relationship with my step-daughter.

Other questions on 1st interview: why did I come back this visit, who came to pick me up this trip, where do I work, what present did I give my wife for her birthday this year, what gifts have I given my daughter, date when I first proposed, why my parents do not approve of my marriage, why didn't we have a wedding ceremony (we only had a civil one at the justice department), why didn't we stay at my wife's parents' house, what hotel did we stay at, where did we stay with my last visit, where are we staying right now, how much money did it cost to rent, who is the owner of the house we are renting from, what my wife wanted to do once she got here, did she learn English, how much money I sent and for what, do we have any joint accounts.

For my wife they followed up with the same questions plus a few others. After my wife's interview they called me in again. The VO said there was a few discrepancies and that it would take 5-6 weeks for a decision. She proceeded to ask me more questions.

2nd interview: when did we first have sex, how am I going to support my wife and daughter, where did we go for vacation last summer, did I have anything else to say before the interview was completed.

Now, that 2nd question the VO kept digging for an answer. I replied I would support my family with the wage I made, but then she asked if my wife had any income. I answered she is a pharmacist, so she makes money right now by selling drugs and medicines to her clients. Not what the VO wanted to hear, so then she asks does my wife not have land? I answered yes she has a house, VO goes no not a house - land. I say yes land (there is a house built, but I didn't argue). VO asks how long ago did she receive this land. I wasn't hiding anything, but I did not remember every detail. You will feel very rushed and will not remember every single detail or have time to phrase your answer nicely.

My interview was way longer then my wife's. I believe that, yes, it did make a difference in the decision making. I had a feeling if I wasn't there they would have rejected my wife's application. Also, your answers do not have to match 100% as long as you are not lying. For example, I said my wife did not like to stay at home. She would learn English then do pharmacy. My wife answered she does not want to stay at home. She knows that her pharmacy diplomas are no good here, but she knows how to tailor and would do that over here.

Hopefully, this helps you and anyone else with the interview.

M

mikeymyke

Hey guys

My wife made photocopies of her birth certificate for our marriage application to send to So Tu Phap, and they stamped the copies using their own So Tu Phap stamp/logo. 3 weeks later, we were wondering if we can still use this stamped copy for the PR application?

Because CIC rules state photocopies must be certified/notarized and have a written affidavit, but these photocopies are just simply stamped by So Tu phap with no affidavit.

Also, we got copies of our marriage license 1 week after signing the marriage license, but the copies have the same issue as above, only a single stamp, and the copies do not show our signatures, is this ok? Or did you guys play it safe by photocopying the real marriage license with the signatures?

Kbean

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed
mikeymyke said:
Hey guys

My wife made photocopies of her birth certificate for our marriage application to send to So Tu Phap, and they stamped the copies using their own So Tu Phap stamp/logo. 3 weeks later, we were wondering if we can still use this stamped copy for the PR application?

Because CIC rules state photocopies must be certified/notarized and have a written affidavit, but these photocopies are just simply stamped by So Tu phap with no affidavit.

Also, we got copies of our marriage license 1 week after signing the marriage license, but the copies have the same issue as above, only a single stamp, and the copies do not show our signatures, is this ok? Or did you guys play it safe by photocopying the real marriage license with the signatures?
You should attach both copies. I did not have to produce affidavits for those copies.

QPH

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2011
File Transfer...
21-01-2012
Hi Dragoon,

Thanks for your details about your interview and congratulation for your success as I heard from other Vietnamese forum that lot of people are interviewed on Nov and Dec 2013 did not make it. I think we will have less a chance because we are older couple (I am in the late 50 and my wife is 45) and we both have children from previous marriage. You said they questioned you very hard about how you are going to support your family in Canada... so, if your marriage is genuine but they think your family will be a burden in Canada, they will still refuse your application? Also, how you answered when they ask why you did not have a wedding ceremony? I did not have one either but I did write the reason in the application form... Thanks Dragoon, you know how I feel waiting.... you were there not so long ago eh?