+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa VO candidates waiting for final review by officer.

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Just called IRCC and was told my husband's app was transferred to Ottawa VO. Hopefully that is a good thing. Looks like you are all average about 10 months. Fingers crossed it'll be the same for us!

Tracker is showing it is being updated daily so I don't know what that means. Nothing ever changes on the app though. Eligibility is still not started...

battylife

Apr 16, 2023
The IRCC phone agent told me on Friday that my eligibility, background check and security screening have all passed, pending final approval at Ottawa VO. I spent 9 years in the US, so they might be spending time to cross check with CBP or USCIS. This thread seems to suggest things can get stuck at this final stage for weeks or months?

EE FSW-Outland
AOR: Jan 15, 2023
Medicals/Biometrics passed: Jan 18, 2023
Ghost Update (IP2): Mar 20, 2023

Last edited:

RavJas

Jun 2, 2021
Hello all,

I just thought to start a thread on Ottawa VO applicants waiting for PPR.
Mainly for those who haven't had a ghost update in a month or so and feel the PPR should come anytime now.

I haven't had ghost update since Dec 07th,Ottawa VO.

Outland Paper based, ecas shows DM and in the final officer review queue. Just trying to see how long it takes before the final review is done. Thanks.
Hello all,

I just thought to start a thread on Ottawa VO applicants waiting for PPR.
Mainly for those who haven't had a ghost update in a month or so and feel the PPR should come anytime now.

I haven't had ghost update since Dec 07th,Ottawa VO.

Outland Paper based, ecas shows DM and in the final officer review queue. Just trying to see how long it takes before the final review is done. Thanks.
Hi, did you get ppr or not yet?

battylife

Apr 16, 2023
The IRCC phone agent told me on Friday that my eligibility, background check and security screening have all passed, pending final approval at Ottawa VO. I spent 9 years in the US, so they might be spending time to cross check with CBP or USCIS. This thread seems to suggest things can get stuck at this final stage for weeks or months?

EE FSW-Outland
AOR: Jan 15, 2023
Medicals/Biometrics passed: Jan 18, 2023
Ghost Update (IP2): Mar 20, 2023
Update:

I called another IRCC phone agent last week, and she told me my security check was yet to start. At the same time, the IRCC tracker regressed to show security in progress.

But when my CBSA notes came in, it said that an eligibility review is pending.

Conclusion: IRCC phone agents and the tracker as not as reliable as advertised.

brunogent

Aug 23, 2022
Hello

welcome on board for me.
FSW-O

everything is completed for my file (2 persons) since May, 16th.
I called IRCC agent on May 17th who told me everything is fine and completed. Have to wait for a final decision. She told maybe 1 or 2 weeks but she wasn't sure.
So I just have to wait ....
PVO cio sydney
SVO cpc ottawa

RavJas

Jun 2, 2021
Hello

welcome on board for me.
FSW-O

everything is completed for my file (2 persons) since May, 16th.
I called IRCC agent on May 17th who told me everything is fine and completed. Have to wait for a final decision. She told maybe 1 or 2 weeks but she wasn't sure.
So I just have to wait ....
PVO cio sydney
SVO cpc ottawa
Do you know when was your security check started and completed?

brunogent

Aug 23, 2022
Do you know when was your security check started and completed?
hello.
Nope i don't know exactly. My BCG was completed on May 11th and when I called IRCC by the end of April, the agent told me security hasn't started yet. So it should be between April 20th and May 10th

But everything is ok and good according the agent since May 16th and I wonder how long to have some news from them ...

RavJas

Jun 2, 2021
hello.
Nope i don't know exactly. My BCG was completed on May 11th and when I called IRCC by the end of April, the agent told me security hasn't started yet. So it should be between April 20th and May 10th

But everything is ok and good according the agent since May 16th and I wonder how long to have some news from them ...
Awesome, may be soon or this week you will get good news.

When I called IRCC agent they didn't tell me when security has started. All he mentioned all passed and file is good. Just wait .

What is your timeline?

brunogent

Aug 23, 2022
Awesome, may be soon or this week you will get good news.

When I called IRCC agent they didn't tell me when security has started. All he mentioned all passed and file is good. Just wait .

What is your timeline?
AOR 15 feb
BIL 28 feb
Bio 7 mar
Elligibility passed on March 11th
Background passed on May 11th
Medicals passed on May 16th

yep this week but i hope i won't have to wait longer than 1 month to have some news ...