+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa processing times/citizenship ceremony dates

theDream2015

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Long time lurker here and have been following the spread sheet too. I have noticed that there are many ceremonies coming up for Ottawa ( 3 on 27 April, 1 on Wed 2 May 2018 and 1 on Friday 4th May 2018) and yet no one on the spreadsheet is going to them. I understand that the spreadsheet does not include everyone who is or has applied. But the dates make it seem like there is some processing happening. I have been waiting since my test 16 Feb 2018. The officer said I would get oath in 2-3 months and yet I am still "in progress". I ordered notes but they have not come in ( day 37 now) and calling IRCC led to the standard " 12 month processing".

I know all I can do is wait but I am wondering if the spreadsheet has not been updated or the users have left the forum?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Long time lurker here and have been following the spread sheet too. I have noticed that there are many ceremonies coming up for Ottawa ( 3 on 27 April, 1 on Wed 2 May 2018 and 1 on Friday 4th May 2018) and yet no one on the spreadsheet is going to them. I understand that the spreadsheet does not include everyone who is or has applied. But the dates make it seem like there is some processing happening. I have been waiting since my test 16 Feb 2018. The officer said I would get oath in 2-3 months and yet I am still "in progress". I ordered notes but they have not come in ( day 37 now) and calling IRCC led to the standard " 12 month processing".

I know all I can do is wait but I am wondering if the spreadsheet has not been updated or the users have left the forum?
You can ask an IRCC agent over the phone if your security check is done yet. You don't have to wait for the notes to find out what delays the decision. Mostly, the security check is still pending.

Reactions: Kan_Sri

theDream2015

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did speak with them but they said everything was in order and 12 months processing time

buddha

Aug 31, 2013
Date of Application : 6-12-2017
AOR : 26-1
IP : 7 FEB 2018
Thanks
So, it is almost 5 months since you applied and no test invite yet. But looking at the spreadsheets
Ottawa seems faster than Brampton.
Maybe it is not the office but the application characteristics that decide its speed.
Like no. of absent days in the eligibility period, frequency of travel, employment history, maybe
also the country of origin or something else. just guessing.

Reactions: DESIGN.IQ

DESIGN.IQ

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks
So, it is almost 5 months since you applied and no test invite yet. But looking at the spreadsheets
Ottawa seems faster than Brampton.
Maybe it is not the office but the application characteristics that decide its speed.
Like no. of absent days in the eligibility period, frequency of travel, employment history, maybe
also the country of origin or something else. just guessing.
Yes
But no one from Ottawa who applied last December have received Test invitation yet :(

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Date of Application : 6-12-2017
AOR : 26-1
IP : 7 FEB 2018
I have a similar timeline in Ottawa:
App received Nov-30
AOR Jan 19
IP Feb 6

There are a few late Nov applicants like me and only one received test invite in Ottawa so far...

Reactions: DESIGN.IQ

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Trying to make this thread alive, so that Citizenship applicants in Ottawa can share and exchange their opinions, knowledge, and experience.

Thirdjonesgirl

Mar 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015 IP: 24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
22-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-06-2015 SA 17-06-2015 DM 2015-10-30
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
LANDED..........
08-12-2015
Just curious, all applications go to Nova Scotia right? Do they then get dispatched back out to a regional office for assessment? I guess my question is, what makes one area of the country go faster than another. We just sent off my husbands application this week, so I know we've got a long way to go and with the postal strike it seems delivery will be delayed a few days. We live in Ottawa, so does that mean that there is a good chance things will move faster than other areas?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Just curious, all applications go to Nova Scotia right? Do they then get dispatched back out to a regional office for assessment? I guess my question is, what makes one area of the country go faster than another. We just sent off my husbands application this week, so I know we've got a long way to go and with the postal strike it seems delivery will be delayed a few days. We live in Ottawa, so does that mean that there is a good chance things will move faster than other areas?
The below excerpt is from citizenship guide

Processing your application
The Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Sydney makes sure your application:

• meets the minimum processing requirements
  • includes all the required documents
  • has the right fee
Your application will be returned if:

• it doesn’t meet the minimum processing requirements
  • doesn’t include the correct fee payment
  • is not complete
Processing starts once we receive a completed application.

The CPC sends your application to another office for further processing.

You will get:

• acknowledgement of receipt (by mail or e-mail)
  • correspondence asking for more information (in some cases)

So there if for sure "other office" other than Sydney where our applications are handled. Also, once needs to go for test/interview at a local office.

IMO, the processing time at a local office depends on the number of staffs they have, number of applications they receive and other services they offer (other than citizenship processing), which will directly impact waiting time for the test and interview.