+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Office

kombrayki

Nov 15, 2013
can someone share their timeline for those who did the test in October 2013
I just need to get some hope as they told me 3-6 months when i did the test on 31 October 2013.

lots of people is just taking 1-2 months sometime same day.
Please share your timeline for those who are in Ottawa

Thank you

Ottawacitizen

Nov 20, 2013
kombrayki said:
I just need to get some hope as they told me 3-6 months when i did the test on 31 October 2013.

Thank you

What i was told when we did the test that it would take 1-4 months. But we havent received anything yet.

Ottawacitizen

Nov 20, 2013
kombrayki said:

Thank you
Dont worry In sha Allah we will all get the letters soon! Be optimistic and don't worry too much!

coolbreeze30

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Don't know if this would help you guys because maybe it has changed since then , but I did the test on January 15 2013 an I got the letter on febuary 16 2013 to take the oath on march 14 2013 so if its still the same then providing that you guys passed the test then you should be getting your oath letters soon

kombrayki

Nov 15, 2013
This is my timeline, hope this will help others to compare

Applied: June 15, 2012
In Process: February 1, 2013
Test: Oct 31 2013
Oath: Still waiting

Please share yours if you can, thanks a lot

kombrayki

Nov 15, 2013
Hello All,
Any updates for those who did the test in OCT 2013
Any updates for oath ceremony

Please Share

Thank you

dperaje

Oct 7, 2013
Hello everyone,
My wife applied for citizenship in 2012 and here is her timeline.( I pretty much did all the paperwork for her)
application sent :Aug 2012
in process: Feb 2013
RQ requested: July 2013
Test Date : Nov 13, 2013
Oath date: Dec 18, 2013
I was following a number of people on here... the timeline and stuff. Its just crazy how the whole process is. Finally we all see that letter for the oath date and everything ends well. I wish you all lots of good luck and a speedy Canadian Citizenship. It is worth the wait, just hang in there folks. Hope this helps!!!

dperaje

Oct 7, 2013
Hello Chandu,
MY wife's file was at Ottawa office and RQ requested in August 2013, her timeline is above.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Thanks for your reply. Was there any communication between her and CIC during the period between RQ submission and Test letter?

dperaje said:
Hello Chandu,
MY wife's file was at Ottawa office and RQ requested in August 2013, her timeline is above.

dperaje

Oct 7, 2013
hello Chandu,
There was no other communication between RQ and test. I was shocked that it went through so fast. I had been reading on this website from people, that how long its taking. But I guess every individual's case is treated differently. So I guess its just the waiting game.
Good luck and hopefully you get your reply faster.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
dperaje,

Are you from a visa-waiver country ? How come it went so fast for your wife ? (of course, congrats :) )

Also, is she a home maker or working ? And with very little to no travel out of Canada ?

YOur responses will be helpful. Thnak you

dperaje

Oct 7, 2013
Hello us2yow,
My wife is not from visa waiver country. I cant believe myself how fast it went through. We were least expecting it this year. Reading all the reviews here I thought she was bound to have her Citizenship in 36 months but luckily its been 16 months with RQ. We have travelled back and forth every year about 120 days in the last 4 years. She was employed when she applied and now planning to go to school/uni. But one thing that might have triggered it faster would have been - she volunteered for an NGO - catholic Centre for Immigrants and they gave her a very good reference letter and also a Certificate of active participation for her work. We feel this might have been one of the major factors.
Wish you all the best, cheers!